Question empire super freak vs freak

hi i wonder Which is the best option? empire super freak kit or freak kit
ipo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2012, 11:54 PM #2
Brandonv09

Original Freak from my research.

I haven't used either. But with the Empire Super Freak, you only get 5 inserts, while the original Freak, you get 8. That and the Super Freak is .005 variation from each insert, while the Freak has .002-.003 variation, therefor allowing more accuracy when choosing the correct insert.

I believe the only thing the Super Freak has that the original doesn't is the Apex barrel (that 'curve' your paintballs) I would say unless you want the Apex, then go with the original Freak. That and the original Freak is $50 cheaper.

Also, according to Empire, the Super Freak and Freak barrels are completely compatible with each other. So if you do choose the Super Freak, you could also buy parts that are for the original freak and they're work on the Super Freak.

Hope this helps
Brandonv09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 PM #3
Darko9989
MacDev Militia

Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I have owned the Freak but not the Super Freak. I do have a friend that just bought the Super Freak though. From personal experience with the Freak I will say that it is a great barrel kit and will work wonders but IMO the inserts could be more sturdy. I have bent more than one by accident. Other than the inserts the kit is great. The Super Freak looks like it might be built a little better but my friend has stated that he sometimes has a hard time matching the bore size to the paint since it jumps by 5 increments. You have more options with the original Freak. Also check out the Sly kit. I own this now and I prefer it over the Freak.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:42 PM #4
wowzerz
Pump Karni King

wowzerz is attending Decay of Nations VI
You shouldnt need more than 5 inserts. You never want to match bores anyways.
wowzerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:56 PM #5
t0ph3r89
DPF

t0ph3r89 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonv09 View Post
Original Freak from my research.

I haven't used either. But with the Empire Super Freak, you only get 5 inserts, while the original Freak, you get 8. That and the Super Freak is .005 variation from each insert, while the Freak has .002-.003 variation, therefor allowing more accuracy when choosing the correct insert.

I believe the only thing the Super Freak has that the original doesn't is the Apex barrel (that 'curve' your paintballs) I would say unless you want the Apex, then go with the original Freak. That and the original Freak is $50 cheaper.

Also, according to Empire, the Super Freak and Freak barrels are completely compatible with each other. So if you do choose the Super Freak, you could also buy parts that are for the original freak and they're work on the Super Freak.

Hope this helps
The thing is, the original Freak's aluminum inserts have been known to not be true to the bore size that is stamped on the outside. As for "correctly" sizing your barrel to your paint (whether you like to match, over, or underbore), you don't need 8 inserts spaced .002 inches apart; a .005" spread is plenty. Paintballs vary in size too much in each batch for "correctly" sizing your paint.

I can't recommend the Freak or the Super Freak Simply because I wouldn't use any of the bore sizes above .685. Actually, the only 2 bore sizes I've used for the past few years are a .682 and a .678 (mostly just the .682).
t0ph3r89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:53 PM #6
wowzerz
Pump Karni King

wowzerz is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ph3r89 View Post
The thing is, the original Freak's aluminum inserts have been known to not be true to the bore size that is stamped on the outside.
I don't think it matters what the insert is stamped with. You will still use what is appropriate to the size of the ball.
wowzerz is offline   Reply With Quote