Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 09:34 AM #1
doomsday57
 
 
doomsday57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
doomsday57 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
doomsday57 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Why does Ea ruin games

EA does nothing but make their games worse. For example everyone said most wanted was the greatest because you could customize your car in so many ways and since then its gotten less and less and even the new most wanted doesn't have it y EA? even if you upped the graphics and changed the cars to now and released basically the same game I would buy it. It would be that simple. Never mind what they did to the madden games and to battlefield 3
doomsday57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2012, 09:46 AM #2
big_scott
Has a good personality.
 
big_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
None of your complaints can be layed at EA's feet. They may suck, but those are all design decisions made by the developers.
__________________
big_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:55 AM #3
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite
 
dualimpact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 817
Annual Supporting Member
dualimpact helped look for balloons
What do you want us to do?
__________________
SIG
GOES
HERE
dualimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:50 AM #4
Ryan3773 (Banned)
PoopScooper
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualimpact
What do you want us to do?
Revolt!
Ryan3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:01 PM #5
Drex17
Valar Morghulis
 
Drex17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ilium, NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I'm not quite sure what is "ruined" about Madden or BF3?

BF3 might not be exactly what some people wanted, but that doesn't make it objectively a bad game.
__________________
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:52 PM #6
doomsday57
 
 
doomsday57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
doomsday57 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
doomsday57 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualimpact View Post
What do you want us to do?
Stop buying them and run them to the ground
doomsday57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:53 PM #7
doomsday57
 
 
doomsday57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
doomsday57 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
doomsday57 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
I'm not quite sure what is "ruined" about Madden or BF3?

BF3 might not be exactly what some people wanted, but that doesn't make it objectively a bad game.
Over the years madden isnt as good. BF3 was great then they started doing all these patches and premium crap the ruined it.
doomsday57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:13 PM #8
big_scott
Has a good personality.
 
big_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday57 View Post
Over the years madden isnt as good. BF3 was great then they started doing all these patches and premium crap the ruined it.
How did the patches and Premium ruin BF3? From the sound of it, you're qq'ing over something but can't form a good argument on your own so you're just spewing the same bull**** you read in the comments of some IGN article.
__________________
big_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:27 PM #9
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-
 
Rampager2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Texas
No, he has a valid point.

EA lied and deceived so much to make BF3 to look like the good guy on the market while Call of Duty ate flak for what they were saying.

Perfect example?

E3, when both games were announced. CoD was mentioning Elite, getting booed, etc. etc. But BF3 made no mention of the lack of VOIP, the fact that the game would be released with content to be released, and that they would, in fact, add a premium service to the game just like Elite.

EA pressured Dice into delivering the product the way it came. There have been a few talks on the internet about companies doing similar things. It is no new secret. Some of the blame falls on Dice, like the poor hit registration and the faulty optimization for lower computers. But a lot of what's wrong fell entirely on EA.

I mean, ****, how the hell can you market your game as the CoD killer, and NOT HAVE VOIP?!?

They spent too much time adapting to have a similar market strategy as CoD while doing the same bad things, but doing it in a less public manner. This disgusts me and I will sure as hell not be buying anymore EA games. BF3 was the last. Sorry DICE, I like you, but you need to find a new producer.

Sure, say I'm bashing. Say this is not EAs fault or how I'm crazy. I have been saying the same thing before release, after release before I played it, and after I played it. It's an alright game ruined by a greedy corporation that has killed its own following.

Sad. And I wanted BF3 to be the next UT2004 or CSS so bad.
__________________
Steam: N-Ur-Face
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Maktub

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:39 PM #10
big_scott
Has a good personality.
 
big_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
But he didn't say that it was bad at launch. He said it was ruined by patches. While I hate the way they only patch when they have a new expansion coming out, I wouldn't say any of the patches "ruined" the game.

And I seriously don't get why anyone has a problem with Premium, or COD Elite for that matter. Also, I think the reason EA didn't mention that they were going to implement Premium before the game launched is because they didn't know they were going to do it at the time.
__________________
big_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:38 PM #11
doomsday57
 
 
doomsday57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
doomsday57 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
doomsday57 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ok I have opinions and things ive seen i dont regurgitate things i read. Ive noticed that when flying things its harder to avoid being locked on, guns seem nurffed, they nurffed the frags but thats kinda alright. Also, il unload on someone, hit them 4 to six times then they kill me with these new guns and such its ridiculous!
doomsday57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:40 PM #12
doomsday57
 
 
doomsday57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
doomsday57 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
doomsday57 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
plus premium is a waste and the games coming are only marginally better and the half decent stuff that they have come out you have to pay for. Never mind the fact that you have to pay $10 to play online is just a bonus for them being money hungry. But i guess i read that somewhere too?
doomsday57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:16 PM #13
big_scott
Has a good personality.
 
big_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday57 View Post
plus premium is a waste and the games coming are only marginally better and the half decent stuff that they have come out you have to pay for. Never mind the fact that you have to pay $10 to play online is just a bonus for them being money hungry. But i guess i read that somewhere too?
I'm not even really sure what you are trying to say. How is premium a waste? If you are planning on getting all of the expansions anyway, you essentially get 5 DLC packs for about the price of 3, plus early access and the other little things like camos. As for the rest of your argument, I have no idea what you're talking about.
__________________
big_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:30 PM #14
doomsday57
 
 
doomsday57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
doomsday57 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
doomsday57 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
there should not be so much ridiculous additional content they're way to money hungry
doomsday57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:42 PM #15
Fuzzy R. McNuggs
yes
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
yea well suck it consumer
Fuzzy R. McNuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:52 PM #16
Drex17
Valar Morghulis
 
Drex17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ilium, NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday57 View Post
there should not be so much ridiculous additional content they're way to money hungry
So new maps, weapons, and vehicles is a BAD thing? Granted I preferred the old way of maps and such just being free, but I'd rather the option to buy additional content over no option at all.
__________________
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:52 PM #17
Fuzzy R. McNuggs
yes
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
paying for additional content isnt exactly new

we just called them expansion packs back in the day

and now theyre dlc
Fuzzy R. McNuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:47 PM #18
Sand6452
Lainway Sports Rep
 
Sand6452's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 845/570
Annual Supporting Member
Sand6452 plays in the PSP
Sand6452 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sand6452 is an NCPA player
Command and Conquer? Ruined my dreams a decade ago.
__________________
Lainway Sports
420 Lower Road Westtown NY 10998

Wilkes University Paintball
Sand6452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:40 AM #19
doomsday57
 
 
doomsday57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
doomsday57 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
doomsday57 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Well i feel the new guns just rip on me because i dont have them i look at them shoot they turn kill me in like two shots after i hit them like 4 times its ridiculous!
doomsday57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:15 AM #20
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-
 
Rampager2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
But he didn't say that it was bad at launch. He said it was ruined by patches. While I hate the way they only patch when they have a new expansion coming out, I wouldn't say any of the patches "ruined" the game.

And I seriously don't get why anyone has a problem with Premium, or COD Elite for that matter. Also, I think the reason EA didn't mention that they were going to implement Premium before the game launched is because they didn't know they were going to do it at the time.
I don't buy that. They knew they were going to implement the service. If they didn't for sure, they were in the final stages of confirming it. Either way, the early talk of map packs and all gives it away. Big corporations plan ahead. They would as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
I'm not even really sure what you are trying to say. How is premium a waste? If you are planning on getting all of the expansions anyway, you essentially get 5 DLC packs for about the price of 3, plus early access and the other little things like camos. As for the rest of your argument, I have no idea what you're talking about.
I'm sorry, again. Too many BF fanboys have bashed CoD for having elite for this argument to stand. While I don't mind Elite or Premium too much, BF fanboys flamed and flamed on CoD having this when it first came out.

The tone can't change now. It must stay the same.

I don't like either, and I will not support it. When the two recent big releases came out, Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2, I bought Torchlight. Why? Well, I'm sure Borderlands will be great. I'm sure it is. I'm not game for 5 $15 expansions. I'd rather buy it in 2 years for 75% off during a Steam sale. Torchlight 2, on the other hands, has open mod tools and actually PROMOTES people making mods for their game. They like to see what fans can do, and actually implemented some of the more common mods into TL2. The game is fun, the company is successful, and they have a loyal customer out of me.

Honestly, BF3 wasn't a bad game. It's alright. Graphics are great, gameplay is fun, and it's generally enjoyable to play. But no VOIP is unacceptable. That's entirely on the piece of **** we call Battlelog.
__________________
Steam: N-Ur-Face
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Maktub

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:21 AM #21
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
None of your complaints can be layed at EA's feet. They may suck, but those are all design decisions made by the developers.
Eh... Not so much. Publishers have a large say in telling the developers what they want. Remember, the publishers are the main source of financing for the developers. Having worked with developers for games like FEAR, Alice, Guild Wars, and some Valve employees, it was a big eye opener to see just how influential publishers can be. They set super tight guidelines for release dates, only to continuously tighten the dates which only helps them gain control on what is to be implemented and what is to be taken out or changed. For most developers, it is a constant struggle of power between them and the publishing company to create the game they want to make.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump