PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-16-2013, 06:20 PM #1
Loths

Smile Paintballs for Hot Humid Weather

Hi to all!

This is my first post in this forum. I have done my research on the material posted, and have not found something related to my questions.

I am searching for the appropiate Paintball to use in Hot and Humid Central America.

Mainly will be for Woodsball and MilSim.

Here we have most common brand. One very popular brand is Meteor by ThinkBig Paintball.

Is a hard shell thick filling with retains is shape. It has great travel trajectory, the most straigth line that I have seen here. It is very useful for Woodsball. The only drawback is that is something bounces (due to the hard shell).

I am looking for other options. I guess what ever is suitable for Florida will work down here.

The rigth paintball will be one that retains its round shape in order to have best flight trajectory, and when it reaches its target, it breaks, with a good filing that marks well.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Loths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2013, 08:09 PM #2
buLLetprooF_EBJ
JBE

I dont know of any Paintballs that are specifically made for humid weather. Any Paintball that is left out in the humidity for a period of time will start to expand. We get humid weather here in NY too, im sure its not as extreme as Florida though. I just overbore.
buLLetprooF_EBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:54 AM #3
Loths

Thanks for the reply, is true what you say, and adding, some paintballs are more susceptible than others. For example, the think big meteor paintball are really resistant to the elements. I am playing in Central America, panama, and those are the paintballs of voice for Woodsball. Yet I am searching for other options, can anyone share some thoughts?
Old 05-17-2013, 04:00 PM #4
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
ThinkBig isn't a brand i'm aware of here in the US. It is good to hear someone is making and selling paintballs locally, it would be expensive to have paint imported to Panama.

Best advice is to keep your paint in a cooler with some desiccant packets. Desiccants keep stuff dry, but i don't know if they are widely used outside of the US. If you ever see those white packets inside a bag of beef jerky, or inside a brand new leather bag, and it says DO NOT EAT all over it, those are desiccants. They suck up moisture. Valken, a brand up here, ships all their paint with a desiccant packet in each bag.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:50 PM #5
Loths

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
ThinkBig isn't a brand i'm aware of here in the US. It is good to hear someone is making and selling paintballs locally, it would be expensive to have paint imported to Panama.

Best advice is to keep your paint in a cooler with some desiccant packets. Desiccants keep stuff dry, but i don't know if they are widely used outside of the US. If you ever see those white packets inside a bag of beef jerky, or inside a brand new leather bag, and it says DO NOT EAT all over it, those are desiccants. They suck up moisture. Valken, a brand up here, ships all their paint with a desiccant packet in each bag.
Thanks for the reply. ThinkBig Paintball is a manufacure in Korea. THe paintball are good, the come really well package and have dessicant bag on each pouch!

I have tried the paintball from empire: Heat and Premiun, and also HotBox, and none seem to perform like the Meteor on a woodsball game with a x7 Tippman wiht Appex 2. The diference ins range and accuricy is dramatic.

I am looking for other options that will work in our geographical region. Any suggestions?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:08 AM #6
murkr
HE'S USING AN AIMBOT!

Annual Supporting Member
murkr is playing at Living Legends VI
murkr is playing at Living Legends VII
murkr owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
murkr is attending Decay of Nations VII
murkr supports DLX Technology
murkr supports Empire
i use RPS premium and i live in florida. thats what my field offers for high quality
murkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:46 AM #7
PAINT LOGIC
USAF

PAINT LOGIC owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
PAINT LOGIC supports Team VICIOUS
PAINT LOGIC plays in the APPA D5 division
If I'm playing on a hot and humid day I'll usually bring a cooler and keep my case in that to keep it out of the heat...

flickr
PAINT LOGIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:21 PM #8
Loths

Empire Premiun

Quote:
Originally Posted by murkr View Post
i use RPS premium and i live in florida. thats what my field offers for high quality
HI, thanks for reply. I have use Empire Premiun and spheres were either oval, or had dimples, or other type of misshape. Te Flight trayecotry was not straight.

I have also seen that if expose to elements (90 F and 100% humidity) is looses is consistency fairly quickly.

looking for the apropriate paintball for high heat and humidity.

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2013, 01:23 PM #9
Loths

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAINT LOGIC View Post
If I'm playing on a hot and humid day I'll usually bring a cooler and keep my case in that to keep it out of the heat...
cool idea to preserve the paintball.

Lookking for the paintball that is resiliant to this conditions! ANy comments?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:18 PM #10
murkr
HE'S USING AN AIMBOT!

Annual Supporting Member
murkr is playing at Living Legends VI
murkr is playing at Living Legends VII
murkr is attending Decay of Nations VII
murkr supports DLX Technology
murkr supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loths View Post
HI, thanks for reply. I have use Empire Premiun and spheres were either oval, or had dimples, or other type of misshape. Te Flight trayecotry was not straight.

I have also seen that if expose to elements (90 F and 100% humidity) is looses is consistency fairly quickly.

looking for the apropriate paintball for high heat and humidity.

Thanks!
yeah actually your right, i just looked and some are oval shaped almost. man that sucks. this is the premium paint my field offers, do fields usually stick with the same paint? i wonder if they will change it anytime soon, i guess ill have to ask.
murkr is offline   Reply With Quote