PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 01:35 PM #1555
binaryterror
Static?

binaryterror is a Supporting Member
i only used the chin skirt for keeping air out of my eyes. with contacts any breeze will dry the **** out of my eyes. in fact during a race in the summer one of my contacts fell out when i popped my head up after a straight to brake. half of a race with only vision in one eye sucked. cost me 1st place in fact. any of u have that problem and have any ideas to help keep air from coming under the helmet into my eyes?

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2012, 04:44 PM #1556
xXinpayneXx
MW

It took me a few contacts to figure out which ones work best with my eyes.

I now use accuview oassis with hydra clear.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:09 PM #1557
automagwarrior

has been a member for 10 years
automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ditto on the lenses. I'm pretty much Stevie ****in Wonder without my contacts so it's always been a big concern of mine.

Can anyone here help me out with a bit of photo shopping? Need The pics touched up that I'm framing for gifts
Old 12-16-2012, 11:38 PM #1558
teen
[]D [] []v[] []D

i got pulled over in july and have to go to court soon.. i was cited 2 bs tickets, still only had a permit at the time. officer pulled over a buddy of mine (for doing a stand up), pulled up to us both at a red light after following us for maybe a mile, pointed to him only and then pointed at the side of the road. my friend starts to veer towards the side of the road, but then takes off down the hwy, subsequently leaving me at a red light with a cop about ~15 ft in front of me.

i basically tell myself you didnt do anything wrong, which i didnt (cop was obviously pissed about my friends wheelie) so i just flip my kill switch. cop gets out tells me to move over so im not in the way of traffic. he starts talking to me asking for my buddies name (i know his name but i say i only know his first name, it was my second time riding with him). he asks me my name and what not, asks for ID, when he sees i only have a permit thats when he gets excited. he says well this poses a problem for you now, doesnt it? youre all alone here with a permit and no licensed rider.. im like yeah well i just had a licensed rider, so how is this my fault? he gets back in his crusier, about 10 minutes goes by and now theres like 4 crusiers around me. cop gets out and this mother ****er wrote me a ticket for no license. im like ok, do what you gotta do. now i got like 5 cops telling me to give up my buddies name, i stick to my story and insist i just met him i only know his first name, no address or anything else.

now maybe another 10 minutes goes by after this cop told me he wrote me a no licensed ticket. he basically says if i dont give up a name hes gunna write me up for something else. im like guy, i wasnt doing anything wrong. anyways, he proceeds to write me a speeding ticket now for 87 in a 55.. 31+ so itll be an 8 point ticket, 11 points and my license is gone. so thats basically what you need to know.

now when i go into court, they cant charge me for anything more than what i was already ticketed for, correct?

on the ticket, under arrest type it says "type 1", which im pretty sure means it was a visual confirmation of my speed, meaning no radar gun was used.

so if i basically ask him how certain he is that i was traveling at 87 miles per hour and he says fairly certain, cant i just say i was really traveling at 115 mph so youre fairly certain of 87 is about ~30 mph off, that doesnt make him look so credible? see where im going with that? lol

its a tvb court meaning no plea bargaining, im either guilty or not guilty, unless the cop doesnt show 3 times or some bs or looses his notes on the case. ****ty for me so thats why im kinda bugging out about this but im really just trying to find a way out of this since i wasnt doing anything wrong in the first place and i was only cited tickets for not giving up a friends name. cop even gave me the option, give up my friends name on a sworn statement and i can ride away with no tickets. im no snitch and i know if i dipped on a cop id be mighty pissed if someone gave me up.

what gets me about this whole situation is that the cops are basically condoning running from the police, am i right? i mean if you run, no tickets.. pull over, its gunna get expensive real quick.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:44 PM #1559
automagwarrior

I don't think they can increase charges or costs. I would fight it and tell them you weren't speeding and it's obvious the cop wrote you a speeding ticket because they were pissed you didn't know your riding buddies name, which you had better be sure you can stick to since you will probably be sworn in, or whatever the hell they call that process where you agree to tell the truth.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:03 AM #1560
teen
[]D [] []v[] []D

only good news on the situation is that the court turns to a county court or something like that on april 1st, so when that happens they will allow plea bargains. hopefully i can reschedule it back that far (im allowed 3 reschedules)

i asked the cop for a business card also, because apparently they're mandated to give you one if you ask for one(seen it on a youtube video or some ****). when i asked him, he got like nervous for a second, kinda flustered like i was on to something, asking me what i needed it for. he was like, what you wanna call me later and take me on a date or something? said he didnt have one his name was on the ticket if i really needed it. thats very unprofessional if you ask me..
Old 12-17-2012, 12:29 AM #1561
automagwarrior

what do you need a business card for? his name is on the ticket
Old 12-17-2012, 12:51 AM #1562
xXinpayneXx
MW

Ever hear I plead the 5th?
Old 12-17-2012, 12:55 AM #1563
automagwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXinpayneXx View Post
Ever hear I plead the 5th?
easier said than done. i know my rights pretty well, but cops are going to threaten you and charge you with BS, as they did in this case, when you advocate for your own rights.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:17 AM #1564
Flyersfan707
Bo$$ hog

Annual Supporting Member
Stop riding with douche rockets.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:59 AM #1565
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
easier said than done. i know my rights pretty well, but cops are going to threaten you and charge you with BS, as they did in this case, when you advocate for your own rights.
Doesn't help ct cops are a bunch of **** nuts. I had one call me up once screaming he was gonna have me arrested over an iPod my ex gifted to me because she decided she wanted it back.

I love my town cops. They're cool as ****. Every time they busted us partying they just took our beer and sent us home walking and left our vehicles so we could get them in the morning. Also I was doing 70 in a 40 when there was nobody else on the road but this one cop and we exchanged waves since I know the guy.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:09 AM #1566
paintballblk13
►Kyle◄

paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballblk13 supports Bob Gurnsey
paintballblk13 posts videos on PbNation
paintballblk13 is Legendary
Anyone familiar enough with a 07 gixxer to tell me where to find the ignition coils?
Old 12-17-2012, 10:13 AM #1567
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Probably near the engine somewhere.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:30 AM #1568
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Google ignition coil and look for the part that looks like that.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:36 AM #1569
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballblk13 View Post
Anyone familiar enough with a 07 gixxer to tell me where to find the ignition coils?
follow the spark plug and anything that might be attached to it
Old 12-17-2012, 11:48 AM #1570
paintballblk13
►Kyle◄

paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballblk13 supports Bob Gurnsey
paintballblk13 posts videos on PbNation
paintballblk13 is Legendary
Okay cool, I cleaned them up and adjusted my oil level so hopefully the bike will run better now, I didn't see any water in them
Old 12-18-2012, 12:10 AM #1571
automagwarrior

If anyone is interested in donating to the children of Sandy Hook I have a direct way to help. This week I will be purchasing backpacks, art supplies, pens and pencils. These will be donated to the Monroe school district, one town over from Sandy Hook. Monroe will be hosting the student from Sandy Hook while their school is under investigation.

One of my riding buddies has three children in the Monroe school district. All I can say is that I can give you my word that money will go towards the kids.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:57 AM #1572
B-RADD
Sassy

Some of you may remember my original post in this thread:

"As a possible first time buyer/rider, I have a few questions for you guys. With the astronomical gas prices that are only expected to get higher later in the summer, I've started looking at motorcycles because of the high mpg and they seem fun. But, I have zero, and I mean ZERO riding experience...on anything. Iv'e never ridden anything motorized with two wheels in my entire life. What would be the recommended path for me to get started? Iv'e also realized through the stickies/google/what you guys say that I should be looking for a bike that is:
a)cheap
b)slow
c)forgiving
d)something I wont care that much about if I drop it

Since I prefer streetbikes over the cruiser style, my search has pretty much led me to the Ninja 250/500 series of bikes. This would be a good choice correct?

Found this local to me:
old dead link

Also, I understand that I should be ready to drop a good amount of coin in order to buy the right gear to protect myself, as well as take an MSF course. Thanks for the replies in advance."

That was a while ago but I've still had an interest in picking up a bike, and with winter here bikes are going for decent prices. I've pretty much settled on finding a nice Ninja 250, preferably 08+ because I much prefer the styling over the earlier model. I found this somewhat near me, what do you gentlemen think?

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/3480381341.html

Anything I should look out for? Decent price?

Flashing lights against the sky
Giving up, I close my eyes

Old 12-18-2012, 08:08 AM #1573
cynicalrider
robert paulson

If they are the original owner make sure break in maintenance was done properly. Check for signs of drops, replaced fairings, fairings that don't fit correctly, etc. Find out why that one fairing is cracked. If there is evidence of a drop make sure it wasn't a potentially very costly drop that may have misaligned the subframe, forks etc. To be honest a 2009 is very unlikely to have all these things and it looks pretty good. I've bought bikes from the 90's and early 2000's and have had very little issues.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:17 AM #1574
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-RADD View Post
Some of you may remember my original post in this thread:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/3480381341.html

Anything I should look out for? Decent price?
Make sure to test all throttle to make sure there is no hesitation, dude might have had it sitting all winter and could have had some deposits in the carb and that the carb is working correctly. Ninja 250s are great bikes, kinda quick (compared to a car) and handle well.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:23 PM #1575
B-RADD
Sassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
If they are the original owner make sure break in maintenance was done properly. Check for signs of drops, replaced fairings, fairings that don't fit correctly, etc. Find out why that one fairing is cracked. If there is evidence of a drop make sure it wasn't a potentially very costly drop that may have misaligned the subframe, forks etc. To be honest a 2009 is very unlikely to have all these things and it looks pretty good. I've bought bikes from the 90's and early 2000's and have had very little issues.
This is probably a stupid question but motorcycles have to get inspected like cars right? Then I could take it somewhere with knowledgeable people to look over it and make sure everything checks out.

Flashing lights against the sky
Giving up, I close my eyes

Closed Thread