PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-17-2012, 09:38 PM #1
N2extreme1

Rangers Scenario team

http://vimeo.com/8887076

I found this video from Living Legends. I think it was 09. I have watched a lot of videos of different tanks and have liked certain features of each. With this tank I think they hit the nail on the head. I love the design! Small, compact, firepower! A full auto cannon that does 8 rounds in 3 sec. I cant think of a single thing I would change about this. Does anyone have the contact info to this team?

Last edited by N2extreme1 : 09-18-2012 at 12:16 AM.
N2extreme1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2012, 08:44 AM #2
Boom Master
Scenario Player

I've played against their tank in my walking tank but it was before all these improvements.

Back then, then they had an autoloader but it was slow and I could match them round for round with my breechloader. The turret back then was manual but I belive it was faster than the current motorized turret.

We had an encounter where my walking tank came out of the brush at 20 yards and caught their gunner pointing 180 degrees away from me - an easy kill except my Nerf self destructed in the barrel and missed it completely. While I was reloading, I could hear the gunner saying. "Oh Ship, Oh Ship" as he was desperately trying to turn the turret onto my tank. Our Nerfs passed each other in the air... We both died gloriously.

Back then, they were also having lots of mechanical problems. It was too heavy for the power train. Several DNF due to broken suspension parts and burnt out clutches. Couldn't pull a hill in the sand or mud. Looks like they have addressed all those issues.

They were the unfortunate victim of my 1 RPS autoloader cannon's debut and first field trial. They were seriously outgunned in the cannon dept and they did not have a good day. I was trying to break my autoloader and just shot it a LOT to see what it could do. Had the old breech loader in the car just in case. Got 3 Nerfs in the air at the same time engaging them at 60 yards. That surprised them. They immediately changed tactics and did the best they could. I see they were somehow inspired to upgrade their cannon with a FAST 8 shot magazine autoloader. It takes competition to make competition. The natural instinct is to raise your level of play to MATCH or BEAT theirs.

The Ranger Tank has been a work in progress for years that clearly shows the hours of design, work and financial investment required to develop an extremely competitve tank.

It also demonstrates how Producers and Field Owners promote the Sport by supporting the "Arms Race" in "special weapons development". Restrictions for other than safety reasons choke the scenario play to death. Without all these special toys on the field, anybody can go play capture the flag at your local rec field for a LOT less money. It is hard to convince a rec field to shut down rec play for a weekend to put on a scenario game unless he can draw at Least the same or MORE players that he would for rec play. After all, it is a business.

CPX is a million dollar facility that knows HOW to market and promote the Sport. Toys like this draws a crowd as anyone who had been there knows......

Don't forget to thank them for putting on such quality games for us...

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 09-20-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote