Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-30-2012, 03:26 PM #1
Unholyburgerr

Trying to get an old impulse in working order

(I wasnt sure where to put this... because it deals with more than just my impulse)

Hey guys, for some reason ive had an urge to play paintball recently. I havent played in 8 years. I have 3 guns, the only decent one being an old (no vision) Impulse. I know the blue light on the back still works but im unsure if it still shoots. For accessories (more like necessities, haha!) I have an old Evlution 2 egg loader and a decent size Crossfire nitro tank.

I need to test the egg loader to see if it still works. Last I remember it didnt, but then again my batteries are low. However, the lid on the back that keeps the paintballs in has completely broken off. No springs or anything. From what I have seen online they dont sell replacements anymore either :/

The nitro tank needs to be hydrostaticly tested (havent used it in 8 years lol). Ive called many local tank places (scuba, fire extinguishers, etc) and no one will do it for paintball tanks.

I guess my questions are: What should I do about a hopper? Try to fix the one I have or invest in a different one? What would be the best hopper for an old no vision Impulse anyway if I cant fix my egg? Also, what are the best places online to get your tank tested?

P.S: Is it worth trying to get Vision on it? Is that even possible anymore?

Thanks
Unholyburgerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2012, 08:24 AM #2
sumsemperfi
the fat guy

sumsemperfi has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sumsemperfi has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
you could try to pick up a used halo hopper for pretty cheap, got to your local store to have them send your tank off.. if not not you can go to crossfire's site and send them your tank to test it.. as far as teh impulse goes i would clean it up and roll with it.. it probably needs a good cleaning and lubing then should b good to go..
Old 10-06-2012, 10:50 PM #3
homerj
The Nicest of The Damned

homerj is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
homerj owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
you can fashion a home made speedfeed for your egg pretty easy. search youtube. there used to be videos of guys doing it. i made one for one of my eggs & it works great.

OLD FEEDBACK 71+/0-

XBOX LIVE - homer39042
homerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:52 PM #4
firebirdude
My Balls > Your Face

firebirdude is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
firebirdude has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
If your tank is a 45/3000, then it's not even worth getting re-hydroed. You can buy them brand new online for like $40-$45. If it's a 4500psi tank or large sized, then send it to Crossfire. In fact..... Crossfire always seems to have used, but freshly hydroed, tanks available for purchase. I bought three 45/3000 tanks for 20 bucks each. Each with a fresh hydro. So that's another option. Call them up, as their website is never up to date. They're super nice.

In all honesty, the egg is cr@p. If it's not one thing, it's the other with those hoppers. The lid, then the feedneck, etc etc etc. I'd junk it rather than band-aiding it back together.

Old +42/-0 PBNation FEEDBACK!!
firebirdude is offline   Reply With Quote