Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-18-2012, 03:12 PM #1
patedirtysouth

patedirtysouth plays in the PSP
patedirtysouth donated to help Peyton Trent
patedirtysouth supports our troops
patedirtysouth is an NCPA player
Age Mulitiplier Not correctly (HELP APPA)

Dear, APPA

I hope this finds you well. I'm having a bit of trouble rostering a player in D4. This is because the age multiplier is counting every event he has played as worth 100%. The player is 48, from reading your explanation of how the age multiplier works his events should count for much less (around 60%). Am i reading this wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Not dating WOMEN as hot as you wished you were? Change that tomorrow at http://positivechangeusa.com/persona...opment/dating/
patedirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:54 PM #2
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Moderator
raehl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Are the events recent? Age multiplier doesn't apply to recent events.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:58 PM #3
patedirtysouth

Hmm

i guess it would depend on what is the definition of the word "recent" some are a year old some are 2 years.

Not dating WOMEN as hot as you wished you were? Change that tomorrow at http://positivechangeusa.com/persona...opment/dating/
Old 09-18-2012, 08:40 PM #4
dymium
Joe R.

Annual Supporting Member
dymium is a Moderator
dymium is a Supporting Member
dymium plays in the PSP
dymium is an NCPA player
dymium plays in the APPA D5 division
http://www.paintball-players.org/Class2012.html

As Chris mentioned, events older than 2 seasons are reduced by the noted age multiplier. Anything played within the past two seasons isn't reduced.

Joe
dymium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:00 PM #5
patedirtysouth

Thanks

Old 09-18-2012, 10:24 PM #6
FAT SOLJA
RICO

FAT SOLJA plays in the PSP
I think that anyone over 40 that has not played at a National Level in Division 2 or higher should be ranked D-4 or less. The age makes that player naturally less desirable therefore, harder for them to stay in the tournament scene. Just my though ;-)
FAT SOLJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:38 AM #7
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Moderator
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
If you were playing D2 when you were 39, there's no reason to expect you suddenly can't play when you're 40.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:59 AM #8
FAT SOLJA
RICO

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
If you were playing D2 when you were 39, there's no reason to expect you suddenly can't play when you're 40.

- Chris
Not really commenting on the original post, just as a general comment and neither am I complaining on the good job the APPA already does. I am of the belief that most over 40 that are playing in higher ranked teams at National events are usually team owners or sponsors of some sort. My point is that unless they have some sort of financial involvement with a team, they are not likely going to get on a team even at a D-4 at a local level if they are the D-3 ranked player. They may have a chance at a D-5 team because they would be interested in the experience that the over 40 player may bring to the team.

What the league should consider is that when you are over 45, most of those that were competing simply stop play at a National Level because of the obvious. Generally speaking most D-4 players are more agile than anyone over 45 years of age. It would be nice if the system would use a different formula or just a rule of thumb to take that in consideration. This may induce more participation from older players. Just do a statistics on your how many over 40 play at a competitive level in D-3 or higher and then subtract those that are team owners or managers and you will get a handful at best of players over 40 still competing. Chris, this is just a thought and I realize that you guys are always looking to maintain fair play and this is an area that the league can get together to expand player base, not only at a National Level but at a Local level. See you at the Cup meng.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:27 AM #9
Mark790.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post

- Chris
Yet can there be an expectation that if you were playing D3 at age 56 that you may not be the same player at age 62?

We both know of one, deaf in one ear and no cartilage in his knees, but he will not drop in ranking because he loves to play too much to take 2 years off so that the age multiplier does actually begin to take his age into account.

He may not be granted a favor, as to do so would place a value on all the things he does to help EVERYONE, establishing the precedent some seem to fear like a zombie invasion: a quid pro quo invasion!!!
However Rico has a point that there may be an untapped customer base to consider.

Last edited by Mark790.06 : 09-19-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Mark790.06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:17 PM #10
patedirtysouth

yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAT SOLJA View Post
Not really commenting on the original post, just as a general comment and neither am I complaining on the good job the APPA already does. I am of the belief that most over 40 that are playing in higher ranked teams at National events are usually team owners or sponsors of some sort. My point is that unless they have some sort of financial involvement with a team, they are not likely going to get on a team even at a D-4 at a local level if they are the D-3 ranked player. They may have a chance at a D-5 team because they would be interested in the experience that the over 40 player may bring to the team.

What the league should consider is that when you are over 45, most of those that were competing simply stop play at a National Level because of the obvious. Generally speaking most D-4 players are more agile than anyone over 45 years of age. It would be nice if the system would use a different formula or just a rule of thumb to take that in consideration. This may induce more participation from older players. Just do a statistics on your how many over 40 play at a competitive level in D-3 or higher and then subtract those that are team owners or managers and you will get a handful at best of players over 40 still competing. Chris, this is just a thought and I realize that you guys are always looking to maintain fair play and this is an area that the league can get together to expand player base, not only at a National Level but at a Local level. See you at the Cup meng.
I completely agree with this.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:50 AM #11
JOHNSMITHIII
JOHN SMITH SR

The 2-year transitional period of the age multiplyer should be changed to something like this:

2 years - age 40 to 47.
1 year - age 48 to 55.
No transition period age 56 and beyond

Someone under the age of 50 cannot fully appreciate the impact aging has on you. When I was 50 I didnít realize what it would be like. You sort of have to live it to understand it.

But you donít have to take my word for it. Just ask any other PSP national tournament player over 56 years old. If you can find one.
JOHNSMITHIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:05 PM #12
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
**GP** is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
**GP** is Boss
Chris I am old knock my points down also. Make me D-3

G.I. Sportz sweeps the 2013 PRO divisions at World Cup. X-Factor, Impact and Heat 1st 2nd and 3rd!!
G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

G.I. Sportz Imperial paintballs the "UNFAIR ADVANTAGE"
**GP** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:18 PM #13
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** is Boss
Ok just make me D-2

G.I. Sportz sweeps the 2013 PRO divisions at World Cup. X-Factor, Impact and Heat 1st 2nd and 3rd!!
G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

Old 09-21-2012, 05:16 PM #14
FAT SOLJA
RICO

I personally think that anyone over 45 should be allowed to play D-4 at local levels and d-5 at National levels. If they are athletic, they can choose to play whatever division they think they are fit to play and if they do play anything above D-3 2 or more events a year then they are D-3. Pretty simple.

Senior is absolutely right, it is hard for anyone under 45 to understand the limitations that arise with aging.

I vote for Pauley to be D-3 :-)
Old 09-21-2012, 05:22 PM #15
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAT SOLJA View Post
I personally think that anyone over 45 should be allowed to play D-4 at local levels and d-5 at National levels. If they are athletic, they can choose to play whatever division they think they are fit to play and if they do play anything above D-3 2 or more events a year then they are D-3. Pretty simple.

Senior is absolutely right, it is hard for anyone under 45 to understand the limitations that arise with aging.

I vote for Pauley to be D-3 :-)
Heck I would be happy with D-2 so I can play local events. It really sucks not being able to play events in the area to just have fun.

G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

Old 09-21-2012, 06:28 PM #16
patedirtysouth

Guys, I have managed to be d-3 for 9 years now. If you do well in a national event only play one more that season. Boom. youll stay d3 for ever.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:15 PM #17
BOOGPRO
Masters World Champion

BOOGPRO donated to help Peyton Trent
BOOGPRO is playing at Living Legends V
BOOGPRO is playing at Living Legends VI
BOOGPRO is playing at Living Legends VII
Ummm I aint 50 but SR I fully understand the the affects of aging and playin in pain. If your over 55 your d-4 period if your under 55 the more you play the more points you accrue for your ranking period. Also G-Paul should get to pick his rank
Original Member of FLA Annihilators, RAGE. Member of Lockout, Jax Warriors, Nemisis, Strange B, Cypress, Mickeys Rats,Legacy Masters, loaned to East Coast Eliminators N.Y., Palm Beach Predetors, Hounds of Hell N.Y.,CFP Masters and many more. Original P.R.O. , NXL Referee,PSP, NPPL, EXL, NCPA,CFPS,SPCS, Ultimate Madness, Areanaball, UK Referee . Draxxus All Stars '08 World Cup Masters Champion

R.I.P. Towlie & Odin

Yes i am the reason we have ID cards now sorry
BOOGPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:52 PM #18
Reject69

Reject69 plays in the PSP
Reject69 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Reject69 is an NCPA player
Reject69 plays in the APPA D3 division
I know that my team back home has two players well over any age stated so far my father who is 66 plays on my team along with a long time teamate of mine who is 64. Anyone who has been around players of this age know that this new age multiplier not taking effect for 2 years is just plain bs sorry I respect the appa and everything it has done for the sport however as it was already stated, there comes a point where the player can no longer be on the same level as those hes playing against. Players that have played with and against my dad and teamate know that they play for the love of the sport, and those kids that play against us are always amazed that at that age there still out there balling, however my team most likely will have to fold after this year because their appa rankings will go up from d4 to d3 and we will no longer be able to compete. This age multiplier is pushing people who love this sport out and creating a system where you have to be a certain age and fitness to be able to compete. I dont think if you are competeing at d2 you should drop to d5 that is insane, however if you are not competing on a national level and you are over 60 you should not have to go over d4 experience makes you d4 however age makes you unable to compete above that.

Purdue PB Club
07' Ego
Reject69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:30 PM #19
pinche

I'm 47, have a teammate who's 59 and our average age of our players is 36+ and we're playing D2 5-man, just because we want to. Like I told my elderly, hahahahahahahahaha, teammate, get some tampons and step it up.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:39 PM #20
**GP**
G.I. Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOGPRO View Post
Ummm I aint 50 but SR I fully understand the the affects of aging and playin in pain. If your over 55 your d-4 period if your under 55 the more you play the more points you accrue for your ranking period. Also G-Paul should get to pick his rank
There you have it! Now make it happen!

G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"

Old 09-24-2012, 08:34 PM #21
FAT SOLJA
RICO

Ok, il bet 5 bananas that Chris is reading these posts. Who wants to raise me? :-)