Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 11:05 AM #1765
lowbudgethero
Boomer

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-RADD View Post
So I was going to pick up that ninja tomorrow and I asked the guy if he has the title and its clear. He then proceeds to tell me this late in the deal that it has an R title. Are motorcycles generally the same as cars where the advice is to usually run far, far away?
I'd ask him to bring the price lower right off the bat due to resell value. It's usually not bad if its in state purchase rebuild title, but out of state is a pain in the ***.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2012, 11:16 AM #1766
B-RADD
Sassy

God damn it of course I'm out of state from him lol. Are there problems with registering or insuring it or something?

Flashing lights against the sky
Giving up, I close my eyes

Old 12-26-2012, 11:18 AM #1767
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
God damn it of course I'm out of state from him lol. Are there problems with registering or insuring it or something?
It depends on each state and how they deal with reconstructed titles, some times it's as simple as reinspecting it sometimes not. You'd have to check with your dmv rules.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:01 PM #1768
B-RADD
Sassy

Seller says all he had to do was replace a turn signal and get it inspected in order to get the rebuilt title. Would that damage be enough for an insurance company to salvage it?

Old 12-26-2012, 12:11 PM #1769
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
Seller says all he had to do was replace a turn signal and get it inspected in order to get the rebuilt title. Would that damage be enough for an insurance company to salvage it?
If the faring was cracked, that costs quite a bit because the insurance would quote for replacement.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:43 PM #1770
B-RADD
Sassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudgethero View Post
If the faring was cracked, that costs quite a bit because the insurance would quote for replacement.
Yeah I mean i talked him down from 2750 to 2400, and that was before I knew it had a rebuilt title, since apparently that fact was unimportant enough to leave out of the craigslist ad. So of course when I find out I offer slightly less and he gets offended, saying "you are paying for the bike not the R title"... well the R title comes with it *******

Old 12-26-2012, 02:17 PM #1771
4literranger485
xtreme noob

4literranger485 supports Team VICIOUS
4literranger485 supports Empire
Quote:
I like my textile jacket better than all but the high end leathers, it has a **** ton of high impact armor in it lots of zippered vents for summer. I was thinking about a strip leather jacket for the summer, but then I'd have to get a lining with armor for it, so it would end up being much more than just 200 bucks.
I was giving a high estimate to add on top of the price of a textile. Let's say textile $150-$200, plus my $200 (estimate). That's enough for a dainese jacket, some of the best quality out there. And Perforated leather will breath better than heavy textile. The mesh "summer" jackets shouldn't even be thought of as an option. Those can actually melt to your skin under the friction/heat of a pavement slide. Impact armor is nice, but it's just for that, the impact. The sliding on pavement (IMO) is what gets you. I simply will always urge old and new riders alike to purchase leather safety gear. Just always factor in about $1k on top of the bike for a quality helmet, leather jacket, leather gloves, and motorcycle specific leather boots. It could be substantially less if shopping smart! Buy the best gear you can afford, search for values, and get that leather!!!!!!!!

shoei for 275!!

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=8543

scorpion exo-700's for $90!!!! (this is what Mladin was wearing a year or two before retirement) I've worn one for years on the track/street and can highly recommend

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...l.bok?no=15618

tons of leather jackets, some on sale for under $200, many in the $200-300 range. for value teknic chicane is a good proven line, also speed and strength

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...s %3AShow+All

quality street gloves for $50, get full gauntlet for the track. I have two friends who have tested the full gauntlets with good results lol

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=8457

Most people have boots anyways. Go for sturdy leather, not fashion leather. I like redwings personally, they don't look to "racey" and you can wear them out and about. When hitting the canyons or track, look for a more race style boot.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:19 PM #1772
4literranger485
xtreme noob

Quote:
Yeah I mean i talked him down from 2750 to 2400, and that was before I knew it had a rebuilt title, since apparently that fact was unimportant enough to leave out of the craigslist ad. So of course when I find out I offer slightly less and he gets offended, saying "you are paying for the bike not the R title"... well the R title comes with it *******
That stinks man, the rebuilt/salvage is always gonna hit on the value of the bike. But the smaller bikes right now seem to be mantaining killer resales with the gas prices. What year is the ninja you are looking at? Sorry if I missed it in another post.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:58 PM #1773
4literranger485
xtreme noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
Pretty sure he was just screwing with you.
well played I'm not very good at the interwebs

Last edited by 4literranger485 : 12-26-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: egregious typo
Old 12-26-2012, 03:00 PM #1774
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4literranger485 View Post

Also for the gentleman who said "1/0/0 not to be trusted". I also mod for a suzuki forum, yamaha forum, I've been an A-group level track rider for years. Can turn 1:29's at streets of willow, and 1:35's at WSIR. I've also raced supermoto in the STTARS series in southern California. I'm new to paintball, not to bikes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
Pretty sure he was just screwing with you.
This right here.
Quote:
well played I'm not very good at the interwebs
lrn2interbuttz This - = sarcasm.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:24 PM #1775
B-RADD
Sassy

Quote:
That stinks man, the rebuilt/salvage is always gonna hit on the value of the bike. But the smaller bikes right now seem to be mantaining killer resales with the gas prices. What year is the ninja you are looking at? Sorry if I missed it in another post.
This one:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/3480381341.html

Old 12-26-2012, 04:16 PM #1776
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Quote:
The pogo stick fork ? Front flips all day.

This was the front setup I wanted. Got my 88cc kit and rear setup in though.

This is the rear setup they gave me. Gave me a 12 inch wheel instead of 10 though which I'm not complaining about.

"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:29 PM #1777
4literranger485
xtreme noob

Quote:
that looks pretty darn clean. Personally I would pay $2400 definitely, but that's something you'll have to decide. The new body style 250's seem to be holding value well.

My main question would be:

Are you using it as a beginner bike, and plan on moving up to a 600cc or other bigger machine in the near future? Or do you plan on keeping it, commuting, saving gas, weekend canyons, and putting 50-100k on that bike?

If you plan on selling it again soon, I'd pass on the rebuilt/salvage title unless he goes cheaper. If you plan on keeping it until it can't propel you forward any longer....it's probably a decent value.

Those bikes have their own race class around here, and it looks like amazing fun!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:32 PM #1778
4literranger485
xtreme noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanbuckhunter View Post
This right here.

lrn2interbuttz This - = sarcasm.
i'm working on that.

So what model Harley is that in your avatar???
Old 12-26-2012, 04:36 PM #1779
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

What did he want like 2400 for it? It's only worth looking into if he drops the price significantly. And I mean by like 1000 dollars. Maybe a few hundred more on top of that bayou can definitely find yourself a way better deal on a ninja 250. Pass on this one and keep searching.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:11 PM #1780
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Quote:
i'm working on that.

So what model Harley is that in your avatar???
You're learning, young padawan.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:53 PM #1781
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
If you are okay with the lower resale value of the bike I would still go ahead with the deal. Just do your research on registering the bike in your state. It really looks to be in nice shape. Assuming there is nothing crazy going on below the fairings I would be fine with it.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:37 PM #1782
4literranger485
xtreme noob

so I only have supermoto bikes, and a cruiser right now for riding. Thing is, I'm really missing the supersports on the race track. I got out of supersports a year or so ago for the smaller, cheaper, supermoto realm. I've got a little baja bug I'm selling, and am debating on whether to get another GSXR and get back to the big boy tracks. I really don't even remember why I quit going.

or buy a gun lol
Old 12-26-2012, 07:40 PM #1783
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Waiting on the SR400 to come state side, if it doesn't I'm not sure what I'm going to buy.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:55 PM #1784
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
so I only have supermoto bikes, and a cruiser right now for riding. Thing is, I'm really missing the supersports on the race track. I got out of supersports a year or so ago for the smaller, cheaper, supermoto realm. I've got a little baja bug I'm selling, and am debating on whether to get another GSXR and get back to the big boy tracks. I really don't even remember why I quit going.

or buy a gun lol
Guns are too expensive right now lol.

The R6 seems to be the most popular for trackdays around here.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 12-26-2012, 09:08 PM #1785
tex_mania
BSA Support

tex_mania plays in the PSP
tex_mania owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tex_mania owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tex_mania plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:

or buy a gun lol
I'd wait a year or so on getting a gun. Depending on what you want. Pistols and semi auto rifles are going to be outrageous til people calm down after the recent shootings.

On the earlier topic on leathers? I found a nice a* perf leather on eBay for under $200. It's comfortable, has high impact pads in the elbows and shoulders, and softer padding for chest and back. Got some gloves from the px that were leather with padded palms and cf knuckles for under $50. Still looking for good overpants, but I couldn't afford them right away. Good boots are a must, but motorcycle specific isn't really necessary. I ride in my uniform boots, a pair of converse 8" side zips with composite safety toes. Just need good ankle support, and most sturdy work boots provide that without looking dumb in street clothes. And scorpion Exo 400 is snell rated for around $125, and is pretty comfy IMO.
Closed Thread