automagwarrior

has been a member for 10 years
automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ah f that. thats what i figured.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:55 PM #275
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

there's not a lot to be gained from a ninja 250 lol

kevin, i will probably be headed up into VA a bit this sunday.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 10-19-2012, 11:20 PM #276
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
i have a muzzy system milky
for a pre gen?
Old 10-20-2012, 08:34 AM #277
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

yep. i have dynojet needles as well.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
Old 10-20-2012, 04:45 PM #278
I OWN ALL
wtf

So a scooter gave me the wave. What would be your response?

edit* ah crap"
Old 10-20-2012, 06:54 PM #279
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by I OWN ALL View Post
Not be a stupid **** and either not wave, or wave back? Yeah... that sounds like a good idea. No matter how much you try you don't look cool on a motorcycle and you're no better than the guy on the scooter. Shut up and ride.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:20 PM #280
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I OWN ALL View Post
clearly, you should get a bazooka and blow his *** up for him being such a punk *****.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:59 PM #281
automagwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanbuckhunter View Post
Not be a stupid **** and either not wave, or wave back? Yeah... that sounds like a good idea. No matter how much you try you don't look cool on a motorcycle and you're no better than the guy on the scooter. Shut up and ride.
I wouldn't have put it like that, but yeah just wave back.

Worked 8-8 today, it was so dam nice out when I left I just rode around for 50 miles. Its such a nice fall night out.

Last edited by automagwarrior : 10-20-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:05 PM #282
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
I ignore scooters...
Old 10-20-2012, 09:25 PM #283
AABanned

AABanned is playing at Living Legends VI
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AABanned owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
AABanned supports Pev's Paintball
AABanned has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
I ignore scooters...
What's your take on mopeds?
Old 10-20-2012, 09:26 PM #284
binaryterror
Static?

binaryterror is a Supporting Member
i used to love waving to scooters. i had mad respect for those people because they don't give a **** about what anybody thinks. they ride it because they want to and that's the end of it.

so wave to them.

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-20-2012, 09:32 PM #285
automagwarrior

agreed. and it really is 10x more dangerous than a motorcycle.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:33 PM #286
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
if you are going to ride a motorized machine with 2 wheels... get a motorcycle... anything else gets ignored from me...
Old 10-20-2012, 10:28 PM #287
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

trikes? i don't count 'em.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:54 PM #288
automagwarrior

They're just out there having fun. A lot of people I've met on trikes were lifelong riders that switched over due to an injury or aging. They get a wave from me as well.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:32 AM #289
binaryterror
Static?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
if you are going to ride a motorized machine with 2 wheels... get a motorcycle... anything else gets ignored from me...
lol well aren't you the elitist prick. i think a scooter would be fun as hell.

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-21-2012, 09:52 AM #290
pballler2269

pballler2269 helped look for balloons
Figured this would be a solid time to ask since it doesn't look like anything else is being discussed. I'm going to purchase a bike next spring. I've already came to the conclusion that my first bike isn't going to be a gixxer750 or an R1. So basically:

Ninja 250r vs SV650S for your first bike?

Old 10-21-2012, 10:02 AM #291
Worr, the wee tot. (Banned)
WTF am I reading?!

Scooters are fun as hell and a whole different experience. My brother has a Chinese 149cc, I think he paid $800 2 years ago. He takes around the city and to work, it does an easy 40mph with me (190lbs), but my brother says he's pushed it to almost 60 down a steep hill... I'm scared to go that fast on it. It's scarier than riding a motorcycle because you're not as in control and you feel a lot more of the road. On a motorcycle, you're wrapped around the bike with your thighs. On a scooter, you're on a small seat with nothing to grip with your legs when you lean it through turns. You also don't have the same gyroscopic benefit, it doesn't pull itself upright nearly as hard as my bike does.

Aside from the fun and added feeling of danger, it's light and quick. Great on gas, most people don't even tag them, you can park it up on the curb, it's got enough space under the seat to buy some groceries or beer, automatic tranny, etc.

edit: In short, I wave to scooters because they're having just as much fun and are in just as much danger as I am, except they can't throttle out of a tight situation and have to ride even more cautiously.

Last edited by Worr, the wee tot. : 10-21-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:34 AM #292
binaryterror
Static?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballler2269 View Post
Figured this would be a solid time to ask since it doesn't look like anything else is being discussed. I'm going to purchase a bike next spring. I've already came to the conclusion that my first bike isn't going to be a gixxer750 or an R1. So basically:

Ninja 250r vs SV650S for your first bike?

SV650 is my opinion. I have owned both and the 250, while fun, is a bit slow and you will grow bored of it as I did. The 650 has plenty of power and feels more like a "real" motorcycle rather than a small toy kind of thing.

Don't get me wrong, a 250 is plenty fun, but the SV will last you longer as your skills and confidence progresses.

That is my .02 cents.

And Worr, I agree with everything you said. I have more to add about people who don't wave to scooters, but I will hold off in the interest of avoiding a flame war.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:15 AM #293
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
SV650 is my opinion. I have owned both and the 250, while fun, is a bit slow and you will grow bored of it as I did. The 650 has plenty of power and feels more like a "real" motorcycle rather than a small toy kind of thing.

Don't get me wrong, a 250 is plenty fun, but the SV will last you longer as your skills and confidence progresses.

That is my .02 cents.

And Worr, I agree with everything you said. I have more to add about people who don't wave to scooters, but I will hold off in the interest of avoiding a flame war.
Meh, my thought process is the opposite. A Ninja 250 can easily do speeds that are going to get you arrested on the spot on most roads. I like to twist throttles, doing so on an SV650 would only land someone like me into more trouble. If it feels slow it's because you're not keeping it at a steady 11k-12.5k RPM or the road you're on doesn't have enough turns. There is no point to the power if you cannot use it. I'm not really sure if I'd trust an SV to a brand new rider either. To someone with some experience on MX bikes, sure. To a green horn? Nah. The SV still has enough power and brakes to where someone with whiskey throttle can still plow through a fence and then plant their face into the ground by grabbing too much front. I've seen people screw up a lot worse on motorcycles a lot smaller and docile than a Ninja 250.

However, you should get the bike that you feel is right. It sounds like you've got a good idea in your head on choosing a good first bike.

Last edited by Milky Spore : 10-21-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:32 AM #294
automagwarrior

Karl- not to downplay what you said but 62hp really isn't a scary amount of power. It can be if your riding like an *******, but it's fine to start with.

The 250 outright lacks the ability to quickly and safely pass cars. That's the only thing I don't like about it. It does alright around 40 and 50, but when someone is doing 50 and I want to be doing 65 you really need the same amount of space that a car does, and you need to plan carefully. You can't just zip around people like a bigger bike could.

I took mine out on 57 last night. Throttle cracked wide open, in a full tuck, nearly bouncing off the rev limiter and I was doing like 95.
Closed Thread