PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-24-2016, 03:00 AM #1
JonathanW
solaris

has been a member for 10 years
List some of your favorite artists "Jumping Of The Shark" albums

So, this is pretty subjective, and I've been a fan of many bands/groups/rappers over the years, but I'll list some jumping of the shark albums of some of my favorite artists then give some details. If you don't know, jumping of the shark is an old meme/cliche from the show Happy Days (I think?) Had a really cheesy episode where a character jumped over a shark on water skis, following this episode the show was never good again, so the industry adopted the phrase "Jumping of the shark." Feel free to post your "Jumping of The Shark' albums of your favorite artists.

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth

To me, this was the last -decent- NIN album, not the greatest, but the last decent one. Anything that came after that was never as good as the old **** from the 90s up until 2005. (the release year of WT)

Korn - Follow The Leader

You can make all the jokes about Korn but they were the in thing during my high school years. This album was more produced and polished and mainstream than their first 2 albums, but to me was the last good Korn album.

50 Cent - Curtis (2007)

This was not the best fitty album, but a very decent showing. It gave a very different vibe than his first two albums, I really enjoyed it and sad to say almost every album or mixtape after that was pretty bad in general.

Beastie Boys - Ill Communicaton

Nothing but respect for these guys, and RIP MCA, no knock against them but I think this was their last good showing. They grew up and the direction changed, nothing wrong with that, but to me this was the last good BB album.

Metallica - Black Album

This was a love or hate album. Purists can't stand this album and will tell you Justice for All or Ride The Lightning were the last good Metallica albums. To me, the black album has become very cliche/overplayed (think Enter Sandman,etc). But was the last good Metallica album IMO

So there's some I can think off the top of my head. Go ahead and list yours!

J
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2017, 08:30 PM #2
OfficialSamuel
SAMMY

Annual Supporting Member
OfficialSamuel is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
OfficialSamuel supports DLX Technology
OfficialSamuel supports Shocker RSX
OfficialSamuel supports Ninja Paintball
OfficialSamuel is offline   Reply With Quote