Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-26-2012, 03:09 PM #22
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

I love the philosophy of small government but I hate the Republican party (some of their beliefs, not all)

I hate the philosophy of big government and I hate progressive philosophy (most of their beliefs, not all)

I love America and Americans. Our government, whether it pretends to advocate big or small government, Republican or Democrat, are all the same. They do not represent the American people. Our government will be huge and out of control regardless of what party is in office. If you think otherwise I'm not sure if you can be saved, considering how ****ing obvious it's become.

Last edited by SupraSuper : 09-26-2012 at 03:14 PM.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2012, 03:25 PM #23
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
You voice this idea a lot but I don't think I agree with it. There isn't a lot of evidence that a mix of backgrounds is the root cause of any of our problems, especially considering we have been a nation of mixed backgrounds since before we were a nation. Americans do have an identity-we are a group of people who may not share the same ethnicity, religion, or background but we embrace the idea of "live and let live". I think this is more than enough to keep us
I voice it a lot because civilization requires a center. I don't mean civilization as a collection of laws, buildings etc etc but a population of people.

The Irish immigration to America caused a huge uproar. America has always had issues with new groups coming in. Being mostly white and mostly Christian kept it together only because the Europeans are more similar to each other than they are different, likewise for Christian sects.

Live and let live is one of those things that sounds good but fails when put into practice due to the consequences. But that is besides the point I guess.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:28 PM #24
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
What do you specifically see as broken?

I don't understand what this means. Romney had a major gaffe there and it's also a crystallization of his essence that he has been fighting really hard to avoid. So the news media would be remiss to ignore that.

There have indeed been some historically bad precedents set by the modern republican party. Kind of started with Gingrich, impeaching the president really was a terrible thing for the country and may have been the single most damaging event in recent political history.
Fun fact Gonzy, Gingrich is credited with balancing the budget during Clinton. It isn't all bad.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:29 PM #25
LOL Renegade

I favor big government only when it caters towards the right-wing.

For example, I'd be fine if we just ignored that part in the Constitution where it says everyone deserves a fair trial and instead just put a bullet in the head of people who truly do not deserve to exist.
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:32 PM #26
Fuzzy R. McNuggs
yes

i dont see how republicans can complain about big government when theyre so unwilling to cut military spending

both dems and reps spend too much

Last edited by Fuzzy R. McNuggs : 09-26-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Fuzzy R. McNuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:44 PM #27
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy R. McNuggs View Post
i dont see how republicans can complain about big government when theyre so unwilling to cut military spending

both dems and reps spend too much
I could be wrong about this but I believe that the military isn't seen as big government because somewhere in the constitution it says that it the governments responsibility to provide for common defense. IE military. I could be off base but I'm almost positive that is the logic.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:51 PM #28
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
if anything i think military spending/research is one of the things that should not be cut down.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:58 PM #29
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
if anything i think military spending/research is one of the things that should not be cut down.
I hope you're joking.
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:59 PM #30
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhIoCoNtRActKilLa View Post
I hope you're joking.
No, im not at all. It doesnt help though that we are still in the Middle East though. That increased our military spending a lot.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:07 PM #31
Fuzzy R. McNuggs
yes

a navy, airforce, defensive landforces and spec ops, and some nukes is all we need

not a massive army capable of invasion and occupation
Fuzzy R. McNuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:45 PM #32
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Quote:
No, im not at all. It doesnt help though that we are still in the Middle East though. That increased our military spending a lot.

You don't see a problem here?
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:18 PM #33
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

We also give countries a few billion of direct military aid or that they directly spend on military so you could prolly throw that bit in their too.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:35 PM #34
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhIoCoNtRActKilLa View Post

You don't see a problem here?
No I do not see a problem. We spend about $340 billion on illegal immigration per year. That includes welfare, medical, food, housing, and any other handouts they may receive. Also, most do not report income to government meaning they are truly making more than the government knows about. Don't forget all the money they send back to their home country as well. I would much rather support further military development and world protection and increase border security/deportation crackdowns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
We also give countries a few billion of direct military aid or that they directly spend on military so you could prolly throw that bit in their too.
im sure something like that is already included within the above pie chart.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:40 PM #35
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
No I do not see a problem. We spend about $340 billion on illegal immigration per year. That includes welfare, medical, food, housing, and any other handouts they may receive. Also, most do not report income to government meaning they are truly making more than the government knows about. Don't forget all the money they send back to their home country as well. I would much rather support further military development and world protection and increase border security/deportation crackdowns.
How about cutting back on military funding by bringing our military personnel back to patrol the border? We cut back on big brother-ing other countries, invest that money in to research and education so that we can fund more activities to increase domestic production. We get our industrial workers back to the big and bold so that, should we ever actually need to protect ourselves, we can manufacture everything needed at an unprecedented pace. Helps the economy, helps put us back in the forefront of education and scientific research (two enormous drivers for expanding the economy) and cuts our military budget while offering more protection at home, including taking care of our own borders.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:51 PM #36
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

**** that! We gotta go kill some haji's because it's fun and they hate our freedoms or something
Old 09-26-2012, 05:54 PM #37
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
How about cutting back on military funding by bringing our military personnel back to patrol the border? We cut back on big brother-ing other countries, invest that money in to research and education so that we can fund more activities to increase domestic production. We get our industrial workers back to the big and bold so that, should we ever actually need to protect ourselves, we can manufacture everything needed at an unprecedented pace. Helps the economy, helps put us back in the forefront of education and scientific research (two enormous drivers for expanding the economy) and cuts our military budget while offering more protection at home, including taking care of our own borders.
i agree we should get outta the middle east. it has done nothing but gotten a couple thousand troops killed and spent lots of money. you have very good ideas on the subject. i also agree we should pull most troops out of the middle east and invest them in border protection. im sure soldiers would much rather live in normal homes and be in the US while being active duty than going back to a portable barracks too. but like i said a few posts earlier... it is hard to note what military spending would be like today if we were not in the middle east for the past decade.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:59 PM #38
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Is there any first world country that has a "small" government? It's practically impossible in my opinion.

If there weren't social programs the poor would 3rd world poor and shanty towns will be all over. That would bring the standard of living down for everyone. Plus from many examples in history, when the peasants get too poor what happens? Revolution.

Second our economy and whole structue is routed from our impearlistic foreign policy. And too keep it that way we must have the most dominate military. Like it or not.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:01 PM #39
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
Is there any first world country that has a "small" government? It's practically impossible in my opinion.

If there weren't social programs the poor would 3rd world poor and shanty towns will be all over. That would bring the standard of living down for everyone. Plus from many examples in history, when the peasants get too poor what happens? Revolution.

Second our economy and whole structue is routed from our impearlistic foreign policy. And too keep it that way we must have the most dominate military. Like it or not.
And history shows... wat could be a possible outcome after the revolution?
Old 09-26-2012, 06:17 PM #40
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
We can have the most dominant military without being present in so many places. I'd argue that a strong industrial core is paramount to keeping a strong military. The ability to mass produce items that are more reliable whilst holding technological advantages is extremely important for military dominance. Pulling people back and appropriating that money towards domestic job growth and education/research would help us in many ways without compromising military dominance. We don't have to be present everywhere to have the strongest military might.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:19 PM #41
jamest91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
We can have the most dominant military without being present in so many places. I'd argue that a strong industrial core is paramount to keeping a strong military. The ability to mass produce items that are more reliable whilst holding technological advantages is extremely important for military dominance. Pulling people back and appropriating that money towards domestic job growth and education/research would help us in many ways without compromising military dominance. We don't have to be present everywhere to have the strongest military might.

we should just take over the world and any1 who doesnt support democracy is gotten rid of lol
Old 09-26-2012, 06:37 PM #42
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
we should just take over the world and any1 who doesnt support democracy is gotten rid of lol
By forcing others to follow our form of government we are undermining the declaration of independence and by extension the existence America itself.