Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 12:05 PM #211
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
Why are we stripping her of the ability to make a choice? Again, there's no difference as far as output goes between not becoming pregnant and not having a child. Terminating the chance of a life is nothing more than just that. If we are to draw the line at the idea that something could become someone else's life at some point, we should be attacking abstinence too as it gives the exact same results; denying life.
Your rights end where someone else's begin. Just because that cluster of cells isn't a human being right now, doesnt mean it is not well on its way to becoming one. Does it not carry our genes?

That'll be the first and last time I use that stupid ****ing argument.

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 10-02-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2012, 12:14 PM #212
rnauman821
I Ring the Bell
 
rnauman821's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 563
rnauman821 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
rnauman821 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch

Your rights end where someone else's begin. Just because that cluster of cells isn't a human being right now, doesnt mean it is not well on its way to becoming one. Does it not carry our genes?

That'll be the first and last time I use that stupid ****ing argument.
.... Given that logic, any combination of carbon should be considered a potential life. Is a women denying life each time she decides to skips meal?
rnauman821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:20 PM #213
FreeEnterprise
 
 
FreeEnterprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oxford OH Trails of Doom
FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
What I find interesting is the fact that Obama voted 4 times to KILL a BORN baby if they lived through a partial birth abortion.

You guys that think abortion is OK, do you also think it is OK to kill a born baby if the abortion was a failure?...

How can you support someone with a viewpoint that is that extreme? As that is clearly infanticide?
So murder is Ok to you guys?...
__________________

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:23 PM #214
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnauman821 View Post
.... Given that logic, any combination of carbon should be considered a potential life. Is a women denying life each time she decides to skips meal?
That's ridiculous and you know it.

I said: a cluster of cells that is a developing human being. A cluster of cells that carries human DNA.

Clear?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:23 PM #215
rnauman821
I Ring the Bell
 
rnauman821's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 563
rnauman821 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
rnauman821 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise

So murder is Ok to you guys?...
Nice straw man.

Come back when you're ready to argue the point that have been made.
rnauman821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:24 PM #216
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
So murder is Ok to you guys?...
It is not and can not be murder if its not a human, and as you already know its not human life before 24 weeks so...your argument is moot.

But that said I wouldn't vote for Nobama...well ok if he promised to ban religion from the country I might vote for him.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:25 PM #217
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
That's ridiculous and you know it.

I said: a cluster of cells that is a developing human being. A cluster of cells that carries human DNA.

Clear?
Still is not a human by scientific viewpoint. No alpha brain waves, no human.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:26 PM #218
rnauman821
I Ring the Bell
 
rnauman821's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 563
rnauman821 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
rnauman821 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch

That's ridiculous and you know it.
If a one can consider a slab of cells a human, how is considering the building blocks of those cells any different.

If you are going to start breaking it down block by block... So will I.
rnauman821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:27 PM #219
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Your rights end where someone else's begin. Just because that cluster of cells isn't a human being right now, doesnt mean it is not well on its way to becoming one. Does it not carry our genes?

That'll be the first and last time I use that stupid ****ing argument.
And what right(s) does an embryo have and for what reason(s)?
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:28 PM #220
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Still is not a human by scientific viewpoint. No alpha brain waves, no human.
I don't care. Its (likely) going to hit that point eventually anyway so why waste time on semantics?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:32 PM #221
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I don't care. Its (likely) going to hit that point eventually anyway so why waste time on semantics?
there is that pesky freedom thing again right?

and people wonder why I keep guns, to protect myself from people like you.
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:36 PM #222
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
And what right(s) does an embryo have and for what reason(s)?
Not that I believe in rights but for the sake of discussion:

An embryo is a step in the process of becoming the composite entity we know as a human being.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:37 PM #223
LOL Renegade
 
 
LOL Renegade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
..well ok if he promised to ban religion from the country I might vote for him.

If this doesn't prove that you're a Leninst ****** then I don't know what else does.
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:38 PM #224
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnauman821 View Post
If a one can consider a slab of cells a human, how is considering the building blocks of those cells any different.

If you are going to start breaking it down block by block... So will I.
The blocks have been arranged and life has begun to take shape. There is little sense in breaking it down further.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:40 PM #225
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
there is that pesky freedom thing again right?

and people wonder why I keep guns, to protect myself from people like you.
What? Where the hell did this come from?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:47 PM #226
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!
 
Overbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro, CA
Overbear is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL Renegade View Post
If this doesn't prove that you're a Leninst ****** then I don't know what else does.
because I would like to see the end of organised religion on the face of the earth and see that time/energy put into the betterment of mankind (and not socialist leanings)?
__________________
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:09 PM #227
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Not that I believe in rights but for the sake of discussion:

An embryo is a step in the process of becoming the composite entity we know as a human being.
I know you don't

That doesn't really answer my question. Does it have any rights simply because of a possibility? Or do those rights come about once a child is born? More important is the "why" part.

Here's a throw from left field: We're going to die anyways. What's the difference?
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:29 PM #228
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Until evidence is presented (complications etc) that it won't develop into a person, there is no reason to assume otherwise. I dont think this country should require that you be born to be protected. Or rather, that your right to life be protected. I can't pretend to give you an objective "why"

Continuing down left field, we are all collections of cells so who cares?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:40 PM #229
FreeEnterprise
 
 
FreeEnterprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oxford OH Trails of Doom
FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Learn to read guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
What I find interesting is the fact that Obama voted 4 times to KILL a BORN baby if they lived through a partial birth abortion.

You guys that think abortion is OK, do you also think it is OK to kill a born baby if the abortion was a failure?...

How can you support someone with a viewpoint that is that extreme? As that is clearly infanticide?

I'm not talking about 24 weeks, I'm talking about the fact that Obama voted FOUR times to support measures to bring in a SECOND doctor to FINISH the job of a BOTCHED partial birth abortion.

That is a LIVE baby who was BORN ALIVE. That Obama voted to have a doctor come in and KILL that living breathing baby.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/une...de-of-the-womb

According to Obama, a live born baby is still a "fetus"...

My question is the same, is that OK to you guys that support abortion?... Is killing a LIVE, BORN baby morally wrong?

__________________

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!

Last edited by FreeEnterprise : 10-02-2012 at 01:44 PM.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:41 PM #230
Commander Adama
Quorum of Twelve
 
Commander Adama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Battlestar Galactica
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
Another spiteful post about a kid being a consequence, with the nice old school Christian overtone of sex being only allowed for reproductive purposes.
Are you trying to say that a person who has sex doesn't have to be responsible for their actions?
Commander Adama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:01 PM #231
FreeEnterprise
 
 
FreeEnterprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oxford OH Trails of Doom
FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnauman821 View Post
My personal belief is:

The woman's choice was made when she decided to have sex and not take precautions.

However...

I also think we are far over populated.

Parents who weren't responsible enough to prevent the pregnancy and don't have a desire to raise a child are likely to be sub-par caregivers.

There are no where near enough adoptive parents to raise the children that are aborted every year in america.

Eliminating abortion will introduce black market abortions that put the mother at risk.

Millions of children will end up living in poverty, state care, or neglect if abortion is outlawed.

The rate of crimes against children will grow exponentially.

The overall crime rate will skyrocket.



__________________

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!

Last edited by FreeEnterprise : 10-02-2012 at 02:04 PM.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump