Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 PM #22
Shinjiro
Blackass
 
Shinjiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Baltimore
Annual Supporting Member
Shinjiro is BST Trusted
Shinjiro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Shinjiro has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Shinjiro has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
Did he really just say the Halo is the best hopper? LOL
I was thinking the same thing.
To each his own i guess but everyone i know agrees rotor is the top dog.
Shinjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2012, 05:13 PM #23
Tempted (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: N Ga
Everyone I know agrees that the Rotor has problems. I'll put my Halos against any Rotors any day, and I'll prove which is the superior loader. A Halo is faster, more reliable, less jam prone and 1/3 the price. Its also noob proof. Put batteries in it, turn it on and go. You don't have to mess with anything out of the box.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:42 PM #24
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Everyone I know agrees that the Rotor has problems. I'll put my Halos against any Rotors any day, and I'll prove which is the superior loader. A Halo is faster, more reliable, less jam prone and 1/3 the price. Its also noob proof. Put batteries in it, turn it on and go. You don't have to mess with anything out of the box.
Dude you are crazy but like the other guy said, to each his own I guess lol.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:15 PM #25
Tempted (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: N Ga
Explain.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:27 PM #26
eforce
Factory PB
 
eforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago
Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Everyone I know agrees that the Rotor has problems. I'll put my Halos against any Rotors any day, and I'll prove which is the superior loader. A Halo is faster, more reliable, less jam prone and 1/3 the price. Its also noob proof. Put batteries in it, turn it on and go. You don't have to mess with anything out of the box.
The only factual part of that statement is that the halo costs less than the rotor.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 PM #27
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
The only factual part of that statement is that the halo costs less than the rotor.
Exactly This dude has got to be trolling...
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:46 PM #28
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Explain.
I've owned both Halo and Rotor hoppers. The halo is bigger, harder to maintenance, doesn't feed as fast or as nicely, requires more batteries (6 double aa's) and eats them up faster than the rotor does. The rotor is sleeker, battery efficient (3 double aas- I play literally every weekend and have not replaced the batteries yet this year), feeds faster, rarely jams (I have jammed a total of 2 times with this hopper-once, when it was near 100 degrees, and I was using crappy paint, the paint swelled and jammed in the hopper; the other time it rained and I had a speedfeed on, so the paint got wet and mushy, and thus jammed the hopper).
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:53 PM #29
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!
 
YeloSno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Bay, Carifornia
Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Everyone I know agrees that the Rotor has problems. I'll put my Halos against any Rotors any day, and I'll prove which is the superior loader. A Halo is faster, more reliable, less jam prone and 1/3 the price. Its also noob proof. Put batteries in it, turn it on and go. You don't have to mess with anything out of the box.
I had 3 main loaders.

1. Eggy2. Sucked. Essentially imploded on its own.

2. Halo. Shell cracked. battery door broke. motor burnt out twice. Feeding was slow and inconsistent. I had problems shooting eyeless since most of my guns were/are. neck and raceway broke.

3. in mid-late 2008, I bought a rotor.


I still am using the rotor to this date. with original parts. original lid. original springs. original board. original anal cla-- I mean de-jammy fin thing, original gears. everything.


To top that. I can guess I've already hit the 75 case count with it.

only had 6 jams. I've played in PA, FL, NY, NJ, CA, and CT.


I've also dropped this off the third floor balcony onto concrete.

Can a halo do that?

This has also been in mud and rain. Can a halo feed paint consistently and cleanly in that?


This also isn't top or backheavy, is the Halo?

This is low profile and low to the gun, making it easier to maneuver with. Can the Halo do that?



This also feeds for about 8 months on the same 3 Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries.

The last set of batteries (albeit I rarely played in the past 4 months) has been in my rotor for about 15 months.


How's about the Halo?



I also have the original accents. One on the right just recently was chipped. No scratches show. I've had dozens of stickers on it with no fading of the plastic.



What about the Halo?



I rest my case.


waitwaitawitwait: forgot the most important thing: I have run through about 70 guns in the time I've had the rotor. roughly 50 of them didn't have functioning eyes.

I limit my guns to 15bps in eyes off.

I just about never chop paint, and when I do, it doesn't shoot all the way back up the feeding mechanism and slow it and **** up the paint other than the succeeding 4-5 rounds.


Halo? Hmmm? Hmmmmmmm?


Yeah.
__________________
Are You A Beginner?
Maybe a Little Bit?

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.


Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:57 PM #30
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!
 
YeloSno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Bay, Carifornia
Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by grickert View Post
Is the boards available for the rotor hopper worth the money?
Now, to answer the question at hand.


No.

The Rotor, without a doubt, is one of the few items in paintball which is better WITHOUT ANY upgrades.

Simply put.

Well... the SEED kit may improve it, but you are constantly compromising with it and the kit costs as much as a Rotor does, so it's retarded and kind of... well... worthless.


Virtue board is nice, but it doesn't do the job, literally, any better than the stock board.

Virtue softcycle arms are cool, but it is more prone to jamming your loader in anything but the optimal of weather conditions.
__________________
Are You A Beginner?
Maybe a Little Bit?

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.


Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:00 PM #31
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post
I had 3 main loaders.

1. Eggy2. Sucked. Essentially imploded on its own.

2. Halo. Shell cracked. battery door broke. motor burnt out twice. Feeding was slow and inconsistent. I had problems shooting eyeless since most of my guns were/are. neck and raceway broke.

3. in mid-late 2008, I bought a rotor.


I still am using the rotor to this date. with original parts. original lid. original springs. original board. original anal cla-- I mean de-jammy fin thing, original gears. everything.


To top that. I can guess I've already hit the 75 case count with it.

only had 6 jams. I've played in PA, FL, NY, NJ, CA, and CT.


I've also dropped this off the third floor balcony onto concrete.

Can a halo do that?

This has also been in mud and rain. Can a halo feed paint consistently and cleanly in that?


This also isn't top or backheavy, is the Halo?

This is low profile and low to the gun, making it easier to maneuver with. Can the Halo do that?



This also feeds for about 8 months on the same 3 Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries.

The last set of batteries (albeit I rarely played in the past 4 months) has been in my rotor for about 15 months.


How's about the Halo?



I also have the original accents. One on the right just recently was chipped. No scratches show. I've had dozens of stickers on it with no fading of the plastic.



What about the Halo?



I rest my case.


waitwaitawitwait: forgot the most important thing: I have run through about 70 guns in the time I've had the rotor. roughly 50 of them didn't have functioning eyes.

I limit my guns to 15bps in eyes off.

I just about never chop paint, and when I do, it doesn't shoot all the way back up the feeding mechanism and slow it and **** up the paint other than the succeeding 4-5 rounds.


Halo? Hmmm? Hmmmmmmm?


Yeah.
This
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:06 AM #32
Tempted (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: N Ga
No. Its well known that, when on a marker, a V35 Halo with 6 AAs is a faster feeder than the Rotor. Its simple. The motor is twice the size and works on twice the voltage. It is less over-geared than the Rotor and the feed tract has a larger drop area.

A Halo is heavier. It does crack. It uses batteries faster *because* of its much larger motor. It isn't as quick to take apart. However if you can't take a Halo apart then you need to find a different sport. People squalling about disassembly are just looking for reasons to attack something.

A Halo is faster. A Halo is far less likely to jam. A Halo is far cheaper to buy. A Halo with Rip Drive can still feed if you experience an electrical failure(wet board, dead batteries, etc). If you do have a jam(something extraordinarily rare) a quick turn will clear ANY jam. There will never be a reason to open it on the field.

If a Rotor works for an entire match, I'd rather have it. Even though a Halo is faster there is never a need for it on a controlled field. Both can feed 12bps and the Rotor is lighter with less of a profile. However knowing that there is a good chance it won't work, I'd rather pay the small penalties and carry a Halo.

If you burned two motors out of a Halo then there was user error. The motors are FAR superior to the Rotor's servo motor. A Halo used a can motor. It runs cooler, faster and longer than a servo motor.

You've had more jams out of your Rotor at 75 cases than I have out of different Halos with over 200 cases. I've had one. It was because of a Siamese twin paintball.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:54 AM #33
hmcl281
 
 
hmcl281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
i like halos but good luck if you do breake a ball inside the loader. to me rortors are great but i'm not a fan of the look of it, too much like a nerf football to me.
__________________
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:43 AM #34
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....
 
Rebel_816's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lynn, AR
why has no one mentioned the prophecy yet? pretty much eliminated all the cons of the halo's, and when empty its actually lighter than a rotor, when loaded holds a lot more than a rotor, has a better lid and speedfeed than a rotor, and costs less. rotor is a little easier to take apart, but its a bit of a moot point because in reality youll hardly ever have to do more than take the nose off a prophecy to clean the inside. rotor does get better battery life, around twice what a prophecy gets. its a good aspect for sure, but if its the cost of batteries your worried about then just buy a decent pair of rechargeables and be done with it.

however to answer the original question, in my opinion, if you already have a rotor and like it, i see no reason to spend the extra money on the board upgrades. personally i think considering the rotors price tag that board should have came stock to begin with. thats what, almost $250 for a hopper after that upgrade? prophecy was fully adjustable right out of the box, and costed $130 new.
__________________
Rapper

Last edited by Rebel_816 : 09-19-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Rebel_816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:40 AM #35
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
No. Its well known that, when on a marker, a V35 Halo with 6 AAs is a faster feeder than the Rotor. Its simple. The motor is twice the size and works on twice the voltage. It is less over-geared than the Rotor and the feed tract has a larger drop area.

A Halo is heavier. It does crack. It uses batteries faster *because* of its much larger motor. It isn't as quick to take apart. However if you can't take a Halo apart then you need to find a different sport. People squalling about disassembly are just looking for reasons to attack something.

A Halo is faster. A Halo is far less likely to jam. A Halo is far cheaper to buy. A Halo with Rip Drive can still feed if you experience an electrical failure(wet board, dead batteries, etc). If you do have a jam(something extraordinarily rare) a quick turn will clear ANY jam. There will never be a reason to open it on the field.

If a Rotor works for an entire match, I'd rather have it. Even though a Halo is faster there is never a need for it on a controlled field. Both can feed 12bps and the Rotor is lighter with less of a profile. However knowing that there is a good chance it won't work, I'd rather pay the small penalties and carry a Halo.

If you burned two motors out of a Halo then there was user error. The motors are FAR superior to the Rotor's servo motor. A Halo used a can motor. It runs cooler, faster and longer than a servo motor.

You've had more jams out of your Rotor at 75 cases than I have out of different Halos with over 200 cases. I've had one. It was because of a Siamese twin paintball.
Yea you are obviously trolling lol.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:59 PM #36
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....
 
Rebel_816's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lynn, AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
Yea you are obviously trolling lol.
a halo thats set up properly can be plenty fast. modded ones got flat out rediculous. while he may be being a little biased he isnt trolling. hes just comparing things from a practical and economical standpoint. yes rotors are nice, but even though halos are pretty old now they still keep up just fine if you dont feel like spending $200 on a hopper. yes you lose a couple of the more up-to-date conveniences, but you also save a ton of money.
__________________
Rapper
Rebel_816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:42 AM #37
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
a halo thats set up properly can be plenty fast. modded ones got flat out rediculous. while he may be being a little biased he isnt trolling. hes just comparing things from a practical and economical standpoint. yes rotors are nice, but even though halos are pretty old now they still keep up just fine if you dont feel like spending $200 on a hopper. yes you lose a couple of the more up-to-date conveniences, but you also save a ton of money.
The reason I bought a rotor is because I had so many problems with the Halo. Ever since I bought one in 2008, it has been my hopper since. I'd say that is a pretty good investment
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:46 AM #38
eforce
Factory PB
 
eforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago
Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
a halo thats set up properly can be plenty fast. modded ones got flat out rediculous. while he may be being a little biased he isnt trolling. hes just comparing things from a practical and economical standpoint. yes rotors are nice, but even though halos are pretty old now they still keep up just fine if you dont feel like spending $200 on a hopper. yes you lose a couple of the more up-to-date conveniences, but you also save a ton of money.
That's true, but that changes his statement from:

"The halo is superior to the rotor"
to
"The halo is a superior value to the rotor"

... which is why the discussion is rather pointless.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:54 AM #39
TommyTwoToes
Pump Chump
 
TommyTwoToes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cockeysville, MD
TommyTwoToes plays in the APPA D4 division
my experience:

Halo - owned two both broken this season. Jammed and kills batteries.
Its also more bulky in size

Rotor - Never jammed, 3 batteries, better looking, never broken, easier to clean and maintain.


also, halo is cheaper, but you make up for it with the price of batteries over time.
__________________
P.A.P. Family
TommyTwoToes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:03 PM #40
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
That's true, but that changes his statement from:

"The halo is superior to the rotor"
to
"The halo is a superior value to the rotor"

... which is why the discussion is rather pointless.
Word
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:04 PM #41
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTwoToes View Post
my experience:

Halo - owned two both broken this season. Jammed and kills batteries.
Its also more bulky in size

Rotor - Never jammed, 3 batteries, better looking, never broken, easier to clean and maintain.


also, halo is cheaper, but you make up for it with the price of batteries over time.
Precisely
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:23 PM #42
tinopaintball
 
 
tinopaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: cupertino, CA
Annual Supporting Member
tinopaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tinopaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tinopaintball supports Team VICIOUS
tinopaintball supports Team VICIOUS
tinopaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno View Post
Now, to answer the question at hand.


No.

The Rotor, without a doubt, is one of the few items in paintball which is better WITHOUT ANY upgrades.

Simply put.

Well... the SEED kit may improve it, but you are constantly compromising with it and the kit costs as much as a Rotor does, so it's retarded and kind of... well... worthless.


Virtue board is nice, but it doesn't do the job, literally, any better than the stock board.

Virtue softcycle arms are cool, but it is more prone to jamming your loader in anything but the optimal of weather conditions.
i agree with what he said, but i did put a virtue board into my rotor for ONE reason. i love the rotor, best hopper ever. there is one thing i dont like about it though the fact that if you dont load it quickly, it will turn off, with the virtue board you can change that, and also the other adjustable features are nice, but i got it for the ability to not have to turn it on again.
__________________
Current Markers;
Vicious CSL #3 --- Candy red ninja 68/45 --- SEED Rotor
Etha --------------------Ninja 68/45----------- Rotor
tinopaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump