PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 03:28 PM #337
starscream0
A hero aint nothing but a

Yeah I figured that'd be the best way. Just thought I'd ask here if anyone has seen the inside of one and knowing a lot of people here have dogs they could comment.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:30 PM #338
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

Think of it as very similar to a 350z in size and shape. I will say the interior driving area felt quite cramped but there was a decent bit of room in the back.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Old 10-08-2012, 03:33 PM #339
Marko34256

has been a member for 10 years
Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It certainly wouldn't hold a large dog. The front seats pretty much sit in the back seats. You'd really only have passengers back there if they were small children or an emergency. Medium-large dogs would probably be a bit cramped and obviously wouldn't have their own window.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:36 PM #340
starscream0

Yeah I've got a 50lb German shepherd and she hates windows and never goes near the ones in the back of my car now so thats not an issue.
I guess I'll have to go check them out and see what's what.

My top three prospects for next car are BRZ, 06 to new style hatch STi, or new Jeep Grand Cherokee
Old 10-08-2012, 03:39 PM #341
Rampager2000

For dogs, honestly, the hatchback STi will be your best bet.

And, you didn't hear it from me, but go check out the other hatchback turbo cars.. MS3, Focus ST, VW GTi. All nice cars for sure.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:40 PM #342
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

I want one. My garage will be brz, glk, csl or 2002.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:42 PM #343
starscream0

I would love to have a turbo car because just because. But on the other hand it would be nice to have one that can take trips from south Carolina to Pennsylvania without too much trouble.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:44 PM #344
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

I do love turbo powa alot, but I could live without. maybe the sti version will be out in a few years when I'd actually be buying cars lol
Old 10-08-2012, 03:46 PM #345
starscream0

Well from what I understand, since the BRZ is so light, it still has quite a bit of power?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 PM #346
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

feels no faster than a civic si, its peppy but not fast
Old 10-08-2012, 04:13 PM #347
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

RBR321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RBR321 supports Team VICIOUS
RBR321 supports DLX Technology
Enjoy your increase in insurance payments for those of you who own STI's in here. A 16 year old who only had his learned permit killed three of his friends in a 2012 STI at 4AM this morning. The media is making a big deal about it being a performance car and such.

It's really sad that this is how parents have to learn a lesson about first cars for their children.

On the BRZ topic, I'm considering an FRS in the future. It's not WRX fast so I won't be getting myself into the above trouble but I can still enjoy it. I enjoyed the hell out of my sister's 130hp cruze just because the tiny *** turbo was very quick to spool and give bottom end power in the small area I was playing around in. 200hp would be plenty and the added mpg's+the lower insurance payments would be great. The back seats, when folded down, can fit an entire set of wheels and tires so fitting a timid dog that doesn't move would be fine even with the seats up.
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA

Last edited by RBR321 : 10-08-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:17 PM #348
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

he had to be at least going 130
Old 10-08-2012, 04:21 PM #349
Rampager2000

So an accident happened while driving fast?

Could have happened to any of us when we were driving stupid.

Insurance probably won't go up and media really isn't making THAT big of a deal about it.

Still sucks for the kid and the passengers. Can't imagine how long it would take an STi to hit those kind of high speeds with 5 people in the car.

Some of the guys on the NASIOC thread were saying there were reports of him having to dodge something and the roads being wet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrobertsPB View Post
feels no faster than a civic si, its peppy but not fast
I drove the FRS immediately after driving a 2010 Si and the Si was noticeably faster.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:24 PM #350
Alan777
Tree Fitty

I refuse to drive agressively with other people in the car. Not worth it if I **** up.
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Old 10-08-2012, 04:28 PM #351
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

has been a member for 10 years
kapp_badbloodz supports Cereal Killerz 2
kapp_badbloodz supports our troops
kapp_badbloodz is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
Just go find a FRS or a BRZ and sit in one/drive it to get a feel. Obviously there's small differences but it's 99.9% the same car.
Except for the body... oh and the frame... oh and the tranny... oh and the motor... oh and the doors... oh and the turbo... oh... you see where I'm going with this

"Originally posted by slateman: Air Force . . . serious business"
MGDT: "Originally posted by Marine786: We had one guy get orders for a deployment while on a deployment."
AFDT:"Originally posted by f2f4: Or maybe he meant our exposed and aerated crotches. Privates. Because lord knows our PT gear only encourages "wardrobe malfunctions.""
Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 PM #352
Rampager2000

Edit: What are you smoking?

Same. Well, I'll bend it a bit with my 15 year old brother with a bit of spirited driving down a road I'm extremely familiar with, but I sure as hell won't hit anything over 100 and squealing tires around turns.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:29 PM #353
no_caffeine
EOMFD.

no_caffeine is a Paintball photographer
****, that car is decimated.

CT passed a law two years ago restricting young drivers to prevent **** like this. Prior to this law change, you could drive with anyone at anytime once you had your license.

edit; I'm also glad to be driving a swapped car.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:33 PM #354
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

Same here. If you aren't a licensed driver you must be with some who is 21+ and the car has to have dual brakes. Considering it was 4AM he probably took the car out without his parents knowing. Ramp, the news report I just watched made a ****storm about it being an STI. And I was clearly being facetious with the insurance comment
"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
'MURICA
Old 10-08-2012, 04:35 PM #355
no_caffeine
EOMFD.

no_caffeine is a Paintball photographer
Could you pull up a news article? I'd like to read what they had to say.

Last edited by no_caffeine : 10-08-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:37 PM #356
Malicious Intentionz
The Real Dickasaurus

Malicious Intentionz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Malicious Intentionz is an NCPA player
Malicious Intentionz plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_caffeine View Post
Could you pull up a new article? I'd like to read what they had to say.
Yeah I'd like to hear what they said about this crash.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:48 PM #357
RBR321
I'll bring the pizzas.

Where I got the two photos from
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1177440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
So an accident happened while driving fast?

Could have happened to any of us when we were driving stupid.
Most of us wouldn't have been driving stupidly with four people in the car.
'MURICA

Last edited by RBR321 : 10-08-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Closed Thread