PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-22-2012, 09:10 PM #43
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob View Post
1. I realize that there were newer editions to the interiors of the subie... but again, i quoted you're comment about how you were a big fan of those.. i was showing that difference.

2. He said up to 03 for either car. So, yes, the OP was also asking about a b6.

3. Way to pick one of the ****tiest looking b5 interiors i've ever seen.

4. If you really think the dash/climate control of the subie is nicer than thats your own prerogative. But twisty knobs for climate control vs dual LCD 1degree increment adjustments shouldnt even be an argument on what is nicer.

big difference from the pre-99 with garbage navigation picture you posted
I got the first picture I could showing the steering wheel/where the driver sits. I was trying to post two similar pictures, as opposed to the comparison you made of a steering wheel shot then an out of the door shot.

1. I hope you'd realize this. Then you should have compared this.

2. I was going on price range and what OP originally said. He won't find either of these cars, worth looking at, in an 03, in the price range he wants.

3. Already answered.

4. I think it looks nicer, it's visually more appealing. It's kind of like leather in a car; it looks nicer, but it ****ing sucks function wise. (well, kind of, again, I like twisty knobs) It is a bad analogy, but you get the point I hope.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2012, 09:35 PM #44
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
Matt H is a Supporting Member
Matt H is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Matt H is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Of course you didnt read my comments, it surpassed your brain capacity... All yo u can do is post information filled replies like "audis are for douches, subies are for cool people" "didnt read your comment lol".

Seriously, you dont bring anything knowledgeable to the table, just give up.

You're like one of these idiots i knew who tried to take a stab at my friend for taking 5 years to get a communications degree, when the kid himself was going on 7 years and had 20 credits to his name... Then of course when my friend said you dont have a leg to stand on, his first response was, "i'll beat your ***"... You're just an idiot that tries to jump in a convo with something stupid, and then when you get called out, you're only response is that you "didnt read lol". Pathetic. You and Supra MKIII should have babies together, it'd be quite interesting.
I don't own an Audi so I don't know how to be a douche bag. And who needs 5 years to get a comm degree?
Matt H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:51 PM #45
AntiHeightPunk (Banned)

who needs college
AntiHeightPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:58 PM #46
happykillmore19

happykillmore19 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
happykillmore19 supports Empire
make sure the headgaskets were done on the RS

the audi is a nicer car and both will kill 200,000 miles pretty easily

i will say the subaru is very simple and very cheap to maintain

finish college and get the audi you've always wanted...get the subaru on the cheap..it won't let you down
happykillmore19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:53 PM #47
A Contract Killer

A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
What is going on here?
Old 09-22-2012, 11:04 PM #48
DrobertsPB
You rebel scum

I don't even

OP we had an 01 Audi a4 with 160k, drove great but it was as basic as basic gets. Wasn't quattro and needed some work. LOL at saying an a4s interior is any nicer than a 2.5rs, trust me you won't be missing much if you get the scoob.
DrobertsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:23 PM #49
lpmaster

has been a member for 10 years
I stopped reading after all of the back and forth banter but I did own a 99 a4 1.8t Quattro. It is the only car I still miss after countless 240's, A g35, couple trucks... I loved everything about that car however. Be prepared to spend some money on maintenance there are a lot of little problems with them if you do not take extra good care of them. Frequent oil changes to avoid the sludge problems mainly because of the small oil passages in the cam chain tensioner design, timing belt + tensioner a and idlers. Control arms are another common occurrence unfortunately. The ball joints are built in to the upper control arms and when they start getting loose rattle like crazy and you'll have to replace the entire control arm(s). Any Audi of that year will probably need its cv joints rebuilt and rebooted IMO. They are also pretty expensive to fix and work on if you cannot do it yourself and only want dealer parts. I was fortunate enough to be able to fix any problems I ran into myself... If you cannot work on it yourself I would recommend saving yourself the headache of expensive dealer parts and labor charges and go with some simpler like the Subaru,

Like I said though, funnest, most comfortable car I've ever owned despite all of the mods I had into it. I absolutely love interiors of the b5
lpmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:50 AM #50
Rampager2000

That's another thing I think some people take for granted, and one thing I do like about both of these cars.

I greatly enjoy simple interiors. Nothing fancy, nothing flashy, just a nice, simple interior that looks nice with the rest of the car and doesn't piss me off. For example, the early 2000s Mustangs had a hideous interior, but I love my 05 WRX interior.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:06 AM #51
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
That's another thing I think some people take for granted, and one thing I do like about both of these cars.

I greatly enjoy simple interiors. Nothing fancy, nothing flashy, just a nice, simple interior that looks nice with the rest of the car and doesn't piss me off. For example, the early 2000s Mustangs had a hideous interior, but I love my 05 WRX interior.
Thats one thing i will agree with you on.... early 2k mustangs had possibly one of the worst interiors ever.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:09 AM #52
SmallBaller712
XBL - WookyMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpmaster View Post
I absolutely love interiors of the b5

Loved mine too. I never see any like mine was either. lemme see if I can find a pic

Here

See the blue piping around the seats? I have yet to see another B5 with that. Anyone know what package that was?

Originally Posted by Alan777..."Sunny and Wilfred are my fags."

Last edited by SmallBaller712 : 09-23-2012 at 10:11 AM.
SmallBaller712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:09 AM #53
DillonT
Do a wheelie!

DillonT is reppin' sidebar 4 life
DillonT has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DillonT has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DillonT has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
for what its worth, i was just looking for a car to buy to commute to school in. i had a ranger, and a foxbody. neither of them really worthy of daily driver. ranger was getting old, mustang is just too much.

i wanted a 2.5 rs. i was also looking at gti's. i wanted an audi, just didnt want 100k+ miles.

long story short, i browsed craigslist every day, at 2 am found a newly posted a4 for 4 grand. 66k miles. i emailed him then and there, and at 6 pm that night, declared the car mine.

i bought 1997 a4, 1.8t quattro, automatic (meh) 66k miles for $3800. the car is mint. nothing wrong with it. ive put 1000 miles on it in a few weeks. i drive 135 miles round trip to college and back. gets like 25ish mpg combined with an auto. im seriously 100% happy. i tinted the windows, and added a new head unit and sub. theres tons of mod opportunity with it. but mustang comes first. i still might do chip, coil overs, wheels, down pipe. but next year.
DillonT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:09 AM #54
peacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt H View Post
I don't own an Audi so I don't know how to be a douche bag. And who needs 5 years to get a comm degree?
Who cares how long it took someone to get a degree... everyone has their own issues in life and unforeseen things can happen that can put your focus on something else for a semester or two.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:51 AM #55
Ti_G
Wait, what ?

Ti_G owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Who cares how long it took someone to get a degree... everyone has their own issues in life and unforeseen things can happen that can put your focus on something else for a semester or two.
Okay, I'm kind of sick of you posting novels every 30 seconds, so I'll make things clear since you seem unable to comprehend what is going on:

You have came on a forum with a very well established base of members. You came here acting like little mister know-it-all, even calling BS on a member's car. Pretty much acting like a douche. In this thread, you have brung half decent arguments, but none related to the OP's question. Basicaly, you have been annoying to most veteran members, so they are trolling you very hard until: a) You realize how dum you've acted and relent or b) Get fed up and leave.
Ti_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:58 AM #56
peacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti_G View Post
Okay, I'm kind of sick of you posting novels every 30 seconds, so I'll make things clear since you seem unable to comprehend what is going on:

You have came on a forum with a very well established base of members. You came here acting like little mister know-it-all, even calling BS on a member's car. Pretty much acting like a douche. In this thread, you have brung half decent arguments, but none related to the OP's question. Basicaly, you have been annoying to most veteran members, so they are trolling you very hard until: a) You realize how dum you've acted and relent or b) Get fed up and leave.
lol, half decent? Annoying? I've made nothing but valid statements, and then i get trolled. Then I simply try to defend myself.

I dont care how "veteran status" (you really get off to that dont you?) one may be, i'm going to tell it like i see it. Which is what i have been doing. Clearly you're butthurt by a new member coming here and having "decent" knowledge about cars. Get over it.

My first 3 posts are completely on topic and have to do with what the OP asked. So i dont know if you cant comprehend sentences or what, but saying i've talked about nothing relating to what the OP asked is laughable. After the first 3 sentences, i was trolled and i maturely defended myself.

I dont come here acting like mister know-it-all... i've dealt with audis/bmws for over 10 years now. So yeah, i'm going to give my opinion on the matter. UMAD?

ps - i love when the senior members bring up their "OG status", makes me idol them so much more.

Last edited by peacob : 09-23-2012 at 12:03 PM.
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:03 PM #57
A Contract Killer

To all of you
Old 09-23-2012, 12:07 PM #58
peacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Contract Killer View Post

To all of you
I feel the same way... but i'm at least going to defend myself, which is what i've been doing for the past page and a half.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:50 PM #59
Rampager2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Contract Killer View Post

To all of you
So perfectly used. I raffed.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:11 PM #60
Ti_G
Wait, what ?

Ti_G owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
lol, half decent? Annoying? I've made nothing but valid statements, and then i get trolled. Then I simply try to defend myself.

I dont care how "veteran stat...yadda yadda
Not mad. Also not a vet. Just stop thinking everybody here is serious and taking everything personally. Obviously, the "Audi douche Subaru cool" reply was sarcastic.
Ti_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:46 PM #61
AntiHeightPunk (Banned)

If you want to be a baller get the audi
if you want to put stickers of pigs get the Subie
Old 09-23-2012, 02:48 PM #62
A Contract Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHeightPunk View Post
If you want to be a baller get the audi
if you want to put stickers of pigs get the Subie
When I think "baller" I always think of decade old entry level luxury sedans.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:50 PM #63
AntiHeightPunk (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHeightPunk View Post
LOLed but true
owning a Luxury car out of its prime is just weak
lulz quoting myself