Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 01:29 PM #1219
NastE-imp
 
 
NastE-imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On a boat
NastE-imp has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I know this may be weird, but analyze your hammer... Freak factory had a aftermarket housing, and ram rod I believe. As it looks somewhat similar, but weighs way less... A new Delrin bolt, and ndz rip valve, and you would be good to go(lpr's always helped out)...

If these parts are NOS, their will not be a great difference in performance, and you might want to stick with what you have.

Is this your first impulse? How long have you been playing paintball
__________________
Paintball Barn

NastE-imp is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2012, 01:44 PM #1220
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...
 
basementN3k0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DEPLOYED
basementN3k0 supports Pev's Paintball
basementN3k0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
basementN3k0 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastE-imp View Post
I know this may be weird, but analyze your hammer... Freak factory had a aftermarket housing, and ram rod I believe. As it looks somewhat similar, but weighs way less... A new Delrin bolt, and ndz rip valve, and you would be good to go(lpr's always helped out)...

If these parts are NOS, their will not be a great difference in performance, and you might want to stick with what you have.

Is this your first impulse? How long have you been playing paintball
how about these parts?

i've been playing since oct 2010.
__________________
Pinoy
No remorse, no regrets, never give up
Gun Tech for NRG^2
Feedback~ PBN +97/0/0|Ebay +116/0/0
[/b][/size]DP G3 SE|Bob Long G6R|CCM S5|2K4 Cocker|WGP Ranger|SFT/NXT Shocker

Last edited by basementN3k0 : 11-28-2012 at 01:57 PM.
basementN3k0 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:54 PM #1221
msonic
one case one kill
 
msonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: the sticks, michigan
Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic is BST Legit
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
msonic is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:56 PM #1222
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...
 
basementN3k0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DEPLOYED
basementN3k0 supports Pev's Paintball
basementN3k0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
basementN3k0 is Boss
that is pretty sexy.
__________________
Pinoy
No remorse, no regrets, never give up
Gun Tech for NRG^2
Feedback~ PBN +97/0/0|Ebay +116/0/0
[/b][/size]DP G3 SE|Bob Long G6R|CCM S5|2K4 Cocker|WGP Ranger|SFT/NXT Shocker
basementN3k0 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:57 PM #1223
p.lovell
Historically Slow
 
p.lovell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Auburn, AL
Annual Supporting Member
p.lovell plays in the PSP
p.lovell plays in the MiLP
p.lovell supports Team VICIOUS
p.lovell is an NCPA player
p.lovell is All In
Anyone here pretty good with illustrator that can do a small project for me?
p.lovell is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 02:04 PM #1224
ripdisc
 
 
ripdisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
ripdisc supports Cereal Killerz 2
ripdisc helped look for balloons
ripdisc is playing at Living Legends VII
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i still dont see any NOS parts?! those ANS parts are ok. NDZ is generally the best like stated.
__________________
lamorte: "Hilltawk: puttin winders 7 in ma puter. addin lossa faster movin to it too and another movie drawr thangy. wanna git anothur pooter wif evin more faster movin stuff to it then this 1."

The Ripdisc Collection
ripdisc is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 03:38 PM #1225
serafin_X
the Lumberjack
 
serafin_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Detroit
serafin_X is playing at Living Legends VII
serafin_X is an NCPA player
serafin_X supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by basementN3k0 View Post
how about these parts?

i've been playing since oct 2010.
The Evil Stuff prefers high pressure. It isn't bad, but you need all Evil internals for it really work well. Most everyone else is designed for Low Pressure (smoother) operation. The means the hammer/ram and valve. Doesn't look like they have any valves on ANS.

Like others have said New Designz makes the best stuff. RIP valve, Ram, and hammer are the best combo overall. Check their website too - they might have some stuff still. They made another run of valves somewhat recently.

Bolts - any short delrin bolt is good. The Shocktech bolts ANS has are good. That's what I have. ST was a bit late to the Impulse party so not many really have used them compared to the others. The biggest thing for ST was the absence of a valve design. I'd liked to have seen what they'd have done.

The Eclipse LPR kit would be good if you want to put an LPR on the gun. One you have the kit (the important thing is the small tube you'll replace the plug on the front of the gun, next to the cap with) you can pick up any autococker LPR to use.
Otherwise the 'solenoid optimizer' aka tapeworm allows you to dry fire the gun and have been efficiency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdisc View Post
i still dont see any NOS parts?! those ANS parts are ok. NDZ is generally the best like stated.
NOS = New Old Stock
serafin_X is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 03:42 PM #1226
ripdisc
 
 
ripdisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
ripdisc supports Cereal Killerz 2
ripdisc helped look for balloons
ripdisc is playing at Living Legends VII
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
markers are getting cheap...its frusterating i cant buy them all!
__________________
lamorte: "Hilltawk: puttin winders 7 in ma puter. addin lossa faster movin to it too and another movie drawr thangy. wanna git anothur pooter wif evin more faster movin stuff to it then this 1."

The Ripdisc Collection
ripdisc is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 03:46 PM #1227
ripdisc
 
 
ripdisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
ripdisc supports Cereal Killerz 2
ripdisc helped look for balloons
ripdisc is playing at Living Legends VII
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ah i get it serafin! i kept thinking no way did some company make imp parts that i wasnt aware of. i had one of those eclipse lpr kits on my 32 degree..it looked good:
__________________
lamorte: "Hilltawk: puttin winders 7 in ma puter. addin lossa faster movin to it too and another movie drawr thangy. wanna git anothur pooter wif evin more faster movin stuff to it then this 1."

The Ripdisc Collection
ripdisc is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 04:06 PM #1228
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...
 
basementN3k0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DEPLOYED
basementN3k0 supports Pev's Paintball
basementN3k0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
basementN3k0 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by serafin_X View Post
The Evil Stuff prefers high pressure. It isn't bad, but you need all Evil internals for it really work well. Most everyone else is designed for Low Pressure (smoother) operation. The means the hammer/ram and valve. Doesn't look like they have any valves on ANS.

Like others have said New Designz makes the best stuff. RIP valve, Ram, and hammer are the best combo overall. Check their website too - they might have some stuff still. They made another run of valves somewhat recently.

Bolts - any short delrin bolt is good. The Shocktech bolts ANS has are good. That's what I have. ST was a bit late to the Impulse party so not many really have used them compared to the others. The biggest thing for ST was the absence of a valve design. I'd liked to have seen what they'd have done.

The Eclipse LPR kit would be good if you want to put an LPR on the gun. One you have the kit (the important thing is the small tube you'll replace the plug on the front of the gun, next to the cap with) you can pick up any autococker LPR to use.
Otherwise the 'solenoid optimizer' aka tapeworm allows you to dry fire the gun and have been efficiency.



NOS = New Old Stock
ok. i have a couple of cocker LPRs sitting around and metalworking know-how (i am a sheetmetal/hydraulics/corrosion tech for the navy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdisc View Post
markers are getting cheap...its frusterating i cant buy them all!
iknowright?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdisc View Post
ah i get it serafin! i kept thinking no way did some company make imp parts that i wasnt aware of. i had one of those eclipse lpr kits on my 32 degree..it looked good:
that is pretty sexy!!! diggin' the dust white, but it's hard to keep clean.
__________________
Pinoy
No remorse, no regrets, never give up
Gun Tech for NRG^2
Feedback~ PBN +97/0/0|Ebay +116/0/0
[/b][/size]DP G3 SE|Bob Long G6R|CCM S5|2K4 Cocker|WGP Ranger|SFT/NXT Shocker
basementN3k0 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 04:13 PM #1229
ripdisc
 
 
ripdisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
ripdisc supports Cereal Killerz 2
ripdisc helped look for balloons
ripdisc is playing at Living Legends VII
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
that was more a dust clear...didnt get dirty at all really. the chrome parts were a bit of upkeep!
__________________
lamorte: "Hilltawk: puttin winders 7 in ma puter. addin lossa faster movin to it too and another movie drawr thangy. wanna git anothur pooter wif evin more faster movin stuff to it then this 1."

The Ripdisc Collection
ripdisc is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 04:18 PM #1230
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...
 
basementN3k0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DEPLOYED
basementN3k0 supports Pev's Paintball
basementN3k0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
basementN3k0 is Boss
i need to get me a standard tap and die set so i can do some mods.
__________________
Pinoy
No remorse, no regrets, never give up
Gun Tech for NRG^2
Feedback~ PBN +97/0/0|Ebay +116/0/0
[/b][/size]DP G3 SE|Bob Long G6R|CCM S5|2K4 Cocker|WGP Ranger|SFT/NXT Shocker
basementN3k0 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 04:34 PM #1231
ripdisc
 
 
ripdisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
ripdisc supports Cereal Killerz 2
ripdisc helped look for balloons
ripdisc is playing at Living Legends VII
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i would just get it and make sure you like it...then start upgrading. most of the ups just help with efficency and it never gets that good lol. they shoot great and are tanks though. obviously they can be fun to build though. somr parts are a little harder to find but someone remade just about any part on them at some point.
__________________
lamorte: "Hilltawk: puttin winders 7 in ma puter. addin lossa faster movin to it too and another movie drawr thangy. wanna git anothur pooter wif evin more faster movin stuff to it then this 1."

The Ripdisc Collection
ripdisc is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 04:54 PM #1232
Ken448
Meow
 
Ken448's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Ken448 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ken448 posts videos on PbNation
Ken448 supports Empire
http://www.harborfreight.com/40-piec...set-39391.html

cheap stuff, but has never let me down for paintball or RC purposes.. Whould I use it to tap something in my truck's Block? HELL NO!
Ken448 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 04:59 PM #1233
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...
 
basementN3k0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DEPLOYED
basementN3k0 supports Pev's Paintball
basementN3k0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
basementN3k0 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken448 View Post
http://www.harborfreight.com/40-piec...set-39391.html

cheap stuff, but has never let me down for paintball or RC purposes.. Whould I use it to tap something in my truck's Block? HELL NO!
i break irwin taps at work...
__________________
Pinoy
No remorse, no regrets, never give up
Gun Tech for NRG^2
Feedback~ PBN +97/0/0|Ebay +116/0/0
[/b][/size]DP G3 SE|Bob Long G6R|CCM S5|2K4 Cocker|WGP Ranger|SFT/NXT Shocker
basementN3k0 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:04 PM #1234
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...
 
basementN3k0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DEPLOYED
basementN3k0 supports Pev's Paintball
basementN3k0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
basementN3k0 is Boss
i found a rat impulse local for $150 in pretty good condition with a matching freak barrel.
__________________
Pinoy
No remorse, no regrets, never give up
Gun Tech for NRG^2
Feedback~ PBN +97/0/0|Ebay +116/0/0
[/b][/size]DP G3 SE|Bob Long G6R|CCM S5|2K4 Cocker|WGP Ranger|SFT/NXT Shocker
basementN3k0 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:09 PM #1235
Ken448
Meow
 
Ken448's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Ken448 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ken448 posts videos on PbNation
Ken448 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by basementN3k0 View Post
i break irwin taps at work...
Every tap breaks when it is not used properly.
Ken448 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:11 PM #1236
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...
 
basementN3k0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DEPLOYED
basementN3k0 supports Pev's Paintball
basementN3k0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
basementN3k0 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken448 View Post
Every tap breaks when it is not used properly.
i had a 10-24 tap on a speed handle chasing threads on a jet (approx 100 holes) with cutting oil and i snapped the tap in half ... good thing the baskets are removable.
__________________
Pinoy
No remorse, no regrets, never give up
Gun Tech for NRG^2
Feedback~ PBN +97/0/0|Ebay +116/0/0
[/b][/size]DP G3 SE|Bob Long G6R|CCM S5|2K4 Cocker|WGP Ranger|SFT/NXT Shocker
basementN3k0 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:15 PM #1237
Ken448
Meow
 
Ken448's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Ken448 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ken448 posts videos on PbNation
Ken448 supports Empire
Ive always enjoyed the distinctive sound a tap makes when its about to break.. If you hear it.. YOURE SCREWED (no pun)
Ken448 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:22 PM #1238
Illusion_nick
ÎImpulseÎ
 
Illusion_nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Illusion_nick supports Cereal Killerz 2
Illusion_nick owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Illusion_nick supports Team VICIOUS
Illusion_nick posts videos on PbNation
Illusion_nick supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.lovell View Post
Anyone here pretty good with illustrator that can do a small project for me?
still need that? I may be able to help.
__________________
_____________________________________________
Impulse-Owners
My Classic Impulse

Illusion_nick is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 05:23 PM #1239
basementN3k0
THAT COCKER/PUMP GUY...
 
basementN3k0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DEPLOYED
basementN3k0 supports Pev's Paintball
basementN3k0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
basementN3k0 is Boss
i've also managed to get the cutting teeth eaten off of one of my M-8 taps...
__________________
Pinoy
No remorse, no regrets, never give up
Gun Tech for NRG^2
Feedback~ PBN +97/0/0|Ebay +116/0/0
[/b][/size]DP G3 SE|Bob Long G6R|CCM S5|2K4 Cocker|WGP Ranger|SFT/NXT Shocker
basementN3k0 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump