Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2012, 07:56 AM #1
Eudaemon87
 
 
Eudaemon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
New to DC

Hey everyone,
I just moved here last week and I'm looking for a nice rec field to play on. Also, are there any fields in the area that I can get to using public transit or will I need to befriend someone with a car first?

Thanks for the help!
__________________
Fast is fine but accuracy is final. You must learn to be slow in a hurry.
-Wyatt Earp
Eudaemon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 AM #2
spsmag242
Release Your Inner Trevis
 
spsmag242's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ashton, Maryland
Annual Supporting Member
spsmag242 plays in the PSP
spsmag242 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudaemon87 View Post
Hey everyone,
I just moved here last week and I'm looking for a nice rec field to play on. Also, are there any fields in the area that I can get to using public transit or will I need to befriend someone with a car first?

Thanks for the help!
Gona need a Friend.... But lots of fields to choose from. Are you downtown DC or the berbs?
spsmag242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:03 AM #3
Eudaemon87
 
 
Eudaemon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
I'm in DC near the columbia heights metro.
__________________
Fast is fine but accuracy is final. You must learn to be slow in a hurry.
-Wyatt Earp
Eudaemon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:24 AM #4
spsmag242
Release Your Inner Trevis
 
spsmag242's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ashton, Maryland
Annual Supporting Member
spsmag242 plays in the PSP
spsmag242 plays in the APPA D3 division
4 basic Shows in town all have thier Ups and Downs.....

Pevs Paintball in Aldie, VA is probably the closest to you. Descent walk on crowd and great clean facility. biggest drawback is its a little pricey. Mabe 45min- 1hour drive.

Paintball Adventures Park in Taneytown, MD. Big tournament scene here. Definitely have there fair share of walk on's too though. This place had fair pricing and is probably the busiest of all 4. 1 hour and 15 min drive.

Southern Maryland Paintball in Newburg, Md. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. If you are looking for more of a personal and friendly environment this is the place to be. My personal favorite . 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 min drive.

Outdoor Extreme Chesapeake City. Huge Facility with endless amounts of stuff to play on. Great place to participate in a scenario. Lots of cool rec ball fields. A little bit of a drive for you though. Probably like 2 hours or a little more.

Hope that helped....
spsmag242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:27 AM #5
Eudaemon87
 
 
Eudaemon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
awesome! thanks for the help.
__________________
Fast is fine but accuracy is final. You must learn to be slow in a hurry.
-Wyatt Earp
Eudaemon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:21 PM #6
Shinjiro
Blackass
 
Shinjiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Baltimore
Annual Supporting Member
Shinjiro is BST Trusted
Shinjiro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Shinjiro has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Shinjiro has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Pevs definitely is the closest and a great field but like spsmag said, its pretty pricey.
Shinjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:38 AM #7
ClashDragon
 
 
ClashDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DC area
ClashDragon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ClashDragon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ClashDragon plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjiro View Post
Pevs definitely is the closest and a great field but like spsmag said, its pretty pricey.
I agree!
ClashDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:39 AM #8
ClashDragon
 
 
ClashDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DC area
ClashDragon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ClashDragon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ClashDragon plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by spsmag242 View Post
4 basic Shows in town all have thier Ups and Downs.....

Pevs Paintball in Aldie, VA is probably the closest to you. Descent walk on crowd and great clean facility. biggest drawback is its a little pricey. Mabe 45min- 1hour drive.

Paintball Adventures Park in Taneytown, MD. Big tournament scene here. Definitely have there fair share of walk on's too though. This place had fair pricing and is probably the busiest of all 4. 1 hour and 15 min drive.

Southern Maryland Paintball in Newburg, Md. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. If you are looking for more of a personal and friendly environment this is the place to be. My personal favorite . 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 min drive.

Outdoor Extreme Chesapeake City. Huge Facility with endless amounts of stuff to play on. Great place to participate in a scenario. Lots of cool rec ball fields. A little bit of a drive for you though. Probably like 2 hours or a little more.

Hope that helped....
indeed!
ClashDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:56 PM #9
Eudaemon87
 
 
Eudaemon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
I think I will check out Southern Maryland Paintball first, once I find a friend with a car who wants to paintball
__________________
Fast is fine but accuracy is final. You must learn to be slow in a hurry.
-Wyatt Earp
Eudaemon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:49 AM #10
02firehawk555
 
 
02firehawk555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
02firehawk555 supports Team VICIOUS
02firehawk555 supports Team VICIOUS
02firehawk555 plays in the APPA D5 division
if you like woodsball check out Pasadena Paintball park they have some good fields. If your into speedball don't bother because they only have a Hyperball field right now.
02firehawk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:11 AM #11
Eudaemon87
 
 
Eudaemon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Thanks, woodsball is not normally my thing but I like it from time to time
__________________
Fast is fine but accuracy is final. You must learn to be slow in a hurry.
-Wyatt Earp
Eudaemon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump