Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 04:19 PM #883
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
tonybhall supports our troops
A friend of mine and his wife decided to start riding motorcycles. He got a 2012 Ninja 650 and she got a 2011 Ninja 250. He races a BMW in local club racing so he's used to speed and thought he'd be ok to start on the 650. But I talked him into starting on his wife's 250 and riding it for a while before he rode the 650.

He rode his wife's 250 everyday for 2 weeks. He said that after riding it he realized that the 250 would be more than he'd need for a while but since his wife needed to get some ride time in too, he started riding the 650 this week. He told me going 50 on either motorcycle scares him more than 150 in his car on a racetrack. Of course that will ware off quickly once he gets used to not having a cage around him.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2012, 04:22 PM #884
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Spore View Post
has this thread gone to <del>****</del> or something?

its been cold out guys! what are your solutions for keeping your hands warm? i've got leather gauntlet style gloves.
http://www.heatdemons.com/External-H...MTRR_p_36.html

I have these handlebar warmers. They work great. I also wear glove liners and sometimes even thick oversized leather gloves over my riding gloves.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:34 PM #885
Flyersfan707
Bo$$ hog

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
http://www.heatdemons.com/External-H...MTRR_p_36.html

I have these handlebar warmers. They work great. I also wear glove liners and sometimes even thick oversized leather gloves over my riding gloves.
I'll probably buy those for next spring as i can only imagine how antsy i will be wanting to get back on the road after winter gheyness.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:42 PM #886
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Spore View Post

its been cold out guys! what are your solutions for keeping your hands warm?
stay inside

also, textile winter gloves, hand guards, heated grips, or just give less ****s
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 11-17-2012, 05:09 PM #887
MattDamnit
Anustart

Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
I know I'm going to catch even more flak but, guy I shoot with is getting this for his KFX, he want's 3700 for it. 05 zx6r with 22k on it. New tires and yosh eliminator kit. Seems like a better deal than the 04 cbr.
Don't Touch Me You Filthy Casual
Old 11-17-2012, 05:13 PM #888
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
People are ****ing weird. Some guy followed me off the highway, down a fast multi lane road. I went through an intersection and turned left onto a side street, then left into a liquour store. The place has a HUGE parking lot, so I pulled right up to the crub so I could see my bike from outside, and there were like 3 cars in the whole lot.

The guy that was following me pulls up next to me as I'm taking my gear off. Passenger window rolled down, and put it's in park with me directly in line with his windows. I figured he had a "aren't you cold?" or "what kind of bike is that?" type of question lined up. Nope..... So after a minute or so of him just sitting there, I kind of bend over and ask him "can i help you?" he says "No, why?" and I'm like "you followed me off the highway, into here and park a foot and a half away from me with your passenger window down. Thought maybe you needed to say something to me". He goes "Nope, just parking. G/f went into the store." All while I'm giving him a "you can't be serious" look.

****ing guy goes past a gigantic empty parking lot and parks so close to me I could have kicked his mirror off swinging my leg over.

Last edited by automagwarrior : 11-17-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:17 PM #889
MattDamnit
Anustart

Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
So how do you guys deal with road rage on a motorcycle? Just try to get away or stop and get off the bike when you can?
Old 11-17-2012, 05:18 PM #890
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
People are crazy.

So Tuesday I'm getting paid to ride all day. My work is having me visit every medical licensing board in the state to pick up a roster of renewed licenses. I'll be visiting 9 different places located in 5 different cities all over the state.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:25 PM #891
automagwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
People are crazy.

So Tuesday I'm getting paid to ride all day. My work is having me visit every medical licensing board in the state to pick up a roster of renewed licenses. I'll be visiting 9 different places located in 5 different cities all over the state.
That is a great feeling. Ocassionly when my days off fall on a holiday, I'll be getting paid to ride. A few times it's even been double time, since I took a vacation day on a paid federal holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDamnit View Post
So how do you guys deal with road rage on a motorcycle? Just try to get away or stop and get off the bike when you can?
Real world answer: go faster them.
Most acceptable answer: pull over and let them past

Seriously, don't let stupid driver moves get under your skin. It will happen and happen often. Do NOT be one of those retards like you see on YT who rides around with a chip on their shoulder smashing mirrors and pulling off and confronting people about simple driving mistakes they made. It makes the rest of us look bad.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:28 PM #892
MattDamnit
Anustart

Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
I personally try to avoid conflict no matter what as a person who carries a firearm... You can't really instigate or push the envelope. I just wondered if anyone has ever had someone try to run them off the road or down or something like that.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:35 PM #893
automagwarrior

In 5 years of street riding, no I haven't.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:17 PM #894
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
Quote:
I personally try to avoid conflict no matter what as a person who carries a firearm... You can't really instigate or push the envelope. I just wondered if anyone has ever had someone try to run them off the road or down or something like that.
Not on purpose. But I've had a couple of people make such bad decisions and nearly run me over that it almost looked intentional. But they were just completely oblivious and unaware that they aren't the only people on the planet.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:19 PM #895
MattDamnit
Anustart

Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
That's a big thing everyone tells me. It goes with driving in general but they say it's not if you'll wreck but when some ******* or texting teen will cause an accident.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:27 PM #896
automagwarrior

you need to anticipate every. single. stupid. ****ing. move that a driver could make. It takes a while to develop this train of though. hence why we strongly do not recommend a bike with dual radial mounted 4 piston brembo brakes.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:49 PM #897
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

i still dont see brakes as the problem.

i also dont agree that the most likely cause of an accident is a car. statistics show its usually some kid on a gixxer rundning out of road.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 11-17-2012, 06:50 PM #898
MattDamnit
Anustart

Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
i still dont see brakes as the problem.

i also dont agree that the most likely cause of an accident is a car. statistics show its usually some kid on a gixxer rundning out of road.
Source?
Old 11-17-2012, 07:08 PM #899
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

my ***

however, im right in about 25% of cases, which is a lot

Old 11-17-2012, 07:11 PM #900
MattDamnit
Anustart

Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
Where at in NC are you located? I'm right on the KY/TN state line.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:12 PM #901
automagwarrior

Quote:
Source?
Old 11-17-2012, 07:16 PM #902
MattDamnit
Anustart

Annual Supporting Member
MattDamnit is Legendary
MattDamnit is Boss
Nice lol

I love to drive. I honestly get great enjoyment from just being on the road. I can only imagine that I would love being on a motorcycle as much.

Last edited by MattDamnit : 11-17-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:19 PM #903
Liquid Mercury

Quote:
Saw that ninja edit

I love to drive. I honestly get great enjoyment from just being on the road. I can only imagine that I would love being on a motorcycle as much.
You will love it more taking tight twisty corners on a light bike than oh straightaway! Pin it then as soon as a corner comes up slow down to a crawl
Closed Thread