Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-26-2012, 05:54 PM #22
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

For how long have they measured the Arctic circle?
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2012, 10:14 PM #23
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
Tuff are you aware that nuclear power is very dangerous, even when running as planned? Nuclear waste is not conveniently disposed of
Outside of Chernobyl (which shouldn't count), not a single life has been lost due to Nuclear Power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volucris View Post

Time and time again the "hurr global warmin' is bull ****" crowd operates on the basis that they don't want to be blamed, that they couldn't possibly be at fault for something they don't understand. It's as if they have a phobia of science implicating the proceedings of mankind can be cited for effects past easily understood, direct results.
I think they also don't want to change their way of living.

Quote:
What should not be a partisan issue has turned into one and it thus makes Republicans look ignorant and reckless in treatment of their environment both present and future.
Well, more from the disdain of global warming. They support Nuclear Power and the left would rather use coal, which leads to more global warming. So that's a bit of a double standard....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
For how long have they measured the Arctic circle?
1920's I believe.

Last edited by Tuff : 09-26-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:26 PM #24
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
Outside of Chernobyl (which shouldn't count), not a single life has been lost due to Nuclear Power.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear...tion_accidents
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:36 PM #25
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
*in the United States, since they've begun making plants.

Number of deaths overall has been amazingly low compared to other fields. Maybe we can take some of the people from Guantanamo Bay out to run a reactor if it's dangerous. Obama has no use for that place anyhow, he closed it. Oh he's going to....right?
Old 09-26-2012, 10:55 PM #26
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Number of deaths overall has been amazingly low compared to other fields. Maybe we can take some of the people from Guantanamo Bay out to run a reactor if it's dangerous. Obama has no use for that place anyhow, he closed it. Oh he's going to....right?
Has anyone seen my red herring? I can't find it anywhere. I swear I left it right here...
Old 09-26-2012, 10:56 PM #27
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Are "green" energy companies "benefiting" the environment or just paying back people who helped Obama get elected?

"The Amonix Solar: FAIL! – manufacturing plant in North Las Vegas, subsidized by more than $20 million in federal tax credits and grants given by Obama Administration, has closed its 214,000 square foot facility a year after it opened.

Solar Trust of America: FAIL! - Filed Bankruptcy in Oakland, CA, April 3, 2012 – On April 2, 2012

Bright Source: FAIL! - Bright Source warned Obama’s Energy Department officials in March 2011 that delays in approving a $1.6 billion U.S. loan guarantee would embarrass the White House and force the solar-energy company to close. Lost Billions of dollars but Getting More Money To Keep Trying. Can you say, “This isnt working?”

Solyndra: FAIL! - Obama gave Solyndra $500,000,000 in taxpayer money and Solyndra shut its doors and laid off 1100 workers in August 2011 After Billions in Losses due to failure to make a solar product that works!

LSP Energy: FAIL! - LSPEnergy LP filed bankruptcy protection and a sale of its assets in Feb 2012

Energy Conversion Devices: FAIL! – On February 14, 2012 Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. and its subsidiaries filed for bankruptcy

Abound Solar: FAIL! - Abound Solar received a $400 million loan guarantee from Barack Obama announced in June, 2012 that it would file for bankruptcy

SunPower: FAIL! - SunPower stopped producing solar cells last year at near bankruptcy restructured only with help of, get this, oil giant TOTAL who owns 60% stake. Irony! Still struggling…

Beacon Power: FAIL! – Beacon Power Corp filed for bankruptcy Oct 2011 just a year after Obama approved $43 million loan Government loan guarantee

Ecotality: FAIL! - ECOtality, a San Francisco green-tech company that never earned any money on the verge of bankruptcy after receiving roughly $115 million in two loan guarantees from Obama

A123 Solar: FAIL! -A123 received $279 million from taxpayers thanks to President Obama’sDepartment of Energy loan guarantees and after Solyndra bankruptcy is getting another $500M from Obama and it has lost $400M

UniSolar: FAIL! - Uni-Solar filed for Ch 11 bankruptcy in June 20 this year laid off hundreds got more Obama money still failing but still in business

Azure Dynamics: FAIL! - Azure Dynamics files for bankruptcy in June wasting millions in Obama “Stimulus” and tax credits. Azure Dynamics LLC filed for bankruptcy protection in Canada and the US. Azure laid off 120 of its 160 employees in Oak Park; Boston; Vancouver, British Columbia; and the UK.

Evergreen Solar: FAIL! - Evergreen Solar received $527 Million in Taxpayer money from Obama filed bankruptcy

Ener1: FAIL! received more than $100 million in government funding from the Obama administration filed for bankruptcy January 2012"

http://www.dividedstates.com/list-of...lar-companies/

Reminds me of the vid Swerve posted with the guys digging the holes so they could fill em back up to get paid.

"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:31 PM #28
quakcer

quakcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:07 AM #29
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
We need to bring back Hitler. Keep him around a bit longer this time.

Besides, who wouldn't want to fight Nazi zombies? Come on...
Resurrecting his corpse is the only hope we have of fighting off the international Jewish banker Illuminate conspiracy.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:16 AM #30
marcozombie

...thats some true Raiders of the Lost ark **** right there...cheers!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:39 PM #31
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
Tuff are you aware that nuclear power is very dangerous, even when running as planned? Nuclear waste is not conveniently disposed of
Plenty of viable nuclear options that are safe, they just don't get approval to be built.

Pebble bed reactors come to mind.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:05 PM #32
chodeyg
sprezzatura

I am not personally opposed to nuclear power. These days no one wants them in their backyard though.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:11 PM #33
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Thorium.
tmanbuckhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:41 PM #34
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Plenty of viable nuclear options that are safe, they just don't get approval to be built.

Pebble bed reactors come to mind.
Because the returns are ****.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:43 PM #35
Swerve22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Because the returns are ****.
That's debatable. Less output compared to a conventional reactor (10x less if I remember correctly) but still perfectly viable when compared with coal and other sources of energy.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:44 PM #36
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Resurrecting his corpse is the only hope we have of fighting off the international Jewish banker Illuminate conspiracy.
Two birds with one stone. BAM!

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:48 PM #37
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
That's debatable. Less output compared to a conventional reactor (10x less if I remember correctly) but still perfectly viable when compared with coal and other sources of energy.
Differing to my first post, measure the cost of the other energy sources which are used to build and maintain the reactor and the infrastructure required to harness and distribute its output.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:52 PM #38
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
Two birds with one stone. BAM!
Splice Hitler's DNA with Ron Paul's for maximum liberty and anti-Jewry. The perfect weapon.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:55 PM #39
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Splice Hitler's DNA with Ron Paul's for maximum liberty and anti-Jewry. The perfect weapon.
LOL

Jewry and liberty have an inverse relationship? Interestinggggg
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:58 PM #40
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

Quote:

I think they also don't want to change their way of living.
"I don't want to protect the environment because I'm lazy, incompetent, and in general a worthless example of the human race."

Or worse it's the crowd that is all fine and dandy with raping the planet...so long as it's not within their own borders. I.e. electric car owners and manufacturers who support ****ty battery technology which wastes nonrenewable resources through toxic mining in China.

There are right ways of doing things and there are ways to pander to incompetent wannabe green people.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:52 PM #41
Eric the Fish

There are right ways of doing things and there are ways to pander to incompetent wannabe green people.[/quote]

Agreed. People forget it was Nixon that brought about the clean air and water acts in the 70's. Reasonable environmental laws were passed by "OH MY GOD ! " bipartisan give and take in hammering out the laws. Hmm.
Eric the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:21 PM #42
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
LOL

Jewry and liberty have an inverse relationship? Interestinggggg
If you translate liberty into German, it is lebensraum. Coincidence? I think not.