PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-24-2012, 02:59 PM #1
brienpeppers

brienpeppers owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Setting my E2 eblade to 12.5 bps

Yo nation,

yesterday i pulled out my Karnivor with an E2 eblade and i need a little help setting it to 12.5 bps.

i used to have a program that told me what settings to change to set it at a given bps cap but i dont have it any longer. So if you guys could help me out on what settings to change to change it to 12.5 that would be awesome

thank you guys
brienpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2012, 03:11 PM #2
awwjeezitscrazy
Hinata <3

awwjeezitscrazy is a Supporting Member
awwjeezitscrazy plays in the APPA D4 division
awwjeezitscrazy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
awwjeezitscrazy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Originally Posted by Nicky T View Post
In order to comply with the new Millennium rule regarding gun firing modes, Eclipse markers should be configured as follows -

Ego 7 / Ego 8

1. Enter the Setup menu;
2. Select [PRESET] [LOAD] and choose the MILLEN option;
3. Select [MAX ROF] and set the value to 11.8*;
4. Select [OFF ROF] and set the value to 11.8*;
5. Select [RAMP SET] [KICK IN] and set the value to 6.0;
6. Select [RAMP SET] [SUSTAIN] and set the value to 6.0;
7. Select [PRESET] [SAVE] and choose the USER 1 option to save these settings for future use.
8. Exit the Setup menu;
9. Check the rate of fire on a league approved ROF meter.

Ego 5 / Ego 6

1. Enter the Setup menu;
2. Select [MODE] and choose the RAMP 3** option;
3. Select [ROF CAP] and set the value to 11.8*;
4. Select [OFF ROF] and set the value to 11.8*;
5. Exit the Setup menu;
6. Check the rate of fire on a league approved ROF meter.

Etek / Etek 2

1. Enter the Setup menu;
2. Select Firing Mode (red) and set the value to 05.0 (Ramp 3);
3. Select Maximum ROF (green) and set the value to 11.8*;
4. Select Maximum ROF with BBSS Disabled (blue) and set the value to 11.8*;
5. Exit the Setup menu;
6. Check the rate of fire on a league approved ROF meter.

Planet Eclipse no longer provides software updates for the eBlade platform, however the following may prove useful in setting these products up to be compliant

E2 / Zero B

1. Fit fresh batteries to the loader that will be used and set the loader speed as required;
2. Enter the Setup menu;
3. Select [MODE] and choose the RAMP 3** option;
4. Set the COFF parameter to 40ms;
5. Enable the breech sensor;
6. Shoot the gun so that it ramps and measure the ROF on a rate of fire meter;
7. Adjust the COFF parameter and repeat 6 until the ROF is 11.8bps* (increasing COFF reduces ROF);
8. Check that CDELAY + CON + COFF is greater than 84ms and if not then increase CON;
9. Exit the Setup menu;
10. Check the rate of fire on a league approved ROF meter.

E1 (eBlade)
1. Fit fresh batteries to the loader that will be used and set the loader speed as required;
2. Enter the Setup menu;
3. Set the COFF parameter to 40ms;
4. Enable the breech sensor;
5. Shoot the gun as quickly as you can and measure the ROF on a rate of fire meter;
6. Adjust the COFF parameter and repeat 5 until the ROF is 11.8bps* (increasing COFF reduces ROF);
7. Check that CDELAY + CON + COFF is greater than 84ms and if not then increase CON;
8. Exit the Setup menu;

*The rate of fire settings on Egos are accurate however not all rate of fire meters will read the same. We recommend that guns be set on the safe side of the legal limit. The difference between 11.8 and 12.0bps is only 1 extra ball every 59 shots!

**If your software does not have the RAMP 3 option then it will be necessary to upgrade your software to the latest version.

I hope that this information helps anyone playing (or training for) events that utilise 2008 Millennium Rules.

Thanks,

Nicky T
Old 09-24-2012, 03:36 PM #3
brienpeppers

thank you for your help but i guess i should have been more specific. I have an eblade on a WGP Karnivor. I need it to be PSP legal. I know i have to adjust the setting under Timing (sear on, C delay, C/t out, and C off), but i am not sure exactly where to start and what values these need to be set at.

im not an autococker expert, i always got my father to help me with this stuff but he isn't where he can help me at the moment. so please excuse if i say anything that is incorrect involving autococker settings.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:41 PM #4
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
You want specific settings? Sorry, can't help you there. There is an equation floating around somewhere... it escapes me at the moment.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:49 PM #5
cww516
clever text goes here

cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Look in the manual for the particulars, but what it boils down to is 1000 / (CDEL + CON + COFF) = ROF, assuming your eyes are off. With the eyes on, I *think* CON can be overridden the same way CTO is (the gun waits for CTO ms or until it sees a ball), so base your settings on an official ROF counter, not on the math.

As far as what to change, I've had decent luck with increasing COFF only, but if you start having missed shots (think that only happened when I capped it to 12.5 in semi, actually), try upping CON as well.
cww516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:42 PM #6
brienpeppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cww516 View Post
Look in the manual for the particulars, but what it boils down to is 1000 / (CDEL + CON + COFF) = ROF, assuming your eyes are off. With the eyes on, I *think* CON can be overridden the same way CTO is (the gun waits for CTO ms or until it sees a ball), so base your settings on an official ROF counter, not on the math.

As far as what to change, I've had decent luck with increasing COFF only, but if you start having missed shots (think that only happened when I capped it to 12.5 in semi, actually), try upping CON as well.
awesome. i took this advice to the chrono and had it shooting perfect in about 15 mins. no idea where my manual is so i had to search the web for a bit to get a correct manual but thank you for your advice
Old 09-25-2012, 03:51 PM #7
dbkid0486

Annual Supporting Member
I know you said you got it but here it is for PSP just in case

Originally Posted by Nicky T

PSP

Planet Eclipse no longer provides software updates for the eBlade platform, however the following may prove useful in setting these products up to be compliant

E2 / Zero B

2. Enter the Setup menu;
3. Select [MODE] and choose the RAMP 1 or PSP option;
4. Set the COFF parameter to 40ms;
5. Enable the breech sensor;
6. Shoot the gun so that it ramps and measure the ROF on a rate of fire meter;
7. Adjust the COFF parameter and repeat 6 until the ROF is 13.0bps* (increasing COFF reduces ROF);
8. Check that CDELAY + CON + COFF is greater than 77ms and if not then increase CON;
9. Exit the Setup menu;
10. Check the rate of fire on a league approved ROF meter.

E1 (eBlade)
2. Enter the Setup menu;
3. Set the COFF parameter to 40ms;
4. Enable the breech sensor;
5. Shoot the gun as quickly as you can and measure the ROF on a rate of fire meter;
6. Adjust the COFF parameter and repeat 5 until the ROF is 13.0bps* (increasing COFF reduces ROF);
7. Check that CDELAY + CON + COFF is greater than 77ms and if not then increase CON;
8. Exit the Setup menu;

*The rate of fire settings on Egos are accurate however not all rate of fire meters will read the same. We recommend that guns be set on the safe side of the legal limit. The difference between 13.0 and 13.33bps is only 1 extra ball every 39 shots!

I hope that the above information assists those playing (and training for) tournaments that utilise the 2008 PSP rules.

Nicky T

ClosedBoltBallers
dbkid0486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:01 PM #8
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

raise the c-off or c-del settings and check the ROF screen untill it reads 12 bps.

every gun is a little different so your settings may differ slightly from someone elses gun or what a guide tells you.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:49 PM #9
Joehunk

Joehunk owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Joehunk plays in the APPA beginner division
I am just about to get my E2 board back upgraded to 1.20, and I had a question about ramp settings. The setup procedure above is easy enough to follow, but it raised a few questions in my head, that I wondered if anyone could answer:

1. Am I to understand that he E2 has no way to cap RoF at all? The procedure makes it sound like you pretty much have to manually tune it based on how fast your loader is, and hope it doesn't decide to shoot faster than that when a judge has it over the RoF meter. Am I understanding that right?

2. It seems like what you really want to do is be able to tell the E2: "leave the cocking solenoid open for at least N milliseconds, even if the eye says you're ready to close" or even better "never fire faster than N bps." Am I to understand that neither of these is possible?

3. If I understand the above two points properly, what about just running with the eye off? Tune it so that CDEL + CON + COFF = desired RoF and just trust your loader to feed that fast. Most modern loaders will feed 12.5 bps in their sleep. This way you know you have constant RoF. Not to mention I don't like turning COFF up since that limits semi-auto RoF and seems like it would make the marker fire slower before it started ramping.
Joehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:03 PM #10
Joehunk

Joehunk owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Joehunk plays in the APPA beginner division
By the way, after fiddling with my gun after getting it upgraded to 1.20, I found out several things. First of all, RoF in ramp mode is hard capped to 15 bps, which is of course not much help for PSP. To set it down, you have to increase the COFF time and measure the RoF until you get under the desired BPS. You have to measure it for your exact gun because the value depends on your physical setup as well as your other settings such as CDEL and the eye filter settings.

I measured ROF by recording myself shooting with my cell phone and loading into Adobe Audition which can measure time between sound waveforms. It's pretty consistent, but to be safe I tuned it to 12 bps instead of right up to 12.5 to avoid penalties.

In my spare time I am working on firmware to allow you to set an RoF cap, but that has been slow going.
Joehunk is offline   Reply With Quote