My last two markers were a Billy Wing mod Dye NT in white/champagne and a Planet Eclipse Geo 2.1, so I'm just getting back into the "lighter" side of the sport by using a mid-entry-level marker.
After years of play and owning many, many markers, I ended up choosing the DP Fusion FX as my all-around favorite for the money. After taking a break from the game for the last year (and having sold my markers) I decided to give Dangerous Power a chance to wow me with an entry level marker
Enter the E1. When I saw ANS had a sale on these fresh sealed markers for $175 shipped I decided to jump on it and play this coming weekend. 4 days later from CA to PA my new brown spoolie arrived. Since we play a mix of speedball, hyperball, and lots of woodsball I thought the brown would anti-pop.
Unboxing it looked nice. No excessive beautiful tools, spares, and carrying case that I've grown accustomed to and fond of, but very good for sub-$200.
Airing her up was sadly not an option, since I immediately found that neither of my tanks would thread in due to a mistake in the machining process on the new marker. I immediately called DP who requested pics and offered a couple of so-so options to set it right.
As a fabricator, I decided to fix it myself so I could be sure I'd have a marker for this weekend.
The pics show almost nothing awry:
Removing some material at the face of the ASA threads made installing the tank possible, so I immediately sized up some old winter paint and shot this video. My buddy Wayne shooting full auto using the E1 with my DeadlyWinds Fibur and underbored with .682 Freak insert:
So far so good. Shoots true with little kick and moderate barrel rise. So far I feel like I'm shooting a more expensive marker now that I've modified the trigger:
Trigger is resized, trimmed, and all adjacent surfaces polished. Also return spring removed. She walks nicely now. The factory paint was everywhere and while functional, caused a constant sticky type feel that I've just grown out of.
I'll update this after I've actually played a few games.
First update: now with tool-less back cap!
I had some set up issues with my mill table today since I haven't used it in a while, so the finish is not perfect. The function, however, is.
9 months in and still performing flawlessly. Just played a 2000rd day on 6/2 without a single hiccup or broken ball. Even ran a bunch of old dimpled paint through it and still no breaks. The E1 is gentle and fast. +\-10fps with bad paint, probably better with good paint.