PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-11-2014, 04:34 PM #1
digital sol

digital sol supports DLX Technology
Point & Shoot Camera Suggestions

So to make a long story short I do a lot of wraps or work in general for paintball related & car related stuff. I am by no means a photographer nor do I aspire to become one however I have been using my iphone 4 to take pictures of my work & its just not really catching the detail like a nicer camera I would imagine could. I take most of my work photos in a small makeshift booth but it gets the job done.

Are there any relatively point & shoot recommended camera's I could upgrade to without breaking the bank? Of course taking photos from my phone is great sense I can immediately edit them, share them and such but they distort the detail of the carbon fiber a lot of times & id really like clean clear cut pictures to display my work. Im open to suggestions & pretty much a noob when it comes to cameras. Point & shoot would be amazing but I don't mind tinkering a little here and there I just don't want to spend more time taking pictures than finishing orders in the end.

Any recommendations? Any & all information is greatly appreciated. Check the link in my Sig to reference the types of pics i am taking etc.
digital sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2014, 05:00 PM #2
digital sol

digital sol supports DLX Technology
Ive read a lot of these cannons like the G16 have built in wifi for instant sharing & such. Anyone have any first hand experience with this? I only ask as sometimes these types of setups are more trouble than they are worth but if it works as smooth as it sounds that would certainly help cut down on time between snapping pics, getting them to my photo host and posting them etc.
digital sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:01 PM #3
poppasmurf15
Throwin ropes since '99

has been a member for 10 years
poppasmurf15 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
poppasmurf15 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
poppasmurf15 plays in the APPA D5 division
For the price of a nice point and shoot you can get a nice crop sensor DSLR and put real glass on that lens. The MOST import is glass and light capability for most of the photography you are talking about.

For a few hundred you could pick up a lower end used Canon EOS or Nikon DXXXX series. They are phenomenal cameras for what they are, and most of the newer ones will shoot 1080p video too if needed.

Hands down, the DSLR's will serve you better, and on most auto-modes they can make an average photographer look like he knows what he's doing.

The things I used to do with an old Canon Rebel EOS setup for $400 was HANDS DOWN better than anything I used to do with a point and shoot. And I didn't know anything then.

"we must all hang together or assuredly we shall all be hanged seperately." -ben franklin

Last edited by poppasmurf15 : 02-17-2014 at 06:04 PM.
poppasmurf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:02 PM #4
poppasmurf15
Throwin ropes since '99

has been a member for 10 years
poppasmurf15 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
poppasmurf15 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
poppasmurf15 plays in the APPA D5 division
I'd have to look, but a lot of the newer DSLR's have wifi and photosharing. The higher end ones require add-ons for this to keep the professionals spending money...lol. But the lower end ones are coming with these features stock. They are damn good kits.

"we must all hang together or assuredly we shall all be hanged seperately." -ben franklin
poppasmurf15 is offline   Reply With Quote