Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-10-2012, 07:14 PM #1
mvpzstrike

invert mini power button help

My invert mini's power button is broken. even though i can get a Allen key and push it down really hard to turn it on, it just wont turn on by a simple push. please reply, anything is helpful.
mvpzstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2012, 08:03 PM #2
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is playing at Living Legends VII
incognito-z owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
incognito-z is for the Gunfight
incognito-z posts videos on PbNation
incognito-z supports Pev's Paintball
incognito-z is Legendary
incognito-z supports DLX Technology
Hmm. Is the battery that you are using very small? The resistance is created when the battery pushes against the back of the board.

Either that or the board has been used for a while and the rubber inside the button has worn out. Sadly, there is no way to repair this.

If you're having trouble with your Mini/Axe, PM me! I'm more than happy to help out.
Proud Beta-Tester and Authorized Retailer for Nummech - Proudly Sponsored by Guerilla Air - Hustle PB
incognito-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:32 PM #3
crosenberger15

i've had problems before when my mini got wet... did yours happen to get wet? i had to use rubbing alcohol oh a swab and put it around the button.. then play with the button a while. gets rid of the moisture inside the button. hopefully that helps, if not, sadly you'll probably need a new board... or a bigger battery like he said above
crosenberger15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:14 AM #4
geryfung

geryfung posts videos on PbNation
geryfung has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
geryfung has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
To narrow down the problem try removing the panel to access the battery, bring the battery (still hooked up) outside the foregrip and brace the back of the board with a finger while pushing the button from outside the foregrip. If this fixes your problem, then you don't have enough resistance behind the board. That would be an easy fix. Just slide some paper or other filler material on either side of the battery to give more resistance behind the board.

If bracing the board by hand doesn't solve the issue, then the button itself is the problem, in which case further bracing the back of the board wouldn't help. Then you'd either have to replace the button or the entire board.
geryfung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:31 AM #5
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpzstrike View Post
My invert mini's power button is broken. even though i can get a Allen key and push it down really hard to turn it on, it just wont turn on by a simple push. please reply, anything is helpful.
phone kee and tell them what's wrong with your board. i wouldn't be surprised if they replaced it for free. at the worst you could buy the new shockwave board, it's pretty cheap and has a few neat features like trigger adjustment and debounce.
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:53 PM #6
mvpzstrike

thank you so much!! i put a couple tiny pieces of paper between the battery and button and now it works perfectly!
mvpzstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:11 PM #7
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is Legendary
Glad to help.

If you're having trouble with your Mini/Axe, PM me! I'm more than happy to help out.
Proud Beta-Tester and Authorized Retailer for Nummech - Proudly Sponsored by Guerilla Air - Hustle PB
Old 03-12-2012, 06:34 PM #8
jleclipse81

jleclipse81 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paper and its many wonders......almost like duct tape lol
jleclipse81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:00 PM #9
mwak00

im having a similar issue with mine. mine will turn on but sometimes the button will work and simetimes it wont. i really dont know what the issue is. is it something as simple as changing out the battery or is it something more severe?
mwak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:39 PM #10
dtyrrell
Southern Ontario ballerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwak00 View Post
im having a similar issue with mine. mine will turn on but sometimes the button will work and simetimes it wont. i really dont know what the issue is. is it something as simple as changing out the battery or is it something more severe?
Could be your trigger position, the distance of the magnet from the sensor board (adjusted by the set screw closest to the barrel) can have a direct influence on on/off/trigger operation. If you don't understand how your trigger works, get to know and understand it, one of the most crucial parts of owning a mini....

some sports make you put your balls in a basket, others over the fence, or a catchers mit. sometimes with a swift stroke,
you whack your balls over great distance to drop them down a hole...

personally, i stuck with the first sport that let me put my balls RIGHT IN YOUR FACE...
dtyrrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:23 AM #11
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is Legendary
Wow, thread is back from the dead. Oh, and dtyrrell is right. You might want to try changing the battery as well or getting a new board if you have some money lying around.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:11 AM #12
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA beginner division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Why the reply about the trigger was there don't know since it's a power button question.

Anyhow... yeah swap the battery, and try reseating the board in the grip. If you still have issues email/call Kee and let them know. If you're the warranty holder it's a non-issue.

My first Mini had a weird "flex" to the board that even w/ the battery in you couldn't push the button very well (unless I felt like putting tape or something inside force the flex the other direction). I hit up Kee, and they simply shot me a new board (a Shockwave board at that).
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote