Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-29-2012, 07:11 PM #1
MileHighPaintball

Hookah Discussion

I remember seeing a hookah discussion thread awhile ago. I cant find it or else id be posting in there. Im trying to get some good reviews on some stuff im looking to buy but everything on google is from 2009-2010 nothing really recent.

I am looking into getting a Mya Vortex (any good)

Fantasia Coals ( any good?)

Fantasia Shisha ( I pretty much only smoke fantasia because its either that or AL- Fakur around here and i HATE that stuff)

Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

MODS if this is the wrong spot for this just let me know where to go!

Thanks everyone!

Join on facebook pm me or wurthuit4660 for more information!!!
MileHighPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2012, 07:17 PM #2
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

There's a hookah thread in osst
DrobertsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:20 PM #3
MileHighPaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrobertsPB View Post
There's a hookah thread in osst
Im sorry, i am new to this whole small talk thing on pbnation.

What is osst?

Old 09-29-2012, 07:22 PM #4
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

Old School Small Talk

you have access to that after being on the site for 1 year.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:29 PM #5
MileHighPaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrobertsPB View Post
Old School Small Talk

you have access to that after being on the site for 1 year.
Looks like ill have to look into it tomorrow, i hate having a banned account, thanks alot man

Old 09-29-2012, 07:35 PM #6
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

no problem, home boy
Old 09-29-2012, 08:08 PM #7
ALLCAPS (Banned)
that recipe

go to OSST *** face

I used to love hookah, owned 2 Khalil Mamoons, a magdy zidan, a mya gelato, and a mya QT (for travel purposes). But there is a thread all about this *** **** in OSST

and if you aren't smoking with Coco nara coals, then suck a dick

Edit: and personally Tangiers shisha is the best. If you use a phunnel bowl that is (you should buy a phunnel bowl or a vortex either way as stock bowls usually suck *******). Though tangiers has to be acclimated (not a hard process) but it is worth it, will you give you one hell of a nicotine buzz as well (and I'm a pack a day smoker), don't smoke that shwagger on an empty stomach, you will puke.

This reminds me of the shisha/hookah product reviews I used to do on youtubes. Companies would literally send me their bull**** to sit behind a camera and talk about how good or ****ty it is. I got free hookahs, shisha, coals, etc. out of doing so. and it really wasn't hard to get into if you know the right people in the hookah world LOL

also, where do you live? I can point you to some awesome sites to order from that will get you your **** super quickly. I may even be able to get some discount codes, that's what I used to do

Last edited by ALLCAPS : 09-29-2012 at 08:13 PM.
ALLCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:17 PM #8
Ly$ol (Banned)
Spit Yo Yo Mafia

Hipsters smoke hookah
Ly$ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:21 PM #9
DuckWalk

DuckWalk has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLCAPS View Post
go to OSST *** face

I used to love hookah, owned 2 Khalil Mamoons, a magdy zidan, a mya gelato, and a mya QT (for travel purposes). But there is a thread all about this *** **** in OSST

and if you aren't smoking with Coco nara coals, then suck a dick

Edit: and personally Tangiers shisha is the best. If you use a phunnel bowl that is (you should buy a phunnel bowl or a vortex either way as stock bowls usually suck *******). Though tangiers has to be acclimated (not a hard process) but it is worth it, will you give you one hell of a nicotine buzz as well (and I'm a pack a day smoker), don't smoke that shwagger on an empty stomach, you will puke.

This reminds me of the shisha/hookah product reviews I used to do on youtubes. Companies would literally send me their bull**** to sit behind a camera and talk about how good or ****ty it is. I got free hookahs, shisha, coals, etc. out of doing so. and it really wasn't hard to get into if you know the right people in the hookah world LOL

also, where do you live? I can point you to some awesome sites to order from that will get you your **** super quickly. I may even be able to get some discount codes, that's what I used to do
Own a KM have a range stove now so heating up Cocos is a ***** ive been using quicklights the past month and their is def a difference. OP myas are not bad you just want something that wont rust so make sure you are working with stainless steel. Never had tangiers although i hear its wonderful. Starbuzz is another good tobacco to check out if you like fantasia also not really a big fan of alfahker here either seems to lose its kick after being opened even if i repackage it. Layalina is an ok cheap smoke. I smoke about twice a day so ive been through pretty much every starbuzz and fantasia out there.

Also ALL CAPS im open to some discount codes and websites if you want to shoot me a pm.
DuckWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:34 PM #10
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
reported
My Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:58 PM #11
MileHighPaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoBaller1991
reported
Why?

Old 09-29-2012, 09:00 PM #12
ALLCAPS (Banned)
that recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckWalk View Post
Own a KM have a range stove now so heating up Cocos is a ***** ive been using quicklights the past month and their is def a difference. OP myas are not bad you just want something that wont rust so make sure you are working with stainless steel. Never had tangiers although i hear its wonderful. Starbuzz is another good tobacco to check out if you like fantasia also not really a big fan of alfahker here either seems to lose its kick after being opened even if i repackage it. Layalina is an ok cheap smoke. I smoke about twice a day so ive been through pretty much every starbuzz and fantasia out there.

Also ALL CAPS im open to some discount codes and websites if you want to shoot me a pm.
I second the Starbuzz recommendation. Starbuzz is good quality shisha, though so is Fantasia. I really love Starbuzz Blue Mist (though who doesn't?) it's really a popular shisha, a lost of people love the flavor, and it's refreshing due to the menthol taste.

But yeah I'll see if I can find some discount codes on the sites I used to visit. I was apart of a few hookah forums back in the day. My favorite being hookahdomain, thought if I'm not mistaken it got bought out my the dude that owned worldhookah.com, his named is Neal and he is a complete dickhead, **** that guy for real.

There was another community I used to be apart of that was run by some old members of hookahdomain when it got bought out. But I can't remember the name.

and if no one has tried the hookah hookah, or hookah freak, line of shisha made by Sahara Smoke (a company based out of Georgia) then I suggest you do. They have some pretty extravagant flavors but you have to learn how to pack it right or it will burn funny (it's SUPER fine tobacco with a lot of artificial flavoring, and very water based). Also Sahara Smoke makes some excellent hookahs for great prices, I got one for free from them and I couldn't complain at all, and plus it looked pretty cool (the base did at least). In fact when I used to have friends over for hookah they would always make me pack my Sahara smoke piece, it got a lot of compliments from the ladies.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:03 PM #13
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
holy tl;dr
My Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:11 PM #14
Vswizzle (Banned)
SWIZZIN 24/7 365 *****ES

Vswizzle owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Vswizzle is for the Gunfight
Vswizzle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Vswizzle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
my friend has a hookah, a cheap 10 dollar one
i've smoked it before, its kinda cool i guess.
Vswizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:14 PM #15
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

I wish there was a good hookah bar around here. I kind of want to go get one but have other things my money is being spent on right now.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:14 AM #16
MileHighPaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000
I wish there was a good hookah bar around here. I kind of want to go get one but have other things my money is being spent on right now.
There are a few nice ones by where I live and it's only $8 a person for 2 bowls. Not bad

Old 09-30-2012, 01:00 AM #17
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite

Annual Supporting Member
dualimpact helped look for balloons
Starbuzz is the only sheesha that gives me a buzz but I prefer non nicotine sheesha and buy from social smoke a local company, their "mobster" flavor taste just like monster energy drink.
dualimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:06 AM #18
cephas
shoot shoot What?

cephas has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
al fahker is deff the way to go for shisha great quality control they are the best for traditional flavors, starbuzz is good for a unique flavor.

also stay away from chineese made hookahs get a kahlil deff egyptian made is the way to go. just my 2 cents from working in hookah bars on and off for the past 5 years

I WOULD RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM THEN LOVED FOR WHO IM NOT - AT
Proud ex owner of a DARK DM4

cephas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:09 AM #19
madflo
Noob with Skills

madflo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
madflo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
madflo has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
madflo has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
hookah is cool.
E-FLEX

Capital Edge Paintball Park
FOR SALE:
madflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:19 AM #20
huahuamick (Banned)

Hipsters smoke hookah

huahuamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:08 AM #21
ALLCAPS (Banned)
that recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephas View Post
al fahker is deff the way to go for shisha great quality control they are the best for traditional flavors, starbuzz is good for a unique flavor.

also stay away from chineese made hookahs get a kahlil deff egyptian made is the way to go. just my 2 cents from working in hookah bars on and off for the past 5 years
Al Fakhar is good for the price, though back when I was into hookah they had a lot of batches that sucked ***. Basically one flavor you try one day is super good and then a month later I'd order the same flavor, and it taste entirely different (their white grape is really good, but I've had batches, and so have others, that taste exactly like ketchup).

But generally speaking, Starbuzz and Al Fakhar are the most common brand you can find locally. Layalina is another common one that is hit or miss. and never smoke Nakleh unless it's green apple (anise flavored), it's not for everyone but it's a very traditional smoke, and rather refreshing. There is a greek restaurant by me that serves hookahs and I always get some Nakleh green apple after dinner.