Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM #337
automagwarrior

has been a member for 10 years
automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
whatever it is you're talking about I need to be in on it NOW!!!
send your email to ski one two one five at gmail dot com and ill see if I can send you an invite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Spore View Post
the hop yard was excellent, but the back roads i spend most of my time on it's rare to see a sign.
I spend many, many a day in western mass, upstate NY, VT, and NH and even 90% of backroads have signage. Maybe not a sign to tell you about every turn, but at least street signs and crosstraffic signs.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2012, 10:32 PM #338
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
tonybhall supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballler2269 View Post

I suggest starting the video at 7 minutes. It really cracked me up. Towards the end, he says "I don't know if i've got tears in my eyes from the wind or the amazing time i'm having."

Edit - 7:12 helps me understand the jump from a 250 to a 600
That was a good video. Does a great job of demonstrating just how powerful and fast a 600 SS motorcycle is. And, it also does a good job showing why most people probably shouldn't have one. And his advice to run out and buy one as soon as you get bored with your 250 was just about the worst advice ever.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:33 PM #339
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

then you're not on the same roads i am.

how late do you plan on riding into the season with the new ride? IIRC, we were with snow on the ground last year, correct?

in other news i am completely sick of driving my truck. 15 MPG sucks. i also got pulled over tonight for the exhaust being too loud, when it's well below the legal limit and the thrush muffler was all i could afford to replace my torn/rotted off exhaust with. the cop didn't cite me, but damn it's annoying getting pulled over.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:40 PM #340
automagwarrior

I'll be riding till there's snow on the ground. When it rains I ride my ninja and when it's nice out ill take the trumpet. I'd hit you up to ride more but its usually very impromtu thanks to my **** work schedule.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:47 PM #341
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm4bala View Post
Got the bike all cleaned up, trying to ride all I can before it starts getting cold down here.

Freaking beautiful.

But how does it get cold in Austin?
Old 10-22-2012, 10:52 PM #342
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
I'll be riding till there's snow on the ground. When it rains I ride my ninja and when it's nice out ill take the trumpet. I'd hit you up to ride more but its usually very impromtu thanks to my **** work schedule.
my work schedule sucks too. i get out every day just in time for rush hour traffic. i prefer to stay as far from the cages as i can. with the traffic it takes too long to get to the roads i like to ride because by the time i get to them it's getting dark, which isn't that huge of a deal during summer, but it's getting brick outside and my tires are noticing. weekend mornings is about it, but i don't really like being woken up early on weekend mornings.

so that's brand new eh!? you'll have to tell me about it next time we do get a chance to go ride. looks mighty fancy and shiny.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:55 PM #343
automagwarrior

Only thing I do during the week is commute or run errands with my backpack. IMO it's just too frustrating to go out and try to find un-congested roads after 4pm when I get out. I know where they are but most of the time it just takes too dam long to get there.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:01 PM #344
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

haha, well, it makes me feel better i'm not the only one with this problem.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:23 AM #345
tex_mania
BSA Support

tex_mania plays in the PSP
tex_mania owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tex_mania plays in the APPA D4 division
My work schedule makes riding a pita too.... 2-10 in the evening. Been great weather for it if i was off, especially cause this past weekend was supposed to be the peak weekend for the fall foliage in the Hudson valley. But I've just been working, very little riding.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:30 AM #346
automagwarrior

Where are you in Hudson valley? That makes quite a bit of us up here. Milk and I are practically neighbors. One guy is from Poughkeepsie and cynical is from northern jersey.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:12 AM #347
cynicalrider
robert paulson

cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
cynicalrider is for the Gunfight
cynicalrider supports Pev's Paintball
Yeah I go into bum**** pennsyltucky and they all have signage lol
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:47 AM #348
Dm4bala
RayWinston420

Quote:
Originally Posted by AABanned View Post
Freaking beautiful.

But how does it get cold in Austin?

It gets pretty cold sometimes, maybe Im just a *****.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:52 AM #349
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dm4bala View Post
It gets pretty cold sometimes, maybe Im just a *****.
That.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:23 AM #350
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Man going 20mph in a 45 on a scooter downhill today, why would you go out on the road if you're not comfortable at all on two wheels.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:08 AM #351
tex_mania
BSA Support

tex_mania plays in the PSP
tex_mania plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
Where are you in Hudson valley? That makes quite a bit of us up here. Milk and I are practically neighbors. One guy is from Poughkeepsie and cynical is from northern jersey.
new paltz, ny. basically, the other side of the river from poughkeepsie.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:51 AM #352
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

i almost ran over a scooter rider last night who was riding down the wrong side of the road, wearing dark clothes, no street lights around and his scooter had lights on it, but none of them worked. people are out of their ****ing minds.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:57 AM #353
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Wow, even on a bicycle I strapped a flashlight and had a blinking tail light, and was still riding on fairly well lit streets.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:59 AM #354
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worr, the wee tot. View Post
To add to the discussion of stupid humans, hopefully this little incident will help influence everyone on the street to ride with even more caution and awareness, and constantly check your mirrors at stops. I was rear-ended in my GTI on Friday, never saw it coming. The girl that hit me had to go to the hospital with back/neck/face damage. She was doing 25, I was at the bottom of the hill around a curve stuck at a red light, and she wasn't paying attention (probably on the phone). My car will take about $3k to fix (mostly cosmetic), I can't twist my neck and have a lot of new pain in my back. Had I taken my bike that morning, I'd be in really bad shape, maybe dead because the intersection was active. I love riding on that road because it's full of hills, twisty, and only a couple of lights through several miles, but now I'll probably stay away.
I had a so many close calls from people doing stupid stuff in cars and as bicyclists and pedestrians like that on my way to work in the princeton area, I had no problems until I start getting into the town. Too many college kids not thinking about driving.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:20 PM #355
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudgethero View Post
Wow, even on a bicycle I strapped a flashlight and had a blinking tail light, and was still riding on fairly well lit streets.
it was in an area full of dumb ****s with no brains. looked like a college kid. for higher education, college kids sure are ****ing dumb at times.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:02 PM #356
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
That was a good video. Does a great job of demonstrating just how powerful and fast a 600 SS motorcycle is. And, it also does a good job showing why most people probably shouldn't have one. And his advice to run out and buy one as soon as you get bored with your 250 was just about the worst advice ever.
my favorite part was when he's all like "WHOAAOAOAOAAOOOOOOOOO"

and has yet to break 9k RPMs
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 10-23-2012, 03:09 PM #357
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
my favorite part was when he's all like "WHOAAOAOAOAAOOOOOOOOO"

and has yet to break 9k RPMs
first time i got on a 600 gixxer I pretty much did the same thing from about 7K to 12K
Closed Thread