PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-23-2012, 01:32 PM #1
NegativeD

MR100 Need help with upgrades.

Hi everyone,

I just started playing paintball this year and for my first marker I went with the spyder mr100. I love the gun a-lot!!! I have been playing paintball almost every Sunday since June. I haven't had any problems with the gun so far (as far as chopping or any other technical issues). I only had like 2-3 breaks out of all the times iv been playing.

The items that I got for my marker is as follow:
1. Halo Too hopper
2. 16" one piece proto barrel and a 18" two piece barrel
3. Ninja 48/3000 air tank
4. Extreme Rage remote coil
5. And I just ordered a Kingman Electronic Trigger Frame

I'm Really a big fan of scenario, recreational, and woodsball. I have been playing a little bit of speed ball but its not my type of sport....yet. The reason why I brought up this forum was to ask about any Internal or external upgrades that anyone can recommend for this marker. I have been looking online for bolts, regulators, valves, ASA adapters, or feeders. I looked up online and I have seen some items that fall under the category of kingman spyder upgrades but I'm not sure which one to choose from or which one will fit in my marker.

I've been told many times to just buy a new and better gun instead of spending money on upgrades so please try to refrain by not posting that suggestion.

Thanks
NegativeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-23-2012, 09:18 PM #2
Lawpass

Lawpass has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You got me looking at the mr100 design (I used to have a mr1 to compare it to) and I like what they've done. Sorry to say that I don't think you'll find a better bolt or valve, and it looks like they changed the springs, so probably a spring kit is not going to be easy to find either. Trinity makes a aluminum clamping feedneck, that might be worth it if the stock one feels like it isn't going to last, I liked their mr1version for sure. You could also replace the Asa with any on/off one (doesnt have to be spyder specific) but really that's just another couple of orings to worry about. If you really want a reg, you could also look for a bottomline regulator, that would probably be easier than finding an inline adapter that fits and covers those holes that the grip use. But really, I have to agree that one of the neat things about the gun is its simplicity, so I vote feed neck and better paint to take care of the breaks
Oh and i'd suggest trying to borrow someone's apex barrel tip sometime, some people would count that as a must have woods ball upgrade depending on your style of play.
Lawpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:04 PM #3
NegativeD

Thanks Lawpass on the insight, I too have came to the conclusion that there isn't much to upgrade the mr100 (yet?) with. I saw the Apex barrel tip so many times and its amazing what it can do in woods ball, i deff have that on my wishlist. A feedneck will be a great upgrade, I would rather have a clamping feed neck to be honest instead of the stock one that comes with the gun. I just wanted to know if anyone has any recommendations on upgrades or know a few that will work with the gun.
NegativeD is offline   Reply With Quote