PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-23-2012, 08:16 PM #1
unsungballer

unsungballer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Etek 4 rubbed off

So today was the second day using my etek 4 and the the name of the gun rubbed off with paint. Im talking about the etek 4's that are each side of the rammer housing. Has this happened to anybody else? It kind of makes me upset that this happened on a new marker.
unsungballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2012, 04:53 AM #2
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Hi,

Presumably you are talking about the logos on either side of the marker body.

If so, register your marker for warranty via: https://warranty.planeteclipse.com/site/signin and then contact Gerry Bates in our Rhode Island Office on either (401) 2479061 or gerry.b@planeteclipse.com and he will gladly send you out some replacements asap.

Kindest regards,

Nicky T

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:15 PM #3
unsungballer

Yes thats what I was talking about. I registered my warranty so I will try to get them replaced. Thanks so much for the help
Old 09-26-2012, 12:32 PM #4
trasig

trasig owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
anyway to register a etek 4 warranty when i throwed out the box? dident know the serial was on the white box lol
trasig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:43 PM #5
Royalracing8

Royalracing8 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Royalracing8 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
the serial is stamped under the back cap above the grips

LNIB V3 MINI CHEAPPP

Hunter Geo2.1 Perfection
Royalracing8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:37 PM #6
p8ntshoota
Eclipse Tech Support

p8ntshoota is a Supporting Member
p8ntshoota works for a Paintball manufacturer
p8ntshoota owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by trasig View Post
anyway to register a etek 4 warranty when i throwed out the box? dident know the serial was on the white box lol
You can register the Serial Number stamped into the body directly below the Ram Cap.

You can go onto the following link and use our Electronic Registration form...

https://warranty.planeteclipse.com/site/signin

Use step 2 if you have never registered a marker with us before.

I Love that it takes longer to open a package for a repair on an Ego than it takes to actually fix the gun!

For the Love of Paintball....Use OILon the rammer!

If you THINK you're a Super Hero...You're NOT! SLIDE RIGHT!!!

Last edited by p8ntshoota : 10-01-2012 at 12:41 PM.
p8ntshoota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:52 PM #7
d0u8l3m

Yea the same thing happened to mine with both the etek 4 logos and the Planet eclipse logo on the ASA i wish the stickers were like the AM ones with the plastic on top because even if they send me new stickers without the plastic overlay there isnt anything to prevent it from happening again.
d0u8l3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:41 PM #8
p8ntshoota
Eclipse Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0u8l3m View Post
Yea the same thing happened to mine with both the etek 4 logos and the Planet eclipse logo on the ASA i wish the stickers were like the AM ones with the plastic on top because even if they send me new stickers without the plastic overlay there isnt anything to prevent it from happening again.
Could you please email me with pictures of your marker...along with the details of your shipping information so that I can send you out some replacements? I have checked the Etek4's that are on the shelves...and all of the body jewels are adhered into a recessed area so that they sit Below the surface of the body.

I am quite surprised to hear you say that ALL of yours have "rubbed off". I would like to see the pictures so that I can perhaps see a reason behind it.

email me at: gerry.b@planeteclipse.com

I'll sort you out...but want to see the photos if you don't mind.

Thanks

Gerry

I Love that it takes longer to open a package for a repair on an Ego than it takes to actually fix the gun!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:35 AM #9
d0u8l3m

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntshoota View Post
Could you please email me with pictures of your marker...along with the details of your shipping information so that I can send you out some replacements? I have checked the Etek4's that are on the shelves...and all of the body jewels are adhered into a recessed area so that they sit Below the surface of the body.

I am quite surprised to hear you say that ALL of yours have "rubbed off". I would like to see the pictures so that I can perhaps see a reason behind it.

email me at: gerry.b@planeteclipse.com

I'll sort you out...but want to see the photos if you don't mind.

Thanks

Gerry
Im totally fine with sending you pictures however putting "rubbed off" in quotes implying something like i scratched them off on purpose or something really urks me. Yes while the stickers are resessed that dosnt prevent them from touching anything. I wipe my gun down after every practice i have with my team. Thats the only thing i can think of that might be a cause, but even with that i dont sit there and try to clean the stickers, i give the whole gun body a good wipe ONLY with my microfiber. Like i said the stickers on my gun are like the AM ones without the plastic overlay the stickers look like metallic pieces with black ink on top and the "ink" isnt 100% bonded to the actual sticker. I will email you pics, but i dont know how to explain it in greater detail really. I feel like if they were made the same way as the AM ones with the plastic on top you would never have such an issue.
d0u8l3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:42 AM #10
p8ntshoota
Eclipse Tech Support

Quote:
Im totally fine with sending you pictures however putting "rubbed off" in quotes implying something like i scratched them off on purpose or something really urks me. Yes while the stickers are resessed that dosnt prevent them from touching anything. I wipe my gun down after every practice i have with my team. Thats the only thing i can think of that might be a cause, but even with that i dont sit there and try to clean the stickers, i give the whole gun body a good wipe ONLY with my microfiber. Like i said the stickers on my gun are like the AM ones without the plastic overlay the stickers look like metallic pieces with black ink on top and the "ink" isnt 100% bonded to the actual sticker. I will email you pics, but i dont know how to explain it in greater detail really. I feel like if they were made the same way as the AM ones with the plastic on top you would never have such an issue.
Please don't take it the wrong way...I wasn't implying anything of the sort. I've just never seen it...so was simply looking for pictures so that I can have a look without you needing to send the gun in is all.

As I indicated...I am happy to sort you out...I would just like to see some photos so that I can possible relay that information to our suppliers and perhaps avoid having this happen in the future.

Thanks

Gerry

Old 01-21-2013, 03:24 AM #11
unsungballer

Quote:
yeah i've had the same issue with new replacement stickers I was sent as well and it seems that the problem is the ink is not well adhered to it and when paint gets on them the ink comes off fairly easy
Old 01-21-2013, 12:16 PM #12
tauntedmonster
Can you hear ** now?

tauntedmonster is a Supporting Member
tauntedmonster helped look for balloons
I noticed mine have started doing the same thing. I have tried to be careful with them but it seems like the paint just dissolves the ink or something. I'll register the warranty if I haven't already so I can keep a couple fresh ones around.
tauntedmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:51 PM #13
Etek4
Pump it up!

Etek4 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Etek4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Etek4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Etek4 supports Empire
I have actually have had the right hand sticker fallen off the gun and my logo is starting to wipe off aswell ><
Etek4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:02 AM #14
LarsUlrich13
Illusion Paintball

LarsUlrich13 is playing at Living Legends VI
LarsUlrich13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LarsUlrich13 is for the Gunfight
LarsUlrich13 supports DLX Technology
This is happening to mine too! Here are pictures of my etek 4 LT. Both Sides

http://gyazo.com/687fbeafc5282cd6251...png?1363186880

Last edited by LarsUlrich13 : 03-13-2013 at 10:03 AM. Reason: forgot to mention it happened on both sides.
LarsUlrich13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:52 PM #15
ALeoN WoLF

Same thing happened to my Etek 4 LT! The ones on the ASA and on the marker body as well. I got replacements from Planet Eclipse but those rubbed off as well. What a shame, 500 dollars damn!
Old 07-30-2013, 03:32 AM #16
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Unbeknown to us a small number of Etek4 badges were not sealed properly. We have addressed the issue with the suppliers and received replacements jewels. If you require replacements then please contact your local Eclipse Service Centre who will gladly forward them onto you.

Nicky T

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Old 07-30-2013, 08:08 AM #17
ALeoN WoLF

And the jewels we re buy or are they given to us?
Old 08-08-2013, 09:26 PM #18
SecRet Asian Man 718

same issue with mine. i have shot less than 3 cases through it an the lt jewel nd etek 4 jewel have rubbed off almost completely on the left side of the marker. seems as if u have paint splash it effects the jewels whenever u wipe the splash off
SecRet Asian Man 718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:50 AM #19
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALeoN WoLF View Post
And the jewels we re buy or are they given to us?
They would be provided free of charge.

Nicky T

Old 08-10-2013, 08:39 AM #20
Snooba

Snooba owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Snooba plays in the APPA beginner division
Had both jewels replaced on mine 2 weeks ago.
Got hit by some unknown brand of paint that took the print right off, local agent replaced mine for a small fee (approx $3)
DP G5
Angel A1
Angel Euro Speed
Armson Semi
Snooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:05 PM #21
orrscores

orrscores owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
orrscores has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
orrscores has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
mine too

fresh out of the box mine was lifting!!! wtf