PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 04:31 PM #1471
cynicalrider
robert paulson

:/ I am very fortunate enough to not know anyone who has been seriously injured or killed. *knocks on wood*
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 PM #1472
teen
[]D [] []v[] []D

haven't seen anyone go down yet either.. there were a few occasions where i was riding, left the group to go home or whatever and then soon after someone went down..

http://www.nomartirechanger.com/cate...how=100&page=1
anybody ever heard of this brand of tire changers? im tried of going to a shop to have my tires changed and am looking for something to put in the garage.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:14 PM #1473
paintballblk13
►Kyle◄

paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballblk13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballblk13 supports Bob Gurnsey
paintballblk13 posts videos on PbNation
paintballblk13 is Legendary
I have no one to ride with so I don't see this!

And here's the summer jacket I just got

Old 12-11-2012, 05:33 PM #1474
tex_mania
BSA Support

tex_mania plays in the PSP
tex_mania owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tex_mania plays in the APPA D5 division
One of the mp's I work with got hit by a coca cola truck a couple weeks back when he and his girl were riding 2 up. He rode a 600cc jap sport bike of some kind, not sure what. Thing is, he was a very defensive rider, never really went to fast, always gave people lots of room. Truck pulled out in front of him and he went into the trailer. His wife was ok, just bruised up a bit. He's still in the hospital, starting to talk again and learning how to feed himself again. He was in a coma for 2 weeks.... Doesn't remember people he worked with, doesn't remember much about his time in the army either... ****ed him up bad. He always wore good ppe, and a hi vis/reflective vest.... Sometimes **** just happens.

Thankfully, its looking like he'll end up making a full recovery, physically, but they don't know if the parts of his memory he lost will return... **** sucks, y'all ride safe out there, and wear your damn helmets. If he hadn't been wearing his, he'd be dead right now.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:45 PM #1475
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

I'd be dead like...5 times over if it weren't for good helmets.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 12-11-2012, 05:48 PM #1476
SmALLNipples
.haH.

I ride with all the regular stuff + motocross boots and elbow and knee pads every time i ride anywhere. People look at me like im a freak but **** em. Never really been down at speed but had a few stupid slow falls in the rain, never even got a scratch. Wear your gear or enjoy your rash
Old 12-11-2012, 06:25 PM #1477
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
Jacket was a nice high end RS-taichi (until they cut it off of him)..
I woulda begged for them to not cut it off of me. Whenever I crashed in my bmx days and had to go to the hospital I would always throw a fit when they said they were cutting my gear off. It was always worth the extra pain of wiggling out of the gear. Unless he got ****ed up so bad they literally had no other option.

Idk how any of you feel comfortable in textile. I feel naked without leather.

Since we're all posting jackets...

Did you know HJC made a jacket? I didn't either til I found this on cl. It's surprisingly nice. Armor everywhere and a removable liner and vents and all that shiz. Holy **** it looks ridiculous though. Beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

Next on the list is leather pants. Jeans are sketchy but I'm broke. Once I've got those ill have a solid layer of protection going on. Preferably gonna buy some I can zip up to a jacket that l buy later down the road for a 2 piece suit.

Last edited by Milky Spore : 12-11-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:47 PM #1478
lowbudgethero
Boomer

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Spore View Post
Next on the list is leather pants. Jeans are sketchy but I'm broke. Once I've got those ill have a solid layer of protection going on. Preferably gonna buy some I can zip up to a jacket that l buy later down the road for a 2 piece suit.
if you're broke buy cordura jeans
Old 12-11-2012, 06:50 PM #1479
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Never heard of those hit ill look into em. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:58 PM #1480
carcrazycorey
Meow

carcrazycorey helped look for balloons
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Buddy of mine hit a car on his sv and broke both his wrists and his foot. His foot probably would have been fine if he wasn't wearing converses
Old 12-11-2012, 08:08 PM #1481
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Dropped my car off at the shop tonight. Gonna be a chilly 25* ride into work tomorrow.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:19 PM #1482
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Spore View Post
I woulda begged for them to not cut it off of me.
He was in no state to argue, he hit his head pretty hard. First thing I heard him say was "Is this really happening?"

He asked us like 3 times.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 PM #1483
xXinpayneXx
MW

Never hit my head in a crash.

*Knock on wood
Old 12-11-2012, 11:29 PM #1484
Diametunim

Diametunim owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Finals suck, want to go home and ride. That is all.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:37 PM #1485
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

I've only hit my head hard once. Also, this just happened:

Last edited by UglyDuckGizmo : 12-11-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:05 AM #1486
tex_mania
BSA Support

tex_mania plays in the PSP
tex_mania plays in the APPA D5 division
^I approve of this. wish my OL would let me bring mine in the apt, but we barely have enough space indoors as it is....

maybe after i dump her *** and move back south i can do something like this.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 AM #1487
teen
[]D [] []v[] []D

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
Dropped my car off at the shop tonight. Gonna be a chilly 25* ride into work tomorrow.
that sucks.. if i see frost on my neighbors roof i know its not an acceptable bike day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
I've only hit my head hard once. Also, this just happened:

is that in place of a christmas tree? lol.. looks cool either way
Old 12-12-2012, 09:06 AM #1488
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Hey that's a good idea. We don't have a Christmas tree. No room for one in our house really. However I do have my bike in my bedroom
Old 12-12-2012, 10:36 AM #1489
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by teen View Post
that sucks.. if i see frost on my neighbors roof i know its not an acceptable bike day.

is that in place of a christmas tree? lol.. looks cool either way
I don't mind riding if their is frost. Just need to dress for it and keep the throttle in check.

I like to commute on my bike as long as possible because there are two lights that traffic backs up for 3-4 cycles of the light, and I just filter all the way to the front on my bike.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:42 AM #1490
cynicalrider
robert paulson

My g/f won't even let the fiddy in the apt
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:45 AM #1491
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
My g/f won't even let the fiddy in the apt
That's when you put it in a closet and when she finds out be like, "oh **** how did that get there "

Systematic desensitization, she will eventually just not be bothered by it
Closed Thread