Community Focus

Old 09-30-2012, 06:56 PM #64
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
Just wanted to quote this to show the opposite of pro life. Hint: its not being pro choice.
Right...and who cares? Again its not like it affects your life in any way, shape, or form if some woman wants to go get an abortion. For that matter it won't harm the world, won't change the timeline, won't end the universe...its pretty much a null moment.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche

Last edited by Overbear : 09-30-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2012, 07:00 PM #65
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Right...and who cares? Again its not like it affects your life in any way, shape, or form if some woman wants to go get an abortion. For that matter it won't harm the world, won't change the timeline, won't end the universe...its pretty much a null moment.
The point I was trying to make is that the opposite of pro life, in which no unwanted babies can be aborted, is a pro abortion stance in which all unwanted babies MUST be aborted.

Both stances are extremist and unreasonable.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:14 PM #66
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I used the word genesis, but you can get over yourself.

Not that I was involved in this little bit, but yes I can and have had to. The word is responsibility. Responsible people do this thing called saving.

It helps if you read this in hank's voice.
Oh I understand, there should always be some planning involved. But this caught you at a really bad time, and you just don't think you can take car of it. (and you really don't want to, for that matter)

The point I'm making is there are situations where having a kid is just entirely unpractical, leaving very few happy outcomes for the child. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather be aborted than live a life of feeling like nobody wants me, getting horrible education, probably never getting adopted and being practically forced to work low end jobs my entire life because I had no money, no nothing to go to college/no experience to do anything in life.

This is coming from someone who plans to adopt instead of having a natural born.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:26 PM #67
Maxpow999

I love having a child while still in my 20's. The "responsible" thing is when you make a child, you take excellent care of it and give it the most attention you can possibly.

Having a child is great in your 20's you get to play with your toys, you are full of energy so you can keep up with the little guys, and you get to grow old with your children when you have them young. I want to see his whole life and I will be much more likely to see it if I have offspring at a young age. Plus I think the baby making goo is probably in its prime during this age, as is the female partners uterus.

Its irresponsible to get an abortion in this day and age. Plan B is readily available, as is birth control. All you have to do to not have kids, and never use a condom is get a IUD. 5 years of no babies.
"Throughout the 20th century, the Republican Party benefited from a non-interventionist foreign policy. Think of how Eisenhower came in to stop the Korean War. Think of how Nixon was elected to stop the mess in Vietnam." - Ron Paul
Maxpow999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 PM #68
sucka T.

everyone wants to ****ing ***** and moan about the economy, but nobody wants to support a job industry. Yes abortion clinics create jobs. Its not irresponsible to get an abortion. Birth control is birthcontrol. Killing a embryo is no worse then killing a cow and eating its meat, or hunting.

ThreadSavers®

http://www.ohnoes.org/

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891102
sucka T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:53 PM #69
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
The point I was trying to make is that the opposite of pro life, in which no unwanted babies can be aborted, is a pro abortion stance in which all unwanted babies MUST be aborted.

Both stances are extremist and unreasonable.
I fail to see how its anything but resonable:

1)It solves the overpopulation problems
2)It clearly fixes science in place and puts dogma/religious views out on its ear
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:32 PM #70
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I fail to see how its anything but resonable:

1)It solves the overpopulation problems
2)It clearly fixes science in place and puts dogma/religious views out on its ear
Please stop talking about science. You are an uneducated and intolerant man who hides behind "science" in an attempt to justify his hatred and insane world view. You are an unreasonable person who treats science like his religion, and use it in the exact same way as the people you hate.

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:56 PM #71
SevenGold-IV
Just the Tipp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucka T. View Post
Killing a embryo is no worse then killing a cow and eating its meat, or hunting.
I cannot read garbage like this and not be disgusted. If you cannot stomach the thought of taking a human life then don't have an abortion. If you kill a toddler or a zygote or an old man it doesn't matter; you killed a human being. And the reason murder is illegal in all civilized nations is because human lives have more value than cows.At least overbears stance on abortion is backed by a general disregard for human life. Yours is born out of pure ignorance and flawed logic.

And about your job industry comment: we should all support murderers for keeping the police department around and saving jobs. Yes murderers create jobs. Forget the value of human life- we're no better than cows. After all, think of the economy!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:08 PM #72
sucka T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenGold-IV View Post
I cannot read garbage like this and not be disgusted. If you cannot stomach the thought of taking a human life then don't have an abortion. If you kill a toddler or a zygote or an old man it doesn't matter; you killed a human being. And the reason murder is illegal in all civilized nations is because human lives have more value than cows. At least overbears stance on abortion is backed by a general disregard for human life. Yours is born out of pure ignorance and flawed logic.

And about your job industry comment: we should all support murderers for keeping the police department around and saving jobs. Yes murderers create jobs. Forget the value of human life- we're no better than cows. After all, think of the economy!

Really? You think that is why murder is illegal? And you call me ignorant?

No. At least my opinion is consistant. The opinion i have been saying is that the killing of insignificant life is justified when its not wanted.

Ex. Human embryo. Cow. Chicken. I dont care if any of them are killed. The fact you would be willing to kill a grown cow compared to a small human embryo with no brain function is simply inconsistant. Not my opinion.

A human has every right to decide if it wants to give birth or not. If you have the option to give birth then you have the option to prevent birth. Once it comes out of the womb and is breathing, then you cant kill it anymore (because that is killing a living breathing human). Abortion does not kill a living breathing human, nor anything even close to a human, just potential of life.

Dont ****ing call me ignorant because i have an opinion on abortion. I dont believe killing a zygote is murder, how does that make me ignorant or have flawed logic? Dont be a douche.

Police would still exist without murderers. The difference between murderers, and an abortion clinic, is one commits murder, the other vacuums out a couple of cells from a womans vagina

ThreadSavers®

Last edited by sucka T. : 09-30-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:29 PM #73
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

Sucka, you need to learn to say everything you need to say in one post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
Definition of murder:

Definition of human:

A decent discussion on yahoo answers about it.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1111247AAYJUbt

Murder is defined as killing a human. A human is defined as someone who can think, speak, etc. and a baby can barely do any of those. Especially at only a few weeks.

In other words, kill the bastards before they end up being born and have ****ty lives. There are plenty enough orphans in this world already. Why add more? **** giving someone a poor hand of cards. I'd rather have been aborted that have been born by some 16 year old whore who gave me up for adoption and I spent my whole life being a little angsty *****.
Quote:
I cannot read garbage like this and not be disgusted. If you cannot stomach the thought of taking a human life then don't have an abortion. If you kill a toddler or a zygote or an old man it doesn't matter; you killed a human being. And the reason murder is illegal in all civilized nations is because human lives have more value than cows.At least overbears stance on abortion is backed by a general disregard for human life. Yours is born out of pure ignorance and flawed logic.

Refer to my quoted post about why abortion is not killing a human being. It is killing an embryo, a group of growing, splitting, evolving cells that are far from being considered a human. This is as much murder as cumming into a tissue.

Do you think that "baby" feels being killed? Do you think it cares? Is it missing out on anything? Come on, there's more people in this world than we know what to do with. One lass life form sucking resources is not going to cause either of us any harm. If you don't agree with it, fine, don't get an abortion. But some people need to, they want to because they know they won't take care of the kid properly, that it's dangerous, that maybe they just ****ed up. Fine. It's their choice, not yours.

However, if you are going to purely be a, "You ****ed up. Suffer the consequences" person, then I expect you to not take welfare when/if you lose a job. I expect you to not ask mommy and daddy for money when/if you hit a rut and just need a little help. I expect you to never ask favors from others in tough times because you ****ed up, you should live with that you did.

Also, can you give me one logical reason as to why cows are inferior to humans?

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:29 PM #74
SevenGold-IV
Just the Tipp

Quote:
The opinion i have been saying is that the killing of insignificant life is justified when its not wanted.
Insignificant life? You mean like the Jews in Nazi Germany?

Quote:
Ex. Human embryo. Cow. Chicken. I dont care if any of them are killed. The fact you would be willing to kill a grown cow compared to a small human embryo with no brain function is simply inconsistant and ignorant. Not my opinion.
I don't care if you are killed. Does that mean I support murder? No. Brain function has nothing to do with it. You cant kill a person in a vegetative state-that's murder. Science tells us that after fertilization the sperm and the egg cease to exist and, unless something stops it, a human being begins to grow. If you think human beings have a right to life, how can you support abortion?

Quote:
A human has every right to decide if it wants to give birth or not. If you have the option to give birth then you have the option to prevent birth (create "death"). Once it comes out of the womb and is breathing, then you cant kill it anymore.
I have free will, but that does not mean society will tolerate me choosing to kill another human being. Birth is no different than your 50'th birthday. Time and experience are the only things separating a newborn from an old man.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:36 PM #75
F1VENOM

Newborns can walk, talk and hold their head up?
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:36 PM #76
sucka T.

Quote:
Insignificant life? You mean like the Jews in Nazi Germany?

really? you are comparing killing an embryo to the holocaust? and you call me ignorant?

ThreadSavers®

Old 09-30-2012, 11:37 PM #77
LOL Renegade

Quote:
For that matter it won't harm the world, won't change the timeline, won't end the universe...its pretty much a null moment.
Same exact thing could be said for the systematic murder of homosexuals. In fact, it would make the world even better.

You're a ****ing hypocritical piece of **** if you disagree.
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:38 PM #78
SevenGold-IV
Just the Tipp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
Refer to my quoted post about why abortion is not killing a human being. It is killing an embryo, a group of growing, splitting, evolving cells that are far from being considered a human. This is as much murder as cumming into a tissue.
At conception, all of us began to grow into what we are today. How does that not make sense to you?

Quote:
Do you think that "baby" feels being killed? Do you think it cares? Is it missing out on anything? Come on, there's more people in this world than we know what to do with. One lass life form sucking resources is not going to cause either of us any harm. If you don't agree with it, fine, don't get an abortion. But some people need to, they want to because they know they won't take care of the kid properly, that it's dangerous, that maybe they just ****ed up. Fine. It's their choice, not yours.
Where did I make a statement about the utility of human life? I dont care how worthless an aborted kids life would have been. It doesnt change the fact that it was indeed a human life.

Quote:
However, if you are going to purely be a, "You ****ed up. Suffer the consequences" person, then I expect you to not take welfare when/if you lose a job. I expect you to not ask mommy and daddy for money when/if you hit a rut and just need a little help. I expect you to never ask favors from others in tough times because you ****ed up, you should live with that you did.
Very irrelevant. My problem with abortion is not welfare. In fact its not even so much a problem with abortion: its the logical gymnastics abortion supporters do to justify their position. Either you support terminating a pregnancy or not. Whatever the reason for doing so, you are killing a human being. People should at least be able to be honest about it before taking a side.

Quote:
Also, can you give me one logical reason as to why cows are inferior to humans?
Cows are lower on the food chain. Cows had as much time to evolve as me, and they arent the ones with cattle prods and rifles are they?
Old 09-30-2012, 11:39 PM #79
sucka T.

Quote:
Time and experience are the only things separating a newborn from an old man.
right, i am not debating between a newborn and an old man, im debating between an embryo and a newborn

ThreadSavers®

Old 09-30-2012, 11:40 PM #80
SevenGold-IV
Just the Tipp

Quote:
really? you are comparing killing an embryo to the holocaust? and you call me ignorant?
When did I say that? I was merely pointing out what exactly constitutes insignificant life. In Nazi Germany, Jews were considered insignificant life.

Does that not make sense to you?
Old 09-30-2012, 11:41 PM #81
SevenGold-IV
Just the Tipp

Quote:
right, i am not debating between a newborn and an old man, im debating between an embryo and a newborn
Again, the only difference is time and experience. That newborn will grow to be an old man, the same as an embryo.

Oh, fun fact: they're both human beings.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:45 PM #82
sucka T.

Quote:
Again, the only difference is time and experience. That newborn will grow to be an old man, the same as an embryo.

Oh, fun fact: they're both human beings.
not a fact

Quote:
When did I say that? I was merely pointing out what exactly constitutes insignificant life. In Nazi Germany, Jews were considered insignificant life.

Does that not make sense to you?
I see where you are taking this, but the analogy does not work. You are trying to tell me that my opinion of insignificant life can be compared to the nazi's murdering of 6 million jews, to where i say that is not a proper analogy. Insignificant is something that will not be missed. A farm with 2 million cows, one cow dies, that is not significant. An aborted embryo, that is not significant. A breathing human body that is killed, that is significant.

ThreadSavers®

Last edited by sucka T. : 09-30-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:53 PM #83
SevenGold-IV
Just the Tipp

Quote:
not a fact
Oh ok.

So when you were an embryo, did you not have all the necessary DNA and genetic material to make you the human being you are today?

And if a scientist happened to view your embryo in a petri dish he would most likely say, "oh look, a human embryo."

Quote:
I see where you are taking this, but the analogy does not work. You are trying to tell me that my opinion of insignificant life can be compared to the nazi's murdering of 6 million jews, to where i say that is not a proper analogy. Insignificant is something that will not be missed. A farm with 2 million cows, one cow dies, that is not significant. An aborted embryo, that is not significant. A breathing human body that is killed, that is significant.
Your opinion that human life is insignificant is not enough to justify the killing of any one of us. Its not any different than saying that jews are insignificant, and that if we kill one or 6 million then that's not significant. The difference is semantics and a value judgement on what is and isnt valuable.

Last edited by SevenGold-IV : 09-30-2012 at 11:59 PM.
SevenGold-IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:00 AM #84
sucka T.

Quote:
Oh ok.

So when you were an embryo, did you not have all the necessary DNA and genetic material to make you the human being you are today?

And if a scientist happened to view your embryo in a petri dish he would most likely say, "oh look, a human embryo."
DNA and genetic material is found on hair. Should Hair not be cut?

Your scientist looking at a human embryo statement makes no sense. I dont think its wrong to destroy an embryo, why is that such a bad thing? It has no brain, no organs, no bones, no muscle. Whats the problem.

ThreadSavers®