Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-06-2012, 09:41 AM #22
Baccummba

Emailed empire about the springs and their sending me a couple for free!
Baccummba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2012, 02:37 PM #23
G clan
FATHER

G clan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
G clan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey Baccummba, I'm a TPX user myself.....secondary weapon.
From what I understand, If you change out the bolt ( upgrade to the MRT )
you don't need to change the spring. I remeber reading ( somewhere ) during testing with the MRT bolt and low pressure spring, The bolt was hitting the block so the MRT bolt sould be good enough. As far as the barrel goes, I got the Lapco Bigshot Assault 8" .687.....I'm very happy with it.
Whatever you decide, good luck with it.

Proudly Sponsored by:
Cousins Paintball
Famousguy Paintball
G clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:22 PM #24
Baccummba

Quote:
Originally Posted by G clan
Hey Baccummba, I'm a TPX user myself.....secondary weapon.
From what I understand, If you change out the bolt ( upgrade to the MRT )
you don't need to change the spring. I remeber reading ( somewhere ) during testing with the MRT bolt and low pressure spring, The bolt was hitting the block so the MRT bolt sould be good enough. As far as the barrel goes, I got the Lapco Bigshot Assault 8" .687.....I'm very happy with it.
Whatever you decide, good luck with it.
Right on man, ill look into it. I've been looking at getting a longer barrel since it'll be my primary ill take a look at lapco barrels
Baccummba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:18 PM #25
venarius

has been a member for 10 years
I use my TiPX as a secondary / dual wield [with rifle].

Trained my left hand to use the pistol (i'm a righty). Now I'm just about equal in accuracy with my left hand, and clip changes and safety on/off actually feel more comfortable in my left hand.

I got a stock x-7 barrel, adds 2 inches to the stock barrel, and picked it up for $20.

I wanted a little extra length, but not a lot. Most of the barrels I looked at were stock length (hammerhead, etc) or a lot longer. And the barrels I looked at that were only 2 inches longer - that extra 2 inches was usually just a cosmetic add on like 'mock silencer' or other tips that didn't actually improve performance, just "looked cool" for the extra hindrance they offered [in bunker clearance, ease of holstering, etc].

Stock X-7 barrel took care of that, 2 inches extra of actual barrel. Plus I think it looks pretty bad-arse too!

I run with 4 mags.

I see drop off midway through 3rd mag... so I don't care about a few extra shots worth of gas efficiency, as I change my Co2 after 2 mags... I would rather waste a little Co2 and change 12g after 2 mags to make those next shots really count -> no drop off in any of my shots.

I was planning on First Strike mod, but I only unholster the thing when I'm in close quarters combat [like villages etc] and then my accuracy is just fine @ 50-70 feet. So I'm skipping the First strike mod to buy a few extra mags and call it a day. The fact that I don't have to pay $10 per mag in ammo is a big plus too...

I think I might look into the TechT MRT Bolt though...
Autococker (built from scratch myself back in the day!)

Last edited by venarius : 10-25-2012 at 03:26 PM.
venarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:35 PM #26
catdaddysmooth00

Annual Supporting Member
catdaddysmooth00 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
catdaddysmooth00 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
catdaddysmooth00 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
catdaddysmooth00 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Great stuff! i upgraded my bolt and i also added the remote line adapter to it (must have empty c02 cartridge in order to operate hpa remote line)

great feature when you are running the tpx as a secondary and you happen to run out of paint, run remote line to tpx and you have 14 ready to run up on someone.

I agree on the x7 phenom stock barrell as i also wanted that longer barrell and it made a great difference.