got those damn screws out this morning. ended up drilling the head off of the screw. turns out, somehow or other, the heads of the screws had binded with the bit of metal that holds the clutch lever on. i was gonna try to drill the screws out completely and re-tap them, because i ended up breaking two more screw extractors this morning. that should tell you what a pain in the *** those things were. anyway, once i drilled into them, the heads snapped off and the top piece was unthreaded. it slid off what was left of the screws and the screws themselves came right out.
finally starting to look like i may finish this....
still gotta do some work cleaning up and routing the wires. flipped the mirrors, too, im gonna try em this way for a bit...
while i was at it, i decided to put on a new air cleaner. bought a vo2 the other day, had decent reviews and looked pretty easy. it was. instructions werent very good, but compared to the bars, this only took like 15 minutes. i think it makes it look alot cleaner.
now i just need a cover for the air cleaner and some paint, and i'll be done changing **** til next winter, lol
actually, i lied.... im planning on doing a mod to a spare eyebrow (the fugly thing that holds the headlight) to see if i can clean that ugly thing up.... and i got a new seat on the way.... i think the engine guard stays one more year, tho.... i want to be a bit more sure that im not gonna drop it before i take those off.
this is what it looked like when i got it.