Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 09-24-2012, 05:10 AM #1
VPB-ChristianW
Virtue Paintball

VPB-ChristianW works for a Paintball manufacturer
VPB-ChristianW donated to help Peyton Trent
New Hopper by Virtue Paintball: The Spire

The Virtue Spire is the next generation in loader technology with a shot activated sensor, jam-proof feeding system and a tool-less design that can be taken apart and reassembled in seconds. Not only is the Spire an aggressive, lightweight, and compact design, but it also holds more paint than the leading competitors.

• Shot Activated G-Force Sensor Technology
• Simple Two-Step, Tool-less Disassembly
• Feeds Super Fragile Paint
• Ultra Fast, Never Jams
• True 200™ Capacity
• Lowest Profile in Paintball
• Long Battery Life
• Hassle Free Operation

The Spire is the first “non-aftermarket” product by Virtue, which allowed us to design and optimized the hardware and software from the ground up.

Fast and Jam-Proof Feeding
With an Intelligent Shot Activated G-Force sensor, the Spire sits at the top with the fastest feeding loaders in paintball, but speed doesn’t count for much unless a hopper can also feed reliably without jams. The Spring Loaded Anti-Jam Paddle seamlessly prevents jams by sliding underneath and pushing jams out of the way before a pause in feeding occurs.

High Capacity in a Small Package
Play with a smaller profile thanks to the vertically stacked gearbox and the unique angular shape of the Spire. By housing the gearbox in a vertical stack inside of the Spire Drive™, the Spire has the lowest height, and narrowest front profile in paintball. Not only that, but the Spire’s True 200™ rating is not just an optimistic product description--the Spire actually holds 200+ paintballs.

Fastest To Take Apart and Reassemble
Changing batteries, cleaning the hopper, and most importantly, putting it all back together again was never so easy. The Slide Lock Quick Release allows the back shell to be removed in less time than it takes to read this sentence. From there, all of the Spire internals are mounted on an internal tray, which is quickly removed with the slide of the convenient Tray Release Tab.

Soft on Brittle Paint
If the gun can shoot it, the Spire’s Flex Cycle will feed it. The Flex Cycle’s rubber arms have a soft touch, which feeds brittle paint with ease. The Spire has been tested successfully on high end tournament paints so brittle they break when dropped from knee height!

Monitor Paint Levels at a Single Glance
Never start a game with less than a full loader, and stop wasting precious time opening the lid to see how much paint is left during crucial moments. A translucent backshell allows the shooter to quickly view paint levels in a single glance, without revealing how much paint is in the loader to everyone else.

High Performance That’s Easy to Use
Reload with ease thanks to the extra large wide mouth lid. Breathe a sigh of relief with the simple “on/off” operation, featuring self-optimizing motor logic. This means more time playing on the field without fiddling with settings. But die-hard tweakers don’t worry, as the Spire still has some adjustable settings for those who prefer to tinker.

Durable Construction
The Spire front and bottom shells are made of rugged glass-filled nylon, while the back shell is made from impact modified lexan.

Quick Change Speed Feed
The Optional Spire Crown2 comes with its own built-in hinged lid for easy bag-reloading in the pits with a secure snap fit. When those rain clouds make an appearance, the Spire Crown2 Quick Release back shell allows for changing back and forth from Speed Feed to Lid in mere seconds.

Key Features
• Tool-less Disassembly: Slide Lock Quick Release Button for easy, tool-less disassembly.
• Flex Cycle Paddle: Rubber Flex Cycle allows the Spire to feed even the most brittle paint.
• Spring Loaded Anti-jam Drive: Slides underneath and pushes jams out of the way before they occur.
• Shot Activated Sensor: Intelligent G-Force Sensor isolates and detects acceleration from each shot.
• Aggressive Low Profile Styling: Adds approx. 4” of height to the gun as a result of spacing saving with the vertically stacked gearbox.
• Single Tray Internal Construction: All of the Spire internals are attached to a single tray for easy removal.
• Transparent Back Shell: View paint levels in a single glance without showing everyone else.
• True 200™ Capacity: High ball capacity holds 200+ paintballs.
• Self-Optimizing Motor: Monitors motor torque and the G-force sensor to optimize performance.
• Quick Change Speed feed: Optional Crown2 changes back and forth from Speed Feed to Lid in seconds.
• Wide Mouth Lid: Huge lid opening for easy reloading.
• Extremely Tough Shells: Front, Bottom & Back Shells made from reinforced, impact modified materials.
• Internally Sorting Spire Drive: Spire shaped drive funnels and feeds paint, while reducing stack pressure.
• Reball Ready: Works with most Reballs™ and other branded reusable paintballs.
• Internal Dampening Cushion: Internal pad protects fragile paint from impacts in the front of the shell caused by running or diving and also reduces sound.
• Electronic Force Feed Button: Press the LED cover to manually force the Spire to spin.
• Adjustable Settings: Speaker, LED control, Standby, Sensitivity, and Factory Reset.
• Water Resistant Electronics: Conformal coated electronics protect the circuitry from moisture and paint.
• Audible, Instant-on: Push button on/off with audible speaker feedback.
• Long Battery Life: Ultra long battery life from 3 AA batteries.

Specifications
• CAPACITY: 200+
• BATTERIES: 3 AA
• LENGTH: 9″
• WIDTH: 4″
• HEIGHT: 4″
• WEIGHT: 16.5oz
• WARRANTY: 90 Days
• COLORS: Black or White
• Patent Pending
VPB-ChristianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:26 AM #2
ThePuget

why restart tread?
ThePuget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:34 AM #3
Swantonbomboy

Annual Supporting Member
Swantonbomboy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Swantonbomboy plays in the PSP
Swantonbomboy plays in the APPA D4 division
Swantonbomboy is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePuget View Post
why restart tread?
post count got too high in the other thread so the system automatically created a new one.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 AM #4
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
New thread smell.

Original thread is here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3842812
John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:11 AM #5
Jestersss
Texas!

cant wait to pick one up
Jestersss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:27 AM #6
Kazer

Kazer supports DLX Technology
Lot's of discussion on this product. I have a feeling I will see a good number of these on the field at cup.
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:02 AM #7
thecody

thecody plays in the PSP
thecody plays in the APPA D3 division
Smile

Great loader been using it for two weeks and have not had one single jam. Was using some crappy field paint this past weekend the balls were swelling up bad from the heat and rotors were jamming all day. Not one single spire jammed all day and we have three people on me team that use spires.

Last edited by thecody : 09-24-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: grammar
thecody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:46 AM #8
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm very impressed with the Spires - great loader and sits nice and low on my Geo3 which is a plus for me

Nicky T

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:16 AM #9
frost1235
Terminal Lance

frost1235 plays in the PSP
frost1235 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frost1235 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
frost1235 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky T View Post
I'm very impressed with the Spires - great loader and sits nice and low on my Geo3 which is a plus for me

Nicky T
Does this mean the slogan "Eclipse approved!"
Can be stamped on my spire to make my gear a full Eclipse package?

Thanks for the love!
frost1235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:28 PM #10
Mr. Red
CO2 Extraordinaire

Mr. Red has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Looks like a jet ski. I like it.
Mr. Red is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:20 PM #11
VanCityZen
Enter The Void

VanCityZen is playing at Living Legends V
VanCityZen has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Put a case of Ultra Evil through mine at practice yesterday, plus some older tournament paint, no jams, no breaks, no issues. I am really impressed with the quality of this loader as well, well thought out and built. Need to break in the speedfeed though, little stiff at this point.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:11 PM #12
JRizEJ6

JRizEJ6 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
my buddy has one and im picking one up during nppl vegas. one thing i noticed is that white tray inside is already stained on my buddys spire. not a big deal to me since its inside the loader and cant be seen normally. but, what about the exterior shell of the white spire? is it as prone to stains as the tray?
JRizEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:14 PM #13
SageScout
R.E.D

Awesome loader.....I love mine...Got a solid 17bps off my fingers.... Thats fast enough. I love that the lid feed is quite wide, a shame they didn't make the speed feed mouth that wide...
Old 09-24-2012, 11:57 PM #14
disturbed989
gun whore addict

Annual Supporting Member
disturbed989 is BST Legit
disturbed989 supports Team VICIOUS
disturbed989 supports Bob Gurnsey
disturbed989 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
disturbed989 is Boss
disturbed989 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRizEJ6 View Post
my buddy has one and im picking one up during nppl vegas. one thing i noticed is that white tray inside is already stained on my buddys spire. not a big deal to me since its inside the loader and cant be seen normally. but, what about the exterior shell of the white spire? is it as prone to stains as the tray?
Bleach and a rag will clean it right up. Soap and water works most of the time though.
disturbed989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:26 AM #15
jgill07

jgill07 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jgill07 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Can someone who has modded their spire so the epic speedfeed (rotor version) fits their spire, post up here how they did it? Thanks!

Also, Christian, Im getting the issue noted where I get the red light and spinning basically non-stop when the spire is full with paint (until I reach in and hold the spire until it stops). Im using brand new energy batteries. Whats the easiest/best fix for this?

and despite the above minor issues, I still prefer the spire over my occassionally-jamming rotor fyi.
Thx to the generous support of CC Paintball, the RPL, Camp Pendleton Paintball Park
https://www.facebook.com/SoCalStealth

Last edited by jgill07 : 09-25-2012 at 10:58 AM.
jgill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:17 AM #16
Vissa
Vaporized!

Vissa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Isn't that normal that the Spire always spins and search for paint when there is nothing? Mine does the same but no issues. As long as it's stopping when paint is fed in.

I'm going to mod an Exalt speedfeed on it this week. Should be a lot better!
Vissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:00 AM #17
godraep
FapAttackV.1

godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill07 View Post
Can someone who has modded their spire so the epic speedfeed (rotor version) fits their spire? Thanks!

Also, Christian, Im getting the issue noted where I get the red light and spinning basically non-stop (until I reach in and hold the spire until it stops). Im using brand new energy batteries. Whats the easiest/best fix for this?

and despite the above minor issues, I still prefer the spire over my occassionally-jamming rotor fyi.
Call virtue, get an almost immediate response.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:51 AM #18
battmanMA

Annual Supporting Member
battmanMA owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
battmanMA has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Finally saw one of these in person at the field last week and I must say I was impressed. It was working flawlessly and I really liked the smoked window on the back.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:57 AM #19
ROCKNROLLA

ROCKNROLLA plays in the PSP
ROCKNROLLA plays in the APPA D4 division
ROCKNROLLA supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill07 View Post
Can someone who has modded their spire so the epic speedfeed (rotor version) fits their spire? Thanks!

Also, Christian, Im getting the issue noted where I get the red light and spinning basically non-stop (until I reach in and hold the spire until it stops). Im using brand new energy batteries. Whats the easiest/best fix for this?

I was having the same problem. The spire is pretty finicky with batteries. I was using rayovacs and only getting about 800 shots off my spire. Now im using the duracell procells and I get alot more shots off of the spire. The reason it doesent stop spinning is because when there is low batteries the sensor cannot detect the paintballs in the stack I believe.

GEARBAG SALE!!!

2 Luxe 2.0's and a 2k2 dragon FS/FT
ROCKNROLLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:42 PM #20
bonusball024

bonusball024 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I've noticed when my spire spins like that if I push the force feed button on the back it will stop spinning as soon as there is detected tension.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:48 PM #21
Bobafetz

Bobafetz plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageScout View Post
Awesome loader.....I love mine...Got a solid 17bps off my fingers.... Thats fast enough. I love that the lid feed is quite wide, a shame they didn't make the speed feed mouth that wide...
So True about the speed feed!! and its a bit stiff. im going to try to move some of the fingers around on mine so the paint can go in easier towards the top of the speed feed. other than that, i have had it since the day it came out and i love. the rest of my team has actually been told they have to get one since the captain liked mine so much!! hahaha
Bobafetz is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.