PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-29-2012, 01:56 PM #22
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
What ever happened to drinking some poison to miscary? You remember, right? Where the woman had to weigh the consequences of the possible side effects of the poison versus having the child?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:10 PM #23
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Abortifacients have been around since ancient times. We now have perfectly safe ones and their widespread use could reduce the incidence of procedural abortion tremendously.

I guess in the days when infant mortality was high, the ancients didn't have that many hangups about it. These days conservatives think of every zygote as their future special little douchebag that will grow up to post horse**** on an internet forum from a position of ignorance and privilege.
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices

Last edited by drgonzo : 09-29-2012 at 02:13 PM.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:17 PM #24
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
I don't think it should be done on a whim.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:22 PM #25
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
If we have two women, A and B, and A remains abstinent while B has an abortion, what's the difference in the end result? Neither one allowed life. The output is the exact same between the two.

What if woman B were 45 years old in a stable family with two kids and was told was unable to birth any more children, yet still became pregnant? You would force her, a woman already caring for and providing for two children to risk her entire life as well as the health of her child she now carries? The chance of health issues for both mother and child are rather significant and you'd rather risk both their lives plus the well being of two already born children? You'd rather risk an entire family's structure than simply act as if she had never been pregnant to begin with?

Leave the decision available. If you don't want an abortion, don't get one. If you don't agree with those who do agree with them, then don't marry/date them. Not a hard thing to grasp...
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post76782635

Still waiting for a decent response to this...

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:23 PM #26
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhIoCoNtRActKilLa View Post
So you have no issue in telling another human being what they are allowed to do? You could stare a woman straight in the face and tell her "You HAVE TO have this child."

And then what when they don't? Put them in jail? Fine them? Laughable...
What about the babies rights? The mother forfeited hers when she spread her legs.

"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:53 PM #27
Treghc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeyjonez View Post
What about the babies rights? The mother forfeited hers when she spread her legs.
What's the difference between not having sex and not having a baby? The end result is exactly the same.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 09-29-2012, 02:54 PM #28
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

No it's not. One is abstaining and the other is murder. That's a huge difference. So much for your critical thinking.

"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:59 PM #29
Treghc

Quote:
No it's not. One is abstaining and the other is murder. That's a huge difference. So much for your critical thinking.
If you want to term it that way, go ahead. The end result is still the same. No baby.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 09-29-2012, 03:38 PM #30
Rapier7
Smarter than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post76782635

Still waiting for a decent response to this...
If a doctor attaches his signature to a document saying that the life of the mother is in serious jeopardy should she choose to carry to term, then she can be allowed an abortion. Otherwise she can have the child and give him/her away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
What's the difference between not having sex and not having a baby? The end result is exactly the same.
But the intent is different. It's the difference between locking a door and a wide open one. If someone breaks into your house and steals your stuff, but your door was wide open, the insurance company isn't going to pay for damages because you were negligent.

Choosing to have sex carries a reasonable expectation of a possible pregnancy (unless you use birth control). Choosing not to have sex has no reasonable expectation of pregnancy. But proactively terminating a pregnancy is much different than not have sex. One is a positive right. The other is a negative one. Intent matters just as much as the end result in court.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:08 PM #31
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier7 View Post

This wouldn't have been a story had she simply gotten an abortion, but if she did, the same end result would have occurred and the motive still stays the same: she didn't want the kid so she got rid of it.
In this case - an abortion would of been a more humane way to kill the child.

I support abortion fully in the case of rape and incest. The fact people think a girl, perhaps 9 years old, should have to give birth to a baby if she was raped, is completely and totally warped thinking.

"You think murder is ok then?" (frequent reply to my stating that)

To a creature who is unborn, undeveloped and not truly a "life" yet? Yeah, I think "murder" is justified in that situation.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:36 PM #32
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

Quote:
Refer to my post, like post #6 or so, about why abortion is not murder.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:57 PM #33
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesme View Post
I'm down to say no to abortion when you clowns are down to pick up the welfare tab. Funny how you ***** about paying for the kid that you MADE them have......idiots.
I think there is a big difference between MAKING someone have a child and not allowing them to legally murder their child. Don't twist reality like a dumb liberal.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:01 PM #34
TeamLeadersAccount

TeamLeadersAccount owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier7
http://www.polksheriff.org/NewsRoom/News%20Releases/Pages/PolkCountySheriff%E2%80%99sDetectivesOfficeCharge1 4-Year-OldwithHomicideintheDeathofherNewbornSon.aspx

14 year old girl smothers her infant son immediately after giving birth to him. She's currently charged with 1st degree murder and child abuse.

This wouldn't have been a story had she simply gotten an abortion, but if she did, the same end result would have occurred and the motive still stays the same: she didn't want the kid so she got rid of it.

I used to be pro choice but I think I've finally come around to the pro-life side. We should ban abortion. Instead of giving the woman a choice whether to carry the child to term or not, give them the choice of giving away the baby (and absolving themselves of legal responsibility) to become a ward of the state. If it happens again, she can give the baby away again but must then undergo sterilization.
Well I agree. Abortion is bad. But the end result is dead baby either way. But at least the mother is being punished. But society sees killing the born baby worse
TeamLeadersAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:42 PM #35
sucka T.

i dont get why the killing of a tiny undeveloped embryo is so bad to some people, yet they will still eat meat. in my view its hypocrisy

ThreadSavers®

http://www.ohnoes.org/

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891102
sucka T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:48 PM #36
sucka T.

i also dont understand the "life begins at conception" people who count their age from the day they were born, if they really believe life begins at conception, then they would be 9 months old when they first exit the womb.

ThreadSavers®

Old 09-29-2012, 08:03 PM #37
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

No, we start counting age on our BIRTH DAY.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:38 PM #38
sucka T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
No, we start counting age on our BIRTH DAY.
Yes. My point was if people really believe that life begins are conception, and destroying an embryo is murder, why do they not start counting age at conception and not birth.

ThreadSavers®

Old 09-29-2012, 09:27 PM #39
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhIoCoNtRActKilLa View Post
So you have no issue in telling another human being what they are allowed to do? You could stare a woman straight in the face and tell her "You HAVE TO have this child."

And then what when they don't? Put them in jail? Fine them? Laughable...
Did I say anything like that? Do you really have to be so stupid? All I am saying that abortion is a way for a woman to get out of taking responsibility for what she did, and any argument regard "her right to do what she wants with her body" is stupid because she just doesn't want to deal with the consiquences or her actions.

It is just another manifestation of people not wanting to take care of themselves and be responsible for the choices they make.

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:32 PM #40
sucka T.

so how is having an abortion not taking responsibility? not being responsible would be having a kid when you 1. cant afford it 2. dont want to raise a child in a bad environment 3. raise a kid when you dont have the desire to therefore giving less effort then a parent should. i see an abortion being responsible decision, and having a baby because "i need to accept my mistakes" as being extremely ignorant and irresponsible

ThreadSavers®

Old 09-29-2012, 10:20 PM #41
scienceguy

If you want to cut the number of abortions, you need to make it profitable for the mother to give up her unwanted baby. In the USA the mother is not allowed to make any profit from an adoption, but an adoption agency makes 10s of thousands of dollars per placement. She can ask for living expenses while pregnant, but can then change her mind after the baby is born thereby screwing the adoptive parents out their money and breaking their hearts to boot.

Adoption of infants is so unreliable here that people will pay an agency 20k for an HIV+ foreign child. A healthy Russian kid runs around 40k. There is a huge market here for adoptions. A 40k payday would certainly convince many women to complete their pregnancy. Why should the agency make all the money anyway?
scienceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:27 PM #42
rT159
BlackOps

Give me a hot russian wife and I'll pop out babies left and right and undercut everyone else.
rT159 is offline   Reply With Quote