PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-25-2012, 06:04 AM #1
destey
Derek

really old ACI Bulldog tank

I have a ACI bulldog fiber tank from I think 1999. Its high pressure, wanting low pressure I tried to buy a regulator for it (ninja), and the threads were too small on the ninja. The regulator slid in and out without touching the threads. Anyone know what threads they used on this tank and if there are regulators that fit it? Its in mint condition and just rehydroed so it'd be a shame to have to toss.

thanks guys - derek
destey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2012, 09:33 AM #2
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by destey View Post
I have a ACI bulldog fiber tank from I think 1999. Its high pressure, wanting low pressure I tried to buy a regulator for it (ninja), and the threads were too small on the ninja. The regulator slid in and out without touching the threads. Anyone know what threads they used on this tank and if there are regulators that fit it? Its in mint condition and just rehydroed so it'd be a shame to have to toss.

thanks guys - derek
Hi Derek. Sounds like you have one of the really old bottles with the different thread size in the neck. Unfortunately, there were a few bottle companies that came out with those back in the day and noone makes a regulator that fits those bottles anymore. You would have to buy an old reg with the larger threads to be able to use that particular bottle.
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:25 AM #3
destey
Derek

I have the original regulator, and it still works, its just HP and was hoping to put in a LP one (and I read that the regs that came on these are problematic). Is there a sleeve that can be put on or an adapter of some sort? I guess I could always do the mini reg mod to my angel so I could use HP.

Or are the old ACI bulldog regulators adjustable in any way (like adding shims)?
destey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:59 PM #4
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
There are no collars or adapters to change the reg threading.
In all honesty that tank is at the end of it's life, it's 13 years old and they have a max life of 15 years from their date of manufacture. I would consider looking around for a new or newish but used tank to be honest.
But if you have the reg you can get two more years out of it. I do not believe the Bulldog regs are adjustable in anyway. That's really from the era of fix output systems. What you have is what you get essentially.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote