Old 09-29-2012, 07:43 PM #85
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Umm... no. Atheists say there is nothing, not that there could be something.
"A-theist" literally translates to "without-theistic belief".

I'm an atheist. I don't take the stance that there is no God, but I take the stance of we don't know. I do believe that like the hundreds of religious belief and their subsets before, the big three right now lack any sufficient reasoning or evidence to back their belief in their God(s).

Just because someone doesn't believe in the current idea of God, doesn't mean that they believe there cannot be one.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2012, 09:33 PM #86
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post

I'm an atheist. I don't take the stance that there is no God, but I take the stance of we don't know. I do believe that like the hundreds of religious belief and their subsets before, the big three right now lack any sufficient reasoning or evidence to back their belief in their God(s).

Just because someone doesn't believe in the current idea of God, doesn't mean that they believe there cannot be one.
That little black kid that lives behind a grandfather clock wants to talk to you.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:07 AM #87
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnauman821 View Post
... How is it unreasonable to ask for evidence in a belief when that specific belief is being used as the only evidence of political stance.

To say that atheism requires faith is as dim-witted as saying that disbelief in pixies or leprechauns takes faith. Even if Einstein himself told me there was an elf on my shoulder, I would still ask for proof and I wouldn’t be wrong to ask.

- Geoff Mather
I'm confused as to what sort of evidence you expect. Physicalist evidence? Do you think such a narrow scope of study is likely to reveal the existence of a transcendent absolute. Look I'm drunk but the answer lies in Plato's cave. If you are looking for something outside of the physical you aren't going find it for two reasons.

There is no separation between us and the metaphysical
All contemporary modes of study focus on the physical.

OK I lied, you should familiarize yourself with the theory of forms. An accidental stumbling upon by Greeks of an older....principle.

Christ I don't think this is very clear at all.

So about that alesmith. Cheers boys.
Iamamartianchurch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:20 AM #88
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post

Neiztche called Christianity "Platonism for idiots"
Iamamartianchurch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:03 AM #89
Frank101
legit legit legit

Frank101 is a Supporting Member
Frank101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Frank101 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Frank101 plays in the APPA D5 division
Getting off the topic of atheism for a second, Bernake sent thank you notes to key members of Congress for voting against audit the fed bill. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81758.html

Maybe wait a year for the charter to expire and it won't be renewed perhaps?
"Originally posted by pokenose: We quit doing that secret Santa thing after the black guy got a bucket of fried chicken, watermelon jolly ranchers, a bottle of colt 45 and a cotton scented candle then someone else got a ball of that free twine you tie down your items with at ikea and a vibrator so you can go **** yourself if you didn't like the twine."

"Originally posted by AlphaNeo36:
Election fraud is perfectly acceptable when it intends to keep Ron Paul out of the White House."
Frank101 is offline   Reply With Quote