PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-20-2012, 05:33 PM #1
Not AzaTuR
Wax On Wax Off

Dynasty any good anymore?

Stopped keeping track... What's going on? Oliver Lang doesn't play NPPL any more either?

XBLAzaTuR
Not AzaTuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2012, 01:51 AM #2
da oreo
JUST DYE

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not AzaTuR View Post
Stopped keeping track... What's going on? Oliver Lang doesn't play NPPL any more either?
http://pspevents.com/rankings/

http://www.nppl.com/rankings

http://www.millennium-series.com/tea...iego%20Dynasty
'
They haven't seen the top of the podium yet in the psp or nppl but they are number one in the millennium series as well as having a first place finish. On paper they are still one of the best teams in the history of the sport but it just hasn't been meshing well. It's kind of like tiger and golf, they havent taken first yet this year in the states but going into any tournament you can never count them out! They are proven champions and it is hard times like now that will make them hungrier than ever! I'm hoping for a strong season finish for the men in blue!

so in short. yes, they are still good/best.'
(also im still kind of vague on the whole nppl thing apparently something happened at the last event hence the oliver comment, "no more nppl for me")

D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y

Last edited by da oreo : 09-21-2012 at 02:05 AM.
da oreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:44 PM #3
FreakinJB

Even athletes getting paid millions of dollars burn out at some point. These guys had something incredible, where for 10 years they could focus purely on paintball and everything else magically figured itself out. I say this not because I know these guys but because I feel myself going through the same thing on a much smaller scale.

So here they are, ~30 years old, being asked to make the same sacrifices they were making 10 years ago just to prove something that's been proven many (50+) times before. Not to mention, whatever they're making probably isn't enough to support themselves or a family.

This sport has just seen its first great generation in these guys (Sorry to all the old timers but there just wasn't much skill involved back in the day), hopefully they get treated well by the industry for everything they've done.
FreakinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:20 PM #4
FaCe ShOt
pball is life, not hobby

FaCe ShOt owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
FaCe ShOt is for the Gunfight
FaCe ShOt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
FaCe ShOt has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
FaCe ShOt has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ollie isnt "burnt out" he is just having a rough patch in his career. you have to remember he was the youngest kid to go pro for his time

"That feeling in your gut, that voice in your head, that trembling in your legs... Thats me. And you can run, you'll just die tired".

If you start hearing people scream...its cause im doin a run through on your ***...and ill be back next point too
FaCe ShOt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:43 AM #5
Chrismeisterpmc
C-Nasty

Chrismeisterpmc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Chrismeisterpmc plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaCe ShOt
ollie isnt "burnt out" he is just having a rough patch in his career. you have to remember he was the youngest kid to go pro for his time
Chris Hale #19
Chrismeisterpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 AM #6
Not AzaTuR
Wax On Wax Off

I agree. I think Dynasty brought to the table the first real team work and micro-managing of the way the sport is played... Today though, every team is now like this. But what deffinitely stopped the winning streak was Oliver leaving the team... If he had stayed with Dynasty they would still have the great team work and mesh... Too bad he left in the first place.

XBLAzaTuR
Not AzaTuR is offline   Reply With Quote