Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 08:39 AM #1639
Samoa Was Banned 3x
2008 Yamaha R1

Samoa Was Banned 3x donated to help Peyton Trent
Samoa Was Banned 3x helped look for balloons
Samoa Was Banned 3x supports Team VICIOUS
Samoa Was Banned 3x is for the Gunfight
I still wish I have owned a V Twin...keep trying to get my buddy to trade for his RC 51, he will never give it up though.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2012, 08:41 AM #1640
lowbudgethero
Boomer

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoa Was Banned 3x View Post
I still wish I have owned a V Twin...keep trying to get my buddy to trade for his RC 51, he will never give it up though.
v4 is best
Old 12-21-2012, 09:16 AM #1641
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

The sv would be an ok bike to start out on, just as long as you are putting some effort into learning some skills. Read some books, do a trackday when you feel comfortable.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 12-21-2012, 09:28 AM #1642
teen
[]D [] []v[] []D

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-RADD View Post
I apologize for my lack of ability to sift through internet sarcasm, but are you all saying the SV650 is too much bike or would it be okay? Or are there differing opinion?
SV650 is an awesome bike.. any bike is just as dangerous as the next, its just a matter of how fast they can get you into trouble.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:24 PM #1643
statik40
2k6

statik40 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
I'd kill for 52 right now. Looking at the 10 day I'm pretty sure this will be my last week commuting.

I'm good beween 25-40* degrees but I think were going to start seeing actual winter temperatures, like 20-35* insead of 35-50* for the next few months.
been out as low as 32 before... im also kinda new to riding so...
Old 12-21-2012, 01:30 PM #1644
stonebag
Cowabunga

stonebag helped look for balloons
stonebag is playing at Living Legends V
stonebag owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-RADD View Post
So the guy with the Ninja might be selling it before I can get to it next week. I also saw some nice SV650's in my area, aren't these fairly tame for a bigger bike? I thought I've heard something along those lines before.

Also, Is it a bad idea to buy a used helmet?
I have a buddy that had a sv650 and it was the first bike I ever rode. They are known to be amazing beginner bikes.
I grew up riding dirt bikes so I knew the basics, and jumped onto a geared 04 gsxr-600 as my first bike. It was a bit wild at first, but I don't regret it at all. If I would have started out with a 250 I believe I would of been very disappointed come a few months into riding.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:16 PM #1645
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 12-21-2012, 02:50 PM #1646
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonebag View Post
I have a buddy that had a sv650 and it was the first bike I ever rode. They are known to be amazing beginner bikes.
I grew up riding dirt bikes so I knew the basics, and jumped onto a geared 04 gsxr-600 as my first bike. It was a bit wild at first, but I don't regret it at all. If I would have started out with a 250 I believe I would of been very disappointed come a few months into riding.
Geared?
Old 12-21-2012, 03:20 PM #1647
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

I'm guessing he means the typical sprocket changes that everyone does since it works better for getting to the quickie mart and back.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:47 PM #1648
automagwarrior

Yeah, just never heard of a sprocket swap referred to as "geared" like it's a Jeep.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:13 PM #1649
teen
[]D [] []v[] []D

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonebag View Post
agreed.

i do agree with the point that its better to learn to ride a slow bike fast than ride a fast bike slow, but at the same time thats advice id have give to certain people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
I'm guessing he means the typical sprocket changes that everyone does since it works better for getting to the quickie mart and back.
most people do it because it makes it a good amount easier to get your front wheel off the ground at a lower speed vs chasing a wheelie at 70mph with stock gearing. of all the ppl i ride with ive never met anyone who went with a larger rear sprocket for the sole purpose of getting their bike moving quicker.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:13 PM #1650
xXinpayneXx
MW

All the people you ride with are squids then.

Bigger rear or smaller front equals faster acceleration. lower top speed.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:16 PM #1651
teen
[]D [] []v[] []D

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXinpayneXx View Post

Bigger rear or smaller front equals faster acceleration. lower top speed.
no **** sherlock. sole purpose aka only reason.. obviously it gives you faster acceleration but that is not the reason they did it.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:30 PM #1652
automagwarrior

because for wheelies
Old 12-21-2012, 09:09 PM #1653
Diametunim

Diametunim owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Wheelie time!

And since we've had all this talk about SV's here's a relevant badass photo, give credit to reddit.

Last edited by Diametunim : 12-21-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:40 PM #1654
ECD2004
ILAA

ECD2004 is a Supporting Member
that whole races worth of photos is awesome. the guy showed up to the wrong racetrack and decided to race anyway if i remember correctly
Old 12-21-2012, 09:50 PM #1655
cynicalrider
robert paulson

cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
cynicalrider is for the Gunfight
cynicalrider supports Pev's Paintball
Ha 56t rear up in this *****.

"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.

Last edited by cynicalrider : 12-22-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:00 AM #1656
teen
[]D [] []v[] []D

are those mechanix gloves? lol
Old 12-22-2012, 09:57 AM #1657
cynicalrider
robert paulson

cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
cynicalrider is for the Gunfight
cynicalrider supports Pev's Paintball
No they are these:
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:23 AM #1658
stonebag
Cowabunga

stonebag helped look for balloons
stonebag is playing at Living Legends V
Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
Geared?
-1 in the front +2 in the back. It is bitter sweet because like people said, the acceleration is insane, but the top speed is also limited. Yes, the person I bought it from did it to wheelie it. It also makes my speedo off by a ratio which is annoying, anyone know a good speedo healer?

Pics of bike just because I am new to this thread.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:44 AM #1659
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

are you a midget or something

/obligatory hate

Closed Thread