PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-28-2012, 02:04 PM #22
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthedoritoguy View Post
Problem with the fittings?
Nope. I believe the fittings issue has been addressed since the G3 /G3 Spec-R era.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2012, 02:58 PM #23
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

ttimberlak443 supports Team VICIOUS
ttimberlak443 posts videos on PbNation
ttimberlak443 plays in the APPA beginner division
ttimberlak443 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by imthedoritoguy View Post
Problem with the fittings?
Dangerous Power just doesn't do very well with their fittings. Some people find that their fittings leak right out of the box, but most of the time they can fix it within a minute of moving them around and disconnecting and reconnecting the macroline.

I'm not sure how they are now, but I have seen a few G4's and FX's have a slight leak that is fixed with a little adjustments.
ttimberlak443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:09 PM #24
jimador48

jimador48 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jimador48 supports DLX Technology
jimador48 supports Empire
its a good gun, i have upgraded to a techt hush bolt and it shoots really good and has pretty good efficiency.

I was at the field on sunday and some guy was like what ego is that, i just looked at him and was "its a dp fusion fx " then he just looked at me.

its a good gun overall with the oled board but like a few people have said dont over tighten the eye covers they will break, they are not cheap either ( $45 + shipping from ans )
jimador48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:34 PM #25
SMSexton
Derping the Wire

SMSexton plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvveak View Post
I have owned 2 FX's, and two of my teammates have FX's and none of us have ever had this problem. I can almost 100% guarantee that it is because people overtighten their eye covers that this happens. My eye covers never bent out, broke, stripped, nothing. Ever.

All you have to do is make sure the eye cover screws are snug and nothing more. If you over tighten you are doing it wrong anyway because you'll eventually strip the screw due to the force required to untighten it, so make sure they are snug not hulk strength tight.
This has been reported more then once on this forum, and none is claiming the screws have stripped. The eye plate is breaking off around the screw, leaving the screw and a small lip of metal from the eye cover behind. Over tightening may very well be the issue, but its coming from the factory like that. The covers had never been messed with on the FX I experienced this with.

I am not saying the marker is bad, the FX I shot was flawless untill the right-side eye cover popped off.

I only brought it up because OP wanted some cons of the marker.

Last edited by SMSexton : 09-29-2012 at 12:31 AM.
SMSexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:19 AM #26
Tvveak
DP User

Tvveak is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSexton View Post
This has been reported more then once on this forum, and none is claiming the screws have stripped. The eye plate is breaking off around the screw, leaving the screw and a small lip of metal from the eye cover behind. Over tightening may very well be the issue, but its coming from the factory like that. The covers had never been messed with on the FX I experienced this with.

I am not saying the marker is bad, the FX I shot was flawless untill the right-side eye cover popped off.

I only brought it up because OP wanted some cons of the marker.
It's not really a con, more so lack of maintenance or knowledge. In your case, since you had never touched the screws of the eye covers you would have never cleaned your eyes which can lead to other problems assuming the eye cover stayed on. Whenever you first get a marker you're supposed to break it down 100$, clean and relube. You should never just pick it up and go.

About the screws stripping, I know no one has ever said something about it. I'm just saying by over tightening, the force you would need in order unscrew the over tightened screws would eventually strip them.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:49 AM #27
learningxp

so I have a question about the fx. Bought a used one and tried it out today. it shot alright when I was chronoing and aim testing it on the field, but when I tried to lane or anything it chopped pretty bad and quite a lot. I was shooting 270's-280's, using evil paint. I've used Dm's with an lpr that can help to lower the force from the bolt, but this is my first marker without a lpr. I'm kinda confused as how to fix that problem. I'll move this post if it's in the wrong area, but the thread was labelled fusion fx, so I'm assuming it's okay in here.

the setup: fusion fx, techt hush bolt, techt law ram, shooting 270's-280's. as far as I can tell the settings are all stock/default on the board. Halo v35(mode 5) I know I can't shoot that fast but I like knowing that if I ever accidentally hit a high bps, there'll be a ball in the chamber. There was a little over 3000psi in the ninja 50/4500 tank.
DP Rev-i
DP Fusion X
Bob Long MVP
Macdev Clone GT

Last edited by learningxp : 10-01-2012 at 12:54 AM. Reason: forgot to tell my setup
learningxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:00 AM #28
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningxp View Post
so I have a question about the fx. Bought a used one and tried it out today. it shot alright when I was chronoing and aim testing it on the field, but when I tried to lane or anything it chopped pretty bad and quite a lot. I was shooting 270's-280's, using evil paint. I've used Dm's with an lpr that can help to lower the force from the bolt, but this is my first marker without a lpr. I'm kinda confused as how to fix that problem. I'll move this post if it's in the wrong area, but the thread was labelled fusion fx, so I'm assuming it's okay in here.

the setup: fusion fx, techt hush bolt, techt law ram, shooting 270's-280's. as far as I can tell the settings are all stock/default on the board. Halo v35(mode 5) I know I can't shoot that fast but I like knowing that if I ever accidentally hit a high bps, there'll be a ball in the chamber. There was a little over 3000psi in the ninja 50/4500 tank.
I think there ^^^ (bolded) is your problem. Those V35 Halos are known to turn into blenders if turned up too high. I'd turn that down to start. The FX has break-beam eyes so if a ball isn't in the breach, it isn't going to shoot - as long as your settings are reasonable.

Next thing I'd look at are the detents. Which ones do you have? If they are the original stock ones, take one out and try with just one in. I have heard that the newer DP off-set ones work best.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:08 AM #29
learningxp

Hmm..so maybe setting 2 or 3 should be fine? I was gonna say that the v35 hasn't crushed pb's before, but then I've never used tournament paint before. The previous owner has them trimmed down just enough that they hold the ball from rolling forward. I dunno if they're stock or the ones that came with the hush bolt.

After the first ball break the eyes were rendered useless cause they got covered.(paint came out from the eye covers lol)
DP Rev-i
DP Fusion X
Bob Long MVP
Macdev Clone GT
Old 10-01-2012, 09:59 AM #30
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
Also, consider looking at the "weights" on the ram... You might be running too light or too heavy. Just a thought.
NargofWoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:06 PM #31
learningxp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NargofWoV View Post
Also, consider looking at the "weights" on the ram... You might be running too light or too heavy. Just a thought.
I have the mid weight setting, heavy on front, light in the back.
DP Rev-i
DP Fusion X
Bob Long MVP
Macdev Clone GT
Old 10-01-2012, 04:18 PM #32
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
>nods< That is what I use as well....
NargofWoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:14 PM #33
D-Rock_32

D-Rock_32 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by learningxp

I run mid as well. Didn't seem like that much if difference but I stuck with the mid
D-Rock_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:35 PM #34
evfish94

evfish94 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
evfish94 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
evfish94 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i have a fx i think its a decent gun at best.. quiet and it can shoot ropes when needed too.. never had any problems with it..
evfish94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:53 PM #35
Snake2715

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Hmm..so maybe setting 2 or 3 should be fine? I was gonna say that the v35 hasn't crushed pb's before, but then I've never used tournament paint before. The previous owner has them trimmed down just enough that they hold the ball from rolling forward. I dunno if they're stock or the ones that came with the hush bolt.

After the first ball break the eyes were rendered useless cause they got covered.(paint came out from the eye covers lol)
Wherea re you at?

I played last weekend, first time in 13 months (I wont go into details) and bought the higher end paint.. we had mid 60's weather, and I wish I had bought the cheaper, thicker shelled balls. The colder weather was not my friend and I had 3 or so barrel breaks on the balls.

So bottom line temp changes for fall could have been a cause as well.
>Ice White G3
DP Fusion Green LE #31/50

LOOK HERE ///RAPS REBUILD THREAD\\\
Snake2715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:18 PM #36
learningxp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
I think there ^^^ (bolded) is your problem. Those V35 Halos are known to turn into blenders if turned up too high. I'd turn that down to start. The FX has break-beam eyes so if a ball isn't in the breach, it isn't going to shoot - as long as your settings are reasonable.

Next thing I'd look at are the detents. Which ones do you have? If they are the original stock ones, take one out and try with just one in. I have heard that the newer DP off-set ones work best.
Failed to resist buying a spire lol Gonna try it out this Sunday. Hopefully the v35 was the problem.
DP Rev-i
DP Fusion X
Bob Long MVP
Macdev Clone GT
Old 10-05-2012, 07:23 PM #37
learningxp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake2715 View Post
Wherea re you at?

I played last weekend, first time in 13 months (I wont go into details) and bought the higher end paint.. we had mid 60's weather, and I wish I had bought the cheaper, thicker shelled balls. The colder weather was not my friend and I had 3 or so barrel breaks on the balls.

So bottom line temp changes for fall could have been a cause as well.
I'm at edmonton, Alberta. It was 15-20 celsius here. And I maybe had 20 paintballs at the most come out of the barrel. Everything else broke in the breach. I tried the v35 with my MVP, shooting at 270-280's, on the lowest settings on the v35, and only broke a few.
DP Rev-i
DP Fusion X
Bob Long MVP
Macdev Clone GT
Old 10-14-2012, 10:43 AM #38
OLPB18

OLPB18 is attending Decay of Nations VII
OLPB18 supports DLX Technology
OLPB18 supports Empire
I have the NDZ bolt and rammer in my fx and it shoots straight up amazing. Combined with my stiffi mf barrel its super quiet and smooth.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:53 PM #39
learningxp

Can anyone tell me if the offset detents need to be trimmed when using it with the TechT hush bolt?
DP Rev-i
DP Fusion X
Bob Long MVP
Macdev Clone GT
Old 10-20-2012, 08:51 PM #40
learningxp

Also! Um. Am I able to do anything for the gun to make it easier one brittle paint?
DP Rev-i
DP Fusion X
Bob Long MVP
Macdev Clone GT
Old 11-11-2012, 04:39 PM #41
CBH417

CBH417 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CBH417 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CBH417 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quick question: Do the FX that retailers are selling now, such as ansgear, have the "new" detents in them?
CBH417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:04 PM #42
JUGGERNAUT69

JUGGERNAUT69 is for the Gunfight
JUGGERNAUT69 is for the Gunfight
JUGGERNAUT69 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
JUGGERNAUT69 supports DLX Technology
I think you have to call Dangerous Power Customer Services or go to thier websites. I read it from one of the thread here.

Past Gun: Tippmann(98,Project Salvo, A5, Phenom) Dangerous Power(FX, G5, Rev-i, G3 iQ, Threshold, G4) Spyder Fenix, Smart Parts SP1 & Shocker NXT Octane, Vanguard Creed & Demon"RIPPER" GOG Excty, Phantom Pump, DLX Luxe 2.0
JUGGERNAUT69 is offline   Reply With Quote