Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 07:22 PM #904
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDamnit View Post
Where at in NC are you located? I'm right on the KY/TN state line.
raleigh
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2012, 07:26 PM #905
MattDamnit
Anustart

Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
raleigh
I've been there for some C.F.O.A. events, beautiful place.
Don't Touch Me You Filthy Casual
Old 11-17-2012, 07:28 PM #906
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

i like it
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 11-17-2012, 07:37 PM #907
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
tonybhall supports our troops
Quote:
Where at in NC are you located? I'm right on the KY/TN state line.
I'm up in the Crossville/Knoxville area several times a year. My inlaws live in Crossville. I'll be there for Thanksgiving.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:38 PM #908
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Mercury View Post
You will love it more taking tight twisty corners on a light bike than oh straightaway! Pin it then as soon as a corner comes up slow down to a crawl
QFT.... If I lived in northeast TN, I'd buy a Ninja 300 and tear up some twisty roads.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:46 PM #909
MattDamnit
Anustart

Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
Well maybe if I do get this and get the hang on it we could all meet up. Several of my friends go to the dragons tail place or whatever alot.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:06 PM #910
enialator354
26izz0

Quote:
So how do you guys deal with road rage on a motorcycle? Just try to get away or stop and get off the bike when you can?
dont get mad. Most people arent out to get you they just dont see you. Every time someone merges into you just remind yourself they just didnt see you and let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post

Real world answer: go faster them.
Most acceptable answer: pull over and let them past

Seriously, don't let stupid driver moves get under your skin. It will happen and happen often. Do NOT be one of those retards like you see on YT who rides around with a chip on their shoulder smashing mirrors and pulling off and confronting people about simple driving mistakes they made. It makes the rest of us look bad.
solid piece of advice. Dont outrun all traffic but accelerate out of blindspots and try not to ride right next to people. Seems like common sense but if you drive a car you dont think about those kinds of things just starting on a bike.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:09 PM #911
MattDamnit
Anustart

Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
Man, I'm getting pretty excited. I really want that ninja... It's got me all gitty lol
Old 11-18-2012, 03:31 AM #912
Flyersfan707
Bo$$ hog

Annual Supporting Member
When my friend is lead the group and is riding like a dumb ***:

Old 11-18-2012, 08:37 AM #913
MattDamnit
Anustart

Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
So what are the best helmets and what is the best place to buy them?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:23 AM #914
leed

leed is a Moderator
Quote:
So what are the best helmets and what is the best place to buy them?
Try on as many helmets as you can in the store. A good helmet is a good fitting helmet. If it's at least DOT approved, you'll head will stay in pretty good shape in most accidents. If you can get a helmet that's tagged DOT and ECE or SHARP or SNELL-M2010, you'd be even better. Between them, there are many different ideas of protection, but they all will protect your head better than DOT.

What I usually do is try on helmets at the store, and then find what helmet and size fits best, and buy it online. Not so great for supporting local economy, but pretty good for saving some pocket burn. Keep in mind, different helmets have different shapes, so don't get stuck on the looks of one. Just as well, if you find a helmet that fits well in one size, try a size under. If you don't develop hotspots, go with the smaller size, as the foam padding will break in over time and the helmet will fit looser.

Quote:
So how do you guys deal with road rage on a motorcycle? Just try to get away or stop and get off the bike when you can?
On a motorcycle, you are defenseless. In most situations, it's usually best to let the crazy driver stay in front of you and develop some buffer between you so you can make time to react to poor judgement. It's much easier to do this with the driver in front of you than behind you. On top of that, yelling and screaming inside your helmet can be a good vent for it, haha.
Beyond that, I've never been run off the road on my motorcycle (on purpose), but I've had a guy step out of his handicap plate S2000 while on my bicycle. He then proceeded to ask me if I wanted to dance.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:30 AM #915
Stagger Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1epom6E_X8g[\video]
Honestly, I think that almost accident was caused in part by the car to his left, not that the car would be at fault in any way. He appears to be pushing into highway speeds, and I bet the buffeting of the wind helped give him a stiff push to the right.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:36 AM #916
xXinpayneXx
MW

That guy locked up period, I could have taken that turn twice as fast as he was going.

Best helmets are arai. But pick what fits your head best.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:47 AM #917
Liquid Mercury

Matt don't forget you need more than a helmet, you also need boots, gloves, jacket, and pants.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:55 AM #918
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
Honestly, I think that almost accident was caused in part by the car to his left, not that the car would be at fault in any way. He appears to be pushing into highway speeds, and I bet the buffeting of the wind helped give him a stiff push to the right.
The only part that car played was scaring the rider who then ran off the road. The car was driving in his lane at presumably the speed limit. The guy on the bike was going at or above 100.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:01 PM #919
Stagger Lee

I guess, but you can see the car for seconds as it comes around the bend, the car didn't exactly jump out of nowhere. Like I said, no doubt the biker was pushing it way too hard and you can hear his brake lock, I'm just relating this to when you pass a semi on the highway and feel the push. That would scare the **** out of me doing 100 while facing a car that's doing ~60.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:25 PM #920
MattDamnit
Anustart

Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Mercury View Post
Matt don't forget you need more than a helmet, you also need boots, gloves, jacket, and pants.
For sure

Do any of you ride to work, and if so what do you do with all the extra ****? I know gloves/jacket and helmet are easy to store somewhere but shoes and pants not so much..
Old 11-18-2012, 12:35 PM #921
xXinpayneXx
MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
I guess, but you can see the car for seconds as it comes around the bend, the car didn't exactly jump out of nowhere. Like I said, no doubt the biker was pushing it way too hard and you can hear his brake lock, I'm just relating this to when you pass a semi on the highway and feel the push. That would scare the **** out of me doing 100 while facing a car that's doing ~60.
Wind will never knock you over.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:50 PM #922
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
Quote:
For sure

Do any of you ride to work, and if so what do you do with all the extra <del>****</del>? I know gloves/jacket and helmet are easy to store somewhere but shoes and pants not so much..
I ride to work almost every day. As long as it's above 45 and not raining when I leave in the morning or above a 35% chance of rain around the time I get off.

I carry a change of shoes in my back pack. I carry all my gear to my office. Some people leave all their stuff on their bikes since we have a secure parking deck.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:02 PM #923
Stagger Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXinpayneXx View Post
Wind will never knock you over.
I'm quite aware. Perhaps I'm missing detail since I'm watching it on my phone, or my posts aren't worded clearly. Referring to the video, it looks like he **** his pants as he approached the car, locked his rear and went off the road. All I intended to say was that he probably felt the wind difference after he was already going off into the grass, not that it was related or contributed.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:14 PM #924
xXinpayneXx
MW

Probably someone that just doesn't know what they are doing.

Always always always always just throw it into the corner. he is lucky to make that jump and not eat ****.