PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 09-29-2012, 02:55 PM #1
greatsoccerman

bent freak

I just got the back of my freak barrel in off ebay. Don't know if the seller will take it back. IT says on the post "as is no returns" so does any one have any suggestions for bending it back. It's bent that much. The inside is still smooth no damage on the inside where you would have to push metal out its just bent. Not ever a half an inch
greatsoccerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2012, 03:32 PM #2
BARBdaMan
Doesn't roll on Shabbos..

BARBdaMan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatsoccerman View Post
I just got the back of my freak barrel in off ebay. Don't know if the seller will take it back. IT says on the post "as is no returns" so does any one have any suggestions for bending it back. It's bent that much. The inside is still smooth no damage on the inside where you would have to push metal out its just bent. Not ever a half an inch
Can you even screw it onto the marker?

The issue is, even if the back lines up correctly with the threading of your marker, the trajectory of the ball will still be affected if in fact the barrel back itself is bent. Which brings into question, do the sleeves interchange within the barrel back without much effort? (If they do, in theory I suppose you should be alright?)

Either way, even if he did list as is, he would need to list that the performance is subject to be affected. (maybe)

Let us know where the bend is, or show us pictures?
BARBdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:13 PM #3
greatsoccerman

Yes it does fit in the marker and I can put inserts in but they are hard to put in and get out but it is possible without tools. I tool a picture but can't figure out how to put it on. I'm on a Droid. But both ends of the barrel will touch the surface ofthe table but the middle will be lifted up some. Not even a quarter of an inch but its noticeable
Old 09-29-2012, 04:15 PM #4
greatsoccerman

I see what you are saying about the inserts fitting. But the barrel will still not be looking straight down the gun where I am shooting
Old 09-29-2012, 04:19 PM #5
BARBdaMan
Doesn't roll on Shabbos..

BARBdaMan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatsoccerman View Post
Yes it does fit in the marker and I can put inserts in but they are hard to put in and get out but it is possible without tools. I tool a picture but can't figure out how to put it on. I'm on a Droid. But both ends of the barrel will touch the surface ofthe table but the middle will be lifted up some. Not even a quarter of an inch but its noticeable
Well, I think I remember running into this before myself a long time ago.

The best this I can tell you is if the inserts themselves are not bent or are not bending to fit inside the freak back then you might be alright? This is highly unlikely as if the barrel is bent in any way it will put an innapropriate amount of back spin on the ball (lol, who knows, you might have a Flatline/apex barrel of sorts on your hands.)

Take the risk if you want and try shooting it compared to another barrel that you know is true and see if you notice a difference.
BARBdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:05 PM #6
rooster_2010

That issue should be covered under eBay buyers protection deal. All problems have to be stated upfront before the item is bought.
rooster_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:51 PM #7
Egos4flifeguy
- FISH - FISH - FISH -

Egos4flifeguy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Egos4flifeguy is for the Gunfight
Egos4flifeguy is for the Gunfight
Egos4flifeguy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Egos4flifeguy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Egos4flifeguy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Egos4flifeguy supports DLX Technology
If he didn't say, barrel is bent, or the freak is unusable then you should be protected. That's his fault.

What feedback does he have on there? If he has a lot, he will not want a negative one from you.

Just try to work it out with the seller first, if he's a jerk then go to ebay customer support.

Best of luck
Egos4flifeguy's Gearbag Sale
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Blue/Black I4s!
Egos4flifeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:55 AM #8
GrimCPT
MVP Its not brain science

GrimCPT plays in the PSP
GrimCPT is playing at Living Legends V
GrimCPT posts videos on PbNation
GrimCPT plays in the APPA D5 division
Please post some pictures, to do so up load them to photobucket, then just copy the img link it will look like this = [img]blahblahblah.com[/img] I have got to see this.
GrimCPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:16 PM #9
greatsoccerman

let me know if that works. you can see the middle of the barrel is off the table meaning the two ends are touching with an arc. the seller has been real good and on his photo you cant see the dent in this picture

i honestly think it was usps... ive opened a claim with them. any one have any experience with uninsured items and usps. Also anyone know of any tools that can be used to straigten this out. im in an engineering class so i have access to lathes and grinders and all that good stuff. im new in the class so i dont know what each machine does.
ReplyRegional Ups