Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-20-2012, 11:58 AM #1
A5ontoThatPMR

PMR 07 Back cap problem. PLEASE HELP!

First I am new to the forum and hope Its ok I posted in this section I am new and need help lol.

I got a PMR 07 about a week ago. It worked great when I bought it. When I got home I took out the bolt to do maintenance on it. Lubed it up and put it back together. When i put the bolt back in I lined up everything and screwed it back in. Screwed on the HPA tank and it was leaking, then I heard a pop. Took out the bolt, I busted the Air valve oring on the manifold. Replaced it, now the bolt does not screw in all the way and there is a slight leak out the back cap. To me it looks like the back cap isn't screwing in all the way, BUT ITS TIGHT! and wont screw in any further. If I take the back cap off the bolt. The cap screws in all the way just fine. NO THREAD DAMAGE......

What is wrong with my PMR 07?
A5ontoThatPMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2012, 12:03 PM #2
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Try lubing the threads. Maybe they have started to get crossthreaded even so slightly.

Other thoughts: Any debris in the bolt kit? maybe a chewed up Oring on the inside of the can?

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:07 PM #3
A5ontoThatPMR

I lubed up the treads, made sure there is no debris inside anywhere. It just doesn't want to go in any further. I don't understand because when I bought it it worked fine..All I did was standard maintenance...
Old 10-20-2012, 12:27 PM #4
p8ntninja

p8ntninja has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
p8ntninja has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
This may sound obvious but were you using a replacement o ring from a kit sized to your particular marker? If it's one size to small then yea, it can cause issues like air leaks. And are positive that air is coming out of the back cap and not the air release port on the back?
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:39 PM #5
A5ontoThatPMR

Im not sure where on the back its coming from. But there shouldn't be a constant air leak out the back right? I know when you fire it a little should come out. I read the manual but a constant air leak shouldn't be there. Correct?
Old 10-21-2012, 12:10 AM #6
p8ntninja

p8ntninja has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
p8ntninja has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Correct. I would guess that you put to big of an o ring on to replace the one that blew. If I were you I would order a rebuild kit from O Ring monkey for your year of PMR and just rebuild the whole thing and lube it.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:18 AM #7
Darko9989
MacDev Militia

Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
If possible try posting a picture pointing to where exactly the air is leaking from.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:14 PM #8
s2master

This might sound stupid but is it the stock plastic back cap ? They are prone to crossthreading and breaking. I would recomend a metal one if it doesn't already have one.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:05 PM #9
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Yes, they are prone to having issues, and replacement backcaps are like the #1 necessary upgrade that's actually an upgrade.

#2 would be a Dye Feedneck collar to replace the plasitc one that came with the marker from the factory

#3 would be trigger, CP and others make great triggers that make it more snappy and feel better in your hand

or

#3 upgrade to an ultralite frame, it's hourglass shape feels better in the hand and it's all metal, but don't be fooled by the name, It's heavier then the stock frame (should be called a heavyweight frame

All or at least most sites have backcaps, some on clearance and you should have no problem finding them. my favorite one is the hybrid traitor cap, second is the modified backcap, but NDZ is the cheapest but still better then stock. Good luck with your pmr, it will last you for years.
mymutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:39 AM #10
liquidfiretibby

Annual Supporting Member
liquidfiretibby is BST Legit
liquidfiretibby plays in the PSP
liquidfiretibby owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
liquidfiretibby posts videos on PbNation
liquidfiretibby plays in the APPA D4 division
liquidfiretibby has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
loved my pmr when it wanted to work.

just make sure all your orings are the right size and arent broken. lube the bolt good but dont over lube. and make sure the can part of the bolt is screwed on tight. also, make sure that oring on the bottom of the bolt doesnt get pinched when putting the bolt in. that was always why my bolt didnt wanna go in right

as said above, a metal backcap is basically necessary. the plastic one will eventually strip out if you do regular maintenance. but if you treat your pmr well, itll do the same for you and last for years. like i said, i loved mine, but ive upgraded since

United
liquidfiretibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:23 AM #11
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot

masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
If you plan on looking for a UL frame, be prepared to not find one. Each UL frame is different in shape and from what I remember, UL's are meant for a specific gun/year. Not to mention, Dye doesn't make them anymore except for the ones that come with the guns. Maybe they still have some PMR 08 UL frames left over, probably not though.

But yeah, sounds like you crossthreaded the backcap. Just get the aluminum one off of any site. I believe the 07/08/09/10 all used the same backcap. I don't know about the reflex/rail backcaps.

Here are some backcaps. They range in price from $10-30 and are all made out of aluminum so they all should be the same quality (although the finishes may differ). That hybrid backcap looks pretty cool, toolless entry is a nice feature although I was sometimes able to get my stock 09 PMR backcap off if it wasn't tightened too much.

Last edited by masterofTHUMBS : 10-31-2012 at 12:26 AM.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote