PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-19-2012, 01:35 PM #1
BiG MaN KemP
Custom User Title

BiG MaN KemP has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Never used PE's spoolie platform, interested in getting one

Whats so good about these markers? i know they get **** efficiency but what compensates for that?

speaking of the Geo 2 specifically
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2012, 01:46 PM #2
paint4

Not sure if u r just trying to stir stuff up or not. The simple fact is the geo2 to 3 is one of the top five smoothest and quiet markers and is probably the most reliable, cosistant, maitenence free top of the line marker u can get. And yes they do not have the best efficiency. But than if that really is a problem u can always use an Ego11.
paint4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:26 PM #3
BiG MaN KemP
Custom User Title

lol, i'm no troll. i've honestly never shot a geo1/2 or 3. heard sub par/mixed reviews on the geo/geo+ and mildly good reviews on the geo2 and upstanding reviews on the geo 3. been a bob long fan/user nearly all my paintball career but i've shot my fair share of other markers, just no geos...

i don't like egos, prefer Timmies but i respect their outstanding build quality and ability to shoot anywhere anytime with little to no maintenance.

i'm torn between a G6r and really anything else that catches my eye, Geo 2 being one of the markers that has
Old 09-19-2012, 02:34 PM #4
even

even owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Smooth, reliable, light weight, small, simple maintance. Geo2 is probably one of easiest markers on brittle paint.
I've had the geo1, geo +, geo 2.1 , and now the geo 3. Geo 2 is especially nice marker in the hand (compared to the geo 1).
Best reason to get it: easy on tournament paint, very reliable and very easy to maintain.
even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:35 PM #5
hscpaintballa

Annual Supporting Member
hscpaintballa plays in the PSP
hscpaintballa supports Team VICIOUS
hscpaintballa plays in the APPA D3 division
hscpaintballa supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by even View Post
Smooth, reliable, light weight, small, simple maintance. Geo2 is probably one of easiest markers on brittle paint.
I've had the geo1, geo +, geo 2.1 , and now the geo 3. Geo 2 is especially nice marker in the hand (compared to the geo 1).
Best reason to get it: easy on tournament paint, very reliable and very easy to maintain.
This, and I have owned multiple versions of basically every gun ever produced, and I am having a tough time putting my geo3 down! It's an outstanding marker

KPS PAINTBALL
hscpaintballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:30 PM #6
BallerT
Planet Eclipse FTW!!

BallerT is a Supporting Member
BallerT owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BallerT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MaN KemP View Post
lol, i'm no troll. i've honestly never shot a geo1/2 or 3. heard sub par/mixed reviews on the geo/geo+ and mildly good reviews on the geo2 and upstanding reviews on the geo 3. been a bob long fan/user nearly all my paintball career but i've shot my fair share of other markers, just no geos...

i don't like egos, prefer Timmies but i respect their outstanding build quality and ability to shoot anywhere anytime with little to no maintenance.

i'm torn between a G6r and really anything else that catches my eye, Geo 2 being one of the markers that has

I like you until today never shot a Geo or Ego. I always shot Matrixes or NT's, which I still like. This afternoon, at my boys team practice I shot/played a game or two with a Geo 3 for the first time. Within the next week or two, I will be buy getting this marker. Shoot one(Geo 2 or 3), better yet play a game or two with one, you'll understand the reason people like this marker.. just my $0.02.

Jack Wood:
"And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less."

My Old Feedback

My New Feedback
BallerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:57 PM #7
NuNuNewsome

NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NuNuNewsome owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NuNuNewsome plays in the APPA D4 division
NuNuNewsome supports DLX Technology
I shot them all but once I put my hands around a Geo I personally desire nothing else. I don't even bother looking at new markers when they come out. The Geo and I just "fit" one another. I start out every weekend saying I'm going to shoot my Luxe or my Ego or this or that ......by my second game I'm back to a Geo in my hands
NuNuNewsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:20 AM #8
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MaN KemP

A G6R and Geo are two different classes of markers. Would you rather have a stack tube poppit/efficient/louder marker or a single tube spoolie/smoother/less efficient/quieter marker?
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:22 AM #9
BiG MaN KemP
Custom User Title

^ @ ballert, never said i've never shot an ego. i just dont like em in preference to timmies. if had to choose between DYE and PE, i'd pick up the closest Ego i could find. Dye makes solid guns though, just....too damn pricey.

seems like i'll have to give geos a go, now the real question, not trying to break my wallet so Geo+ or save a little bit and get a Geo2/2.xx?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:20 AM #10
even

even owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Geo2 ! More efficient, and much better ergonomics.
even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:40 AM #11
da oreo
JUST DYE

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuNuNewsome View Post
I shot them all but once I put my hands around a Geo I personally desire nothing else. I don't even bother looking at new markers when they come out. The Geo and I just "fit" one another. I start out every weekend saying I'm going to shoot my Luxe or my Ego or this or that ......by my second game I'm back to a Geo in my hands

This!
It's strange but it just feels soo good in the hands. My luxe, dm and nt were smoother but the geo just feels good in the hands. It's also stupid easy to maintain and very consistent.
da oreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:58 PM #12
hate_me!_12
glad to be home

hate_me!_12 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hate_me!_12 supports our troops
hate_me!_12 plays in the APPA beginner division
hate_me!_12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Efficiency has never been a problem with my Geo2
Old 09-20-2012, 11:43 PM #13
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Annual Supporting Member
oldmanian is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
oldmanian supports our troops
oldmanian supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Whats so good about these markers? i know they get **** efficiency but what compensates for that?

speaking of the Geo 2 specifically
Meh efficiency is typical for spoolies. Not worst or best, but typical.

As for what's so good, just shoot one and see if it's your bag. It's a solidly built marker, and it's maintenance is on the easier sie of spoolie maintenance, so it has that appeal for most.

All in all, just shoot it for yourself, you may love it or hate it, but it will be YOUR prefernce telling you what to do with YOUR money. Not being an ***, it's just so much of the high end marker space is populated by really good offerings, it's just that each is a bit differnt and plays to certain preferences. You've really got to figure which is best for you.

And if you do shoot one, try and make sure it's not someone that treats their gear like a tird filled punching bag.
Originally posted by Lurker27:" ...incompetence has no raw material..."
oldmanian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:15 AM #14
BallerT
Planet Eclipse FTW!!

BallerT is a Supporting Member
BallerT owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BallerT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
^ @ ballert, never said i've never shot an ego. i just dont like em in preference to timmies.

Guess I should have put a comma in there some where. Wasn't saying you never shot Egos, was just referencing I've never shot an Ego or Geo prior to Wednesday. Anyway, good luck with your research with the Geo , it is a great marker. Ordered mine this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanian View Post
Meh efficiency is typical for spoolies. Not worst or best, but typical.

As for what's so good, just shoot one and see if it's your bag. It's a solidly built marker, and it's maintenance is on the easier sie of spoolie maintenance, so it has that appeal for most.

All in all, just shoot it for yourself, you may love it or hate it, but it will be YOUR prefernce telling you what to do with YOUR money. Not being an ***, it's just so much of the high end marker space is populated by really good offerings, it's just that each is a bit differnt and plays to certain preferences. You've really got to figure which is best for you.

And if you do shoot one, try and make sure it's not someone that treats their gear like a tird filled punching bag.

This^^...After playing a couple(3) games with the markers(Geo 2.1 and 3). Luv it, the feel of the gun in hand is very comfortable..shot for shot, on point.

Jack Wood:
"And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less."

My Old Feedback

My New Feedback
BallerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:31 PM #15
Ba_KiDz

Ba_KiDz plays in the PSP
Ba_KiDz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ba_KiDz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ba_KiDz has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
has anyone tried cutting one of the inserts in half that comes with it and tried inserting that to get a little better efficiency

Proudly Sponsored by:
Cabin Creek Paintball
Sandana
GI Sportz
OG NYX Jersey
Ba_KiDz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:15 AM #16
Issate

Issate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Issate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Issate has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba_KiDz View Post
has anyone tried cutting one of the inserts in half that comes with it and tried inserting that to get a little better efficiency
Many use only one half of the insert. But its not certain it will work on all geos. Some will have trouble shooting 300 fps.
Issate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:59 PM #17
Ba_KiDz

Ba_KiDz plays in the PSP
Ba_KiDz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ba_KiDz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ba_KiDz has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ya i was trying to use just one but couldnt get it up to 300 fps. so i cut one in half and im going to try it this weekend at practice. i just didnt know if anyone has tried it. ive got my dwell at 10.5 as well so we will see

Proudly Sponsored by:
Cabin Creek Paintball
Sandana
GI Sportz
OG NYX Jersey
Ba_KiDz is offline   Reply With Quote