Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-12-2012, 05:54 PM #1
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

KINGKILLA21 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KINGKILLA21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Been a while, in need of some help

Alright guys so after a knee injury and nowhere in my town filling hpa only co2 I gave up on the sport, now my knee is all better and there's a place in my town that finally has hpa, anyways I won't be playing speed ball or anything anymore just mostly woods ball with friends and sometimes going to courses, I need equipment I whist bought a jt mask for 30 it's fog resistant and I was thinking a spyder fenix 2012, some kind of cheap motor loader and a normal hpa tank? Way do you guys think is there a better more reliable gun for around the same price? (170) thanks guys!

Sickest spyder rs around!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3892297

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
KINGKILLA21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2012, 06:11 PM #2
Zethis
NJ & NY

Zethis has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zethis has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Azodin Blitz - $170
Autococker threaded
Twist lock feedneck

Spyder Fenix - $150
Spyder threaded
Clamping feedneck
Eko valve gives you more shots per tank

Does your JT mask have a thermal lens? If not, you might want to try and return it and get a 30 dollar invert helix with thermal lens.

ANSgear is having a sale on 68/4500 tanks right now $115.

Viewloader revolution force is $30 new or you can get a used halo b, halo too for around $30-$50

You might also want to look into an Azodin Kaos, it's only $90 which will let you put the money towards a better mask, the 68/4500 tank, hopper, 14" J&J/CP barrel. Those 4 things are more important than the gun itself IMO.

Last edited by Zethis : 10-12-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Zethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:29 PM #3
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

i dont plan on upgrading it at all, i just want to know which one would be the best out of the box for reliability lol

You air up your marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed that test, that your girlfriend broke up with you, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours,... this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. play it.. Paintball.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig
Old 10-12-2012, 06:43 PM #4
Zethis
NJ & NY

All 3 are very reliable from all the reviews I've been reading.

You don't have to upgrade a lot, but a $30 14" J&J ceramic or CP 1 piece barrel is going to make a pretty big difference to your range and accuracy. And since you don't plan on playing speedball, an Azodin Kaos with a cheap barrel upgrade and cheap electric loader will give you range, accuracy, easy maintenance, and still able to shoot 5-10 bps for a semi-auto gun.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:08 PM #5
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

yeah thats true! my friend actually just gave me a viewloader orion gun mechanical no eyes nothing and a gravity hopper for free, so for a month or so i think ill use this ****ty *** setup lol it probably chops so much paint though, it has a spyder barrel? anyways i will go see if my local shop has azodin

Old 10-12-2012, 07:10 PM #6
Zethis
NJ & NY

1 thing i forgot to mention, the azodin blitz has a macroline while the kaos and fenix both have steel braided hose so never ever use CO2 with the blitz unless you replace the macroline with steel braided hose.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 PM #7
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
Gog envy. Its a great gun. It can run on either hpa or co2. It has many great features like a low force anti chop bolt (which really does work) so eyes arent needed. The stock board shoots 11bps and has many modes. It has a great regulator and its made of durable materials. It costs 200$ brand new. But you can find them for much cheaper on ebay.

edit: also, if your looking for a reliable mech gun, GoG is coming out with a new gun called the enemy. Its basically the same as the envy but its a mech. It still utilizes the spool valve, same reg, etc. etc.
Best part is, it only costs 130$ ! And you can upgrade it to electro in the future if you want.

Last edited by Danny96211 : 10-12-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:37 PM #8
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny96211 View Post
Gog envy. Its a great gun. It can run on either hpa or co2. It has many great features like a low force anti chop bolt (which really does work) so eyes arent needed. The stock board shoots 11bps and has many modes. It has a great regulator and its made of durable materials. It costs 200$ brand new. But you can find them for much cheaper on ebay.

edit: also, if your looking for a reliable mech gun, GoG is coming out with a new gun called the enemy. Its basically the same as the envy but its a mech. It still utilizes the spool valve, same reg, etc. etc.
Best part is, it only costs 130$ ! And you can upgrade it to electro in the future if you want.
i actually want an electric lol im only using a mech because it was free, and i like having a gun with eyes i dont know just seems like it would work better? anyways what i was thinking was use my current sh!tty setup but eventually get an electric hopper and an hpa tank, then upgrade the gun? i mean im only going to be using it for woodsball with friends, no speedball or anything otherwise i would be looking at dye or proto.. if i could i would keep this gun and just upgrade the barrel but im almost positive it will chop paint like no tomo

Old 10-12-2012, 11:38 PM #9
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

does anyone have any tips or tricks to help with a mech gun not chop so much?

Old 10-13-2012, 12:20 AM #10
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGKILLA21 View Post
It's all about the hopper. Just because it's not electric doesn't mean it won't benefit from a good hopper. In fact, since it doesn't have eyes the hopper is even more important.

I generally run a force feed hopper on my mech blowbacks. I've been known to outrun a simple agitating hopper when really hammering on the trigger.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:58 AM #11
Zethis
NJ & NY

Quote:
i actually want an electric lol im only using a mech because it was free, and i like having a gun with eyes i dont know just seems like it would work better? anyways what i was thinking was use my current sh!tty setup but eventually get an electric hopper and an hpa tank, then upgrade the gun? i mean im only going to be using it for woodsball with friends, no speedball or anything otherwise i would be looking at dye or proto.. if i could i would keep this gun and just upgrade the barrel but im almost positive it will chop paint like no tomo
Blitz and Fenix both have eyes. Fenix has a clamping feedneck and steel braided hose standard and is $20 cheaper, but the Blitz has autococker threads.

Quote:
1. Pause between shots.
2. Use fresh paintballs and/or higher quality paintballs
Old 10-13-2012, 01:02 AM #12
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

i think ill go with the blitz after all and okay thanks alot guys, because for right now i wanna have fun with my buddies and not chop paint the whole time lol sadly im using a gravity feed haha

Old 10-13-2012, 01:04 AM #13
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

also will the fog resistant goggles be fine?

Old 10-13-2012, 01:14 AM #14
Zethis
NJ & NY

Quote:
also will the fog resistant goggles be fine?
If it doesn't say it has a thermal lens, it will fog up no matter what. Even if you use anti-fog spray, it'll fog up eventually.

Anti-fog, fog-resistant, thermal-cured are not the same as a thermal lens (dual paned).

Like I said before, if you can, return those goggles and get a 30 dollar invert helix with thermal lens.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:32 AM #15
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

okay ill try and go do that tomorrow! also if me and my friends are just playing in the woods should we be concerned sabout the velocity of the guns?

Old 10-13-2012, 01:56 AM #16
Zethis
NJ & NY

Quote:
okay ill try and go do that tomorrow! also if me and my friends are just playing in the woods should we be concerned sabout the velocity of the guns?
Depending how hard the paintballs are, anything higher than 300 FPS and you risk injuring others and possibly shattering the lens on goggles. Most woodsball fields limit to ~280 FPS.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:03 AM #17
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

right now we dont have a way of knowing the fps... so pretty much the fps is stock.. i could try and find a chrono but that might not work lol

Old 10-13-2012, 02:17 AM #18
Zethis
NJ & NY

Quote:
right now we dont have a way of knowing the fps... so pretty much the fps is stock.. i could try and find a chrono but that might not work lol
Well.... you could always have 1 of ur friends stand 100 feet away and shoot him and ask him how much it hurts. lol
Old 10-13-2012, 10:18 AM #19
Mark4104

Mark4104 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Mark4104 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mark4104 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
you can a used g3 for that price with a hpa tank

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...618&highlight=
Mark4104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:39 AM #20
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
The blitz isnt a bad choice but i would definitely spend the extra few $ for the envy. Yea it doesnt have eyes, but there is no need for them. The gun runs at low pressure (160-200psi) and its almost impossible to chop paint in it. If the bolt hits a paintball that isnt fully in the breach yet, it just bounces back and doesnt break the paintball. I have used a gravity loader on my envy before and even at high rates of fire, i have gotten no chops. The gun is also very reliable and has the bolt out back so cleaning/relubing takes just a minute to do.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:43 AM #21
KINGKILLA21
YaKnOwWhOeH

Okay I'm going to my paint shop today I'll see if they have any