Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 02:40 PM #1933
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior
 
Naumoff42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Orrville, Ohio
Naumoff42 plays in the MiLP
Naumoff42 donated to help Peyton Trent
Naumoff42 supports DLX Technology
I found a brand new 2011 ninja 250 for $2900 but I feel like i'm getting ahead of myself right now. I know there would be no possible way for me to ride for a good couple of months anyway and I don't even have any gear yet.

Would getting an Arai helmet be overkill for basic road commuting? I know everyone says to pay what you feel your head is worth and I do want to be safe so I don't have an issue with paying so much for a helmet. I just want to know if I should be going a cheaper route instead.
__________________
The Unsung Heroes
Rapid Fire Paintball l Zephyr Paintball l Too Tall Productions l 412 Productions

Let me buy your Philly Luxe

DaLuxe Mob

Naumoff42 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2013, 02:42 PM #1934
B-RADD
Sassy
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calvert County, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballblk13 View Post
Congrats!! It looks good! Gotten a chance to ride it yet?
Not yet, as I don't have my motorcycle licence yet lol. But I was able to watch him ride it and my buddy is riding it home for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
brings back memories.

let me know if you want some parts to make that thing a knee dragging machine
The only parts I plan to get are new tires come spring and maybe a two brothers slip on, but prices for those new are outrageous and I can't find any used that are reasonable.
__________________
Easily, Lets get carried away.

Flashing lights against the sky
Giving up, I close my eyes

B-RADD is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 03:21 PM #1935
paintballblk13
►Kyle◄
 
paintballblk13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: TEXAS
paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballblk13 supports Bob Gurnsey
paintballblk13 posts videos on PbNation
paintballblk13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-RADD View Post

Not yet, as I don't have my motorcycle licence yet lol. But I was able to watch him ride it and my buddy is riding it home for me.
Nice, that's barely any miles on it! Sounds like fun, be safe.
__________________
paintballblk13 is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 03:22 PM #1936
teen
[]D [] []v[] []D
 
teen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MB long island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naumoff42 View Post
I found a brand new 2011 ninja 250 for $2900 but I feel like i'm getting ahead of myself right now. I know there would be no possible way for me to ride for a good couple of months anyway and I don't even have any gear yet.

Would getting an Arai helmet be overkill for basic road commuting? I know everyone says to pay what you feel your head is worth and I do want to be safe so I don't have an issue with paying so much for a helmet. I just want to know if I should be going a cheaper route instead.
definitely not overkill. riding in an arai; imo, is like driving in a mercedes lol.
__________________
ST:A Car Audio- What?
teen is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 03:26 PM #1937
automagwarrior
 
 
automagwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: CT
 has been a member for 10 years
automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naumoff42 View Post
I found a brand new 2011 ninja 250 for $2900 but I feel like i'm getting ahead of myself right now. I know there would be no possible way for me to ride for a good couple of months anyway and I don't even have any gear yet.

Would getting an Arai helmet be overkill for basic road commuting? I know everyone says to pay what you feel your head is worth and I do want to be safe so I don't have an issue with paying so much for a helmet. I just want to know if I should be going a cheaper route instead.
You can get a scorpion exo 700 for 1/5 the price that will last you a solid two seasons and still be useful as a backup lid afte that.

I love my Arai lid but I only paid 200$ on it. I say wait for an end or begining of season deal to scoop up an Arai lid, instead of paying full pice for it right from the get go.
automagwarrior is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 03:43 PM #1938
teen
[]D [] []v[] []D
 
teen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MB long island
this is the perfect season to be buying motorcycle gear.. after the holidays and still brutally cold across most of the nation
__________________
ST:A Car Audio- What?
teen is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 05:11 PM #1939
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior
 
Naumoff42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Orrville, Ohio
Naumoff42 plays in the MiLP
Naumoff42 donated to help Peyton Trent
Naumoff42 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
You can get a scorpion exo 700 for 1/5 the price that will last you a solid two seasons and still be useful as a backup lid afte that.

I love my Arai lid but I only paid 200$ on it. I say wait for an end or begining of season deal to scoop up an Arai lid, instead of paying full pice for it right from the get go.
I'm in no rush so ill probably just wait to get the arai since everyone seems to have such positive reviews on them. Where is a good place to look for deals on them though? I don't know any of the big name shops that would have stuff.
__________________
The Unsung Heroes
Rapid Fire Paintball l Zephyr Paintball l Too Tall Productions l 412 Productions

Let me buy your Philly Luxe

DaLuxe Mob

Naumoff42 is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 06:36 PM #1940
teen
[]D [] []v[] []D
 
teen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MB long island
motorcyclesuperstore
kneedraggers
motomummy

those are my top 3 for online purchases
__________________
ST:A Car Audio- What?
teen is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 07:01 PM #1941
B-RADD
Sassy
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calvert County, MD
So far my immediate plans for the Ninja are:
change oil
dump tank and fill with fresh gas (it sat for 3 months or so)
new air filter
new spark plugs
carb rebuild kit (very very slight leak, might as well)

Spring plans:
new tires, thinking pirelli sport demons from reviews
maybe two brothers slip on

What octane gas do you fellas recommend running? Any specific kind of oil aside from what the manual calls for? Anything else I should do that I'm forgetting?
__________________
Easily, Lets get carried away.

Flashing lights against the sky
Giving up, I close my eyes

B-RADD is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 07:52 PM #1942
automagwarrior
 
 
automagwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: CT
 has been a member for 10 years
automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
87 will be fine. Keep an eye on tire pressure throughout the season. It's 10x more important on a bike than it is in your car.
automagwarrior is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:10 PM #1943
xXinpayneXx
MW
 
xXinpayneXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 920
My Arai is going on it's 3rd year, fits perfect, and feels amazing on your head, plus the aerodynamics that lower priced helmets simply don't have.

I won't replace it with anything else.
__________________
ΣTΓ
xXinpayneXx is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 PM #1944
Milky Spore
i be illin'.
 
Milky Spore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
You can get a scorpion exo 700 for 1/5 the price that will last you a solid two seasons and still be useful as a backup lid afte that.

I love my Arai lid but I only paid 200$ on it. I say wait for an end or begining of season deal to scoop up an Arai lid, instead of paying full pice for it right from the get go.
I want that lid so badly lol it fits my head perfectly.
__________________
"Originally posted by UglyDuckGizmo: at first i was like nah this soundtrack is awesome, then that white trash bull**** about having sex in your car came on.
Milky Spore is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:23 PM #1945
automagwarrior
 
 
automagwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: CT
 has been a member for 10 years
automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mine too
automagwarrior is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:26 PM #1946
Milky Spore
i be illin'.
 
Milky Spore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
:jealous:

Ill just have to purchase mine at full price. I haven't tried on every helmet in the world, or even a tiny fraction of them, but I am confident that vector 2 is made for my noggin.
__________________
"Originally posted by UglyDuckGizmo: at first i was like nah this soundtrack is awesome, then that white trash bull**** about having sex in your car came on.
Milky Spore is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:35 PM #1947
automagwarrior
 
 
automagwarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: CT
 has been a member for 10 years
automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Try my shoei. I think I'm going to ride with my vector next season.
automagwarrior is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 11:30 PM #1948
4literranger485
xtreme noob
 
4literranger485's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: California City, CA
4literranger485 supports Team VICIOUS
4literranger485 supports Empire
i went from exo-400, to exo-700, to shoei rf-1000. Yes the EXO's are very good for the money.....but still the shoei's are leaps and bounds better.

Better aero, less buffeting, MUCH quieter, visor half-click (love that option here in the hot desert). come's with removable breath gaurd and chin gaurd. ventilation works much better IMO
__________________
There are rules here!
4literranger485 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 12:08 AM #1949
tonybhall
Mag Daddy
 
tonybhall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bama: Roll Tide!
Annual Supporting Member
tonybhall is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
tonybhall supports our troops
I currently wear an HJC FS10. Thinking about picking up a Scorpion EXO 1100 for my next helmet this spring. Anyone here have any experience with them?
__________________
Bryan

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
tonybhall is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 11:38 AM #1950
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior
 
Naumoff42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Orrville, Ohio
Naumoff42 plays in the MiLP
Naumoff42 donated to help Peyton Trent
Naumoff42 supports DLX Technology
I know i've been asking a ton of questions lately but what are the most important pieces of riding gear i should spend the most on or buy first?

I plan to get an arai helmet first and then I know I need a good pair of gloves. After that i'd probably get some kind of back protector and a jacket (or would I be better to just get a jacket with some protection in it? How necessary are pants and boots though? I wouldn't be doing anything more than recreational riding around town and slight highway riding.
__________________
The Unsung Heroes
Rapid Fire Paintball l Zephyr Paintball l Too Tall Productions l 412 Productions

Let me buy your Philly Luxe

DaLuxe Mob

Naumoff42 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 11:56 AM #1951
tyler151
 
 
tyler151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: anaheim CA
tyler151 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tyler151 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hey i just stumbled across this thread, i work in the moto industry at a moto shop so if you all want/need anything hit me up .

the exo 11 is a pretty awesome helmet, scorpions first carbon kevlar blend helmet comes with a flip down visor, id suggest trying one on before you buy, as they (scorpion brand) tend to run a lil small.

as for the most important gear , spend as much as you possibly can

helmet
jacket
gloves

in that order.
if you have an idea on what you want hit me up with models and sizes, and ill see what kind of price i can get you,
tyler151 is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 11:59 AM #1952
tonybhall
Mag Daddy
 
tonybhall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bama: Roll Tide!
Annual Supporting Member
tonybhall is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
tonybhall supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naumoff42 View Post
I know i've been asking a ton of questions lately but what are the most important pieces of riding gear i should spend the most on or buy first?

I plan to get an arai helmet first and then I know I need a good pair of gloves. After that i'd probably get some kind of back protector and a jacket (or would I be better to just get a jacket with some protection in it? How necessary are pants and boots though? I wouldn't be doing anything more than recreational riding around town and slight highway riding.
Obviously if you go down you want to have on all the gear you can get your hands on. But it all comes down to what you're willing to wear when you ride.

IMO, boots are a must. I'd never ride without a full face helmet, gloves and boots. I rarely ride without a jacket and know that I shouldn't when I do.

And while I know I should wear some pants designed for riding with crash protection, I don't and only know 1 person that wears riding pants on a regular basis. For me they just aren't practical.
__________________
Bryan

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
tonybhall is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 12:01 PM #1953
tonybhall
Mag Daddy
 
tonybhall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bama: Roll Tide!
Annual Supporting Member
tonybhall is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
tonybhall supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler151 View Post
hey i just stumbled across this thread, i work in the moto industry at a moto shop so if you all want/need anything hit me up .

the exo 11 is a pretty awesome helmet, scorpions first carbon kevlar blend helmet comes with a flip down visor, id suggest trying one on before you buy, as they (scorpion brand) tend to run a lil small.

as for the most important gear , spend as much as you possibly can

helmet
jacket
gloves

in that order.
if you have an idea on what you want hit me up with models and sizes, and ill see what kind of price i can get you,
Welcome to the thread Tyler. I just might hit you up on that EXO 1100 before long. I'll try one on at the local dealership and see how it fits.
__________________
Bryan

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
tonybhall is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump