PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-04-2012, 07:28 PM #1
Ryan10
Father of 3

Selling Broke PS3 Systems. Need Questions before doing so

Hey everyone. Ive had a weird week. Both of my ps3 systems are riddled with problems. My main PS3 system shut down itself while watching a movie(not even 5 minutes into it). Has a blinking red light now. Cant get it on to the main screen or a picture at all. My info is still in there.

My 2nd one. Its the one thats HARDLY been used. It was for upstairs but my wife never tocuhed it and Ill use it in once a blue moon. That system has a "static blip" on the screen. Its now being reformatted.

Before selling these, should I take out the hard drive? If not, will my information be at risk if the buyer who is a wizard can hack into it??? Any help would be great. Thanks guys!

My ps3 videos problems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLsBd...&feature=g-upl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXXVF...&feature=g-upl
Ryan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2012, 07:44 PM #2
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

the blinky red light and shutdown means its overheated....its pretty much toast. ive had a couple 60gb's do that.

i would imagine the buyer could still use whats on the hdd's unless they have to reformat it when they put it in something different. you can "deactivate" those systems if you call sony though, i think they can do it for you on their end with your account info, they do that anyway when you send one in and get a refurb back.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:15 PM #3
Ryan10
Father of 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
the blinky red light and shutdown means its overheated....its pretty much toast. ive had a couple 60gb's do that.

i would imagine the buyer could still use whats on the hdd's unless they have to reformat it when they put it in something different. you can "deactivate" those systems if you call sony though, i think they can do it for you on their end with your account info, they do that anyway when you send one in and get a refurb back.
Damn. Well I did head over to Sony PS3 Network website and signed in. Went to account management and saw that you can deactivate your systems. That I did. Is it safe to sell now?? Is that what you meant by deactivate?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 PM #4
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

im not exactly sure, what it does is deactivate your account on that system or something along those lines. so they wont have access to anything youve paid for like DLC and your account info......i think. might want to call and be sure.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:34 PM #5
Ryan10
Father of 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
im not exactly sure, what it does is deactivate your account on that system or something along those lines. so they wont have access to anything youve paid for like DLC and your account info......i think. might want to call and be sure.
I got online/chat help from PS3. Its all sorted out. Unfortunately, my systems(taken with great care) is shot : (

Thanks for your help.