Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-18-2012, 11:54 PM #1
Chubby-Chaser-Kevin

Santa Clarita-Warped - Stolen Infinity Legend

My gun was stolen overnight on Saturday (9/15/12) while at Warped Paintball field. I left it there to be fixed. It's a black dust Infinity Legend with a black/blue asap, and a large scratch/road rash on the top of gun, right where you screw in the barrel. It has black/blue Hybrid grips with the sexy girl design.

It is a very unique gun, because it was NOT a production model. It's a prototype given to me by Glenn before the gun was on the market.

Whoever has this gun, you can't sell it because it's non-operational and because of the distinct markings (scratches, etc.). As soon as my marker shows up, you're screwed.

If you find or see this marker anywhere in So Cal, please feel free to call me. 818-458-0359 (cell). There is another distinct marking on it that I will disclose (to police) if found.

Thanks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2012, 01:06 AM #2
JB Cerberus
Almost Famous Paintball

JB Cerberus is a Paintball photographer
JB Cerberus posts videos on PbNation
Is there anything on the external of the marker that would prove it's a prototype? Different milling?

Also, that distinct marking would help identify it as well.
JB Cerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:12 PM #3
shaggpie2k1
Chubby Chasers

shaggpie2k1 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
shaggpie2k1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
shaggpie2k1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
@jB, the milling is "different". it's not smooth like the production models...it looks more "fluted"

i'll take pics of mine tonight

Jonathan P Photo www.pblyfe.com

"Either your a part of the problem or a part of the solution.....so what's your contribution to life?" Jurassic 5
shaggpie2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:45 PM #4
GrAzIaNo
Gun Tech 4 Cheap

GrAzIaNo plays in the PSP
If it was stolen while being repaired at a shop then they have to replace it. Id make them give you the cash value of the marker.
GrAzIaNo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:46 PM #5
Chubby-Chaser-Kevin

Sorry, it was given to me by Warped owner when he sponsored our team. It is very distinct. The eye covers are as Shaggie said, not smooth. In fact, my eye covers have tiny holes in the corners from too much milling during the design process. The scratch on top where the barrel is screwed in is very distinct. Think road rash, about the size of a dime, silver in color against the black ano.

As far as the distinct marking, I'm saving that in case the guy is caught and I'm asked to identify it. You can't see it from just looking at the gun anyways.

Plus, the gun is NOT working right now. I blew an internal o-ring last week at the PB Lyfe 3-man tourney, so if you put a tank on it, it will start leaking from a seam in the frame above the reg on the right side.

Thanks everyone for spreading the word
Old 09-19-2012, 07:18 PM #6
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
If it isn't found, the shop's insurance will be on the hook for it.
If you haven't, file a police report now, I'm sure the insurance will require it. The value of the marker will be difficult since it's a prototype/very limited. Have any sold recently that you could use to gauge it's value (to someone who doesn't care about paintball/your sentimental attachment since they can't "measure" that)

Odd that only one thing was stolen though, or were there other things taken as well.
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
aerosaaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:21 PM #7
GrAzIaNo
Gun Tech 4 Cheap

BINGO!
Excellent question aerosaaber. Eaither way OP, make sure the shop pays out, at the very least the going rate for a used Legend.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:40 PM #8
Chubby-Chaser-Kevin

Maybe I didn't clarify. Glenn, the owner of Warped, sponsored me and the gun was free. Plus, he's a friend of mine. I'm not going to charge him for the lost gun. And yes, they got away with a bunch of other items. As far as following up, insurance, etc., you're preaching to the choir. I'll wait it out and see if it shows up. Hopefully, someone sees this marker. It has to be fixed since it has a blown internal o-ring, so if they want to sell or use it, it has to come out at some point!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:18 PM #9
GrAzIaNo
Gun Tech 4 Cheap

or they could buy an oring and fix it them self.... and I didnt kno it was given to you by the store. goodluck finding it.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:19 PM #10
aerosaaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby-Chaser-Kevin View Post
Maybe I didn't clarify. Glenn, the owner of Warped, sponsored me and the gun was free. Plus, he's a friend of mine. I'm not going to charge him for the lost gun. And yes, they got away with a bunch of other items. As far as following up, insurance, etc., you're preaching to the choir. I'll wait it out and see if it shows up. Hopefully, someone sees this marker. It has to be fixed since it has a blown internal o-ring, so if they want to sell or use it, it has to come out at some point!
It doesn't matter that it was given to you or that you are friends with the shop owner. They should have insurance to cover break in/theft, if they don't then I'd say they were being irresponsible with their own business.

Your reply reads like you're holding off on insurance claims/police reports (IS the shop owner pursuing insurance claims/police reports?)
I don't think you want to wait to file insurance/police reports. That usually looks kind of shady. If you make reports and the marker turns up you can also close them. I wouldn't hesitate to get the whole process started.
Check the usual pawn shops/used sporting good store/craigslist/ebay..

I do hope you get it back/find it. Thieves suck.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:49 PM #11
Chubby-Chaser-Kevin

No insurance

I'm screwed
Old 09-20-2012, 10:23 PM #12
aerosaaber

Do you have home owner's or renter's insurance?
I have no idea if they would cover this kind of thing but it might be something to at least call your agent about.

Last edited by aerosaaber : 09-20-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: I don't spell good sometimes.