PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-16-2012, 05:41 PM #1
InfiniteMotors

InfiniteMotors owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
First Tool-Less DP E1? Dangerous Power E1 Shooting Video and Mini Review

My last two markers were a Billy Wing mod Dye NT in white/champagne and a Planet Eclipse Geo 2.1, so I'm just getting back into the "lighter" side of the sport by using a mid-entry-level marker.

After years of play and owning many, many markers, I ended up choosing the DP Fusion FX as my all-around favorite for the money. After taking a break from the game for the last year (and having sold my markers) I decided to give Dangerous Power a chance to wow me with an entry level marker

Enter the E1. When I saw ANS had a sale on these fresh sealed markers for $175 shipped I decided to jump on it and play this coming weekend. 4 days later from CA to PA my new brown spoolie arrived. Since we play a mix of speedball, hyperball, and lots of woodsball I thought the brown would anti-pop.

Unboxing it looked nice. No excessive beautiful tools, spares, and carrying case that I've grown accustomed to and fond of, but very good for sub-$200.

Airing her up was sadly not an option, since I immediately found that neither of my tanks would thread in due to a mistake in the machining process on the new marker. I immediately called DP who requested pics and offered a couple of so-so options to set it right.

As a fabricator, I decided to fix it myself so I could be sure I'd have a marker for this weekend.

The pics show almost nothing awry:

Removing some material at the face of the ASA threads made installing the tank possible, so I immediately sized up some old winter paint and shot this video. My buddy Wayne shooting full auto using the E1 with my DeadlyWinds Fibur and underbored with .682 Freak insert:

Shooting video:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...s/8a7e5b26.mp4

So far so good. Shoots true with little kick and moderate barrel rise. So far I feel like I'm shooting a more expensive marker now that I've modified the trigger:

Trigger is resized, trimmed, and all adjacent surfaces polished. Also return spring removed. She walks nicely now. The factory paint was everywhere and while functional, caused a constant sticky type feel that I've just grown out of.

I'll update this after I've actually played a few games.

Jake

First update: now with tool-less back cap!

I had some set up issues with my mill table today since I haven't used it in a while, so the finish is not perfect. The function, however, is.

Quick update:
9 months in and still performing flawlessly. Just played a 2000rd day on 6/2 without a single hiccup or broken ball. Even ran a bunch of old dimpled paint through it and still no breaks. The E1 is gentle and fast. +\-10fps with bad paint, probably better with good paint.

Last edited by InfiniteMotors : 06-04-2013 at 02:31 AM.
InfiniteMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2012, 09:57 PM #2
Trigger Finger
Yetipb.com

Trigger Finger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Trigger Finger is attending Decay of Nations VI
Lookin good....... keep up the good work

My Gear Bag Sale!!! Click Me!
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:53 AM #3
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is Legendary
phillysteve is a Forum Captain
Good work mate - sorry to hear about the troubles it gave you out of the box. Frankly I am not surprised.

Hope she works out well for you!

What fields you playing at in PA?
GLOCK 19
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:25 AM #4
Arstron
fusionowners.org

Very nice, love what you did to the trigger and back cap.
For Sale: Carter Custom Mini Comp - Tequila Fade Emag
WTB your broken DP markers.
Arstron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:24 PM #5
InfiniteMotors

Thanks guys

Steve- I play at LVP, Ambush in Lancaster, Sure Shot in Quarryville, and occasionally Thornton.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:32 AM #6
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Wow, I hadn't seen ASA issues like tha out of the box before. Almost as bad as my buddy's old 08 Alien Indy that had an ASA rail that was cut too wide to fit any actual ASAs.

Nice job so far though! Can't wait to see if you make any other mods for it.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // Angel Speed 05 FST // Both with extras!
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:12 PM #7
IronmenFan666
OC ArchAngel

IronmenFan666 is attending Decay of Nations VI
nice man, u seen my E1 in my sig? geo killa. hey if u have machining tools why dont u just cut off the asa and make it so u can put aftermarket ones on it, now that would be coooolio!
guns ive owned (2004-present) not really in order ~ brass eagle talon, tigershark, spyder xtra, imagine, black mr1, olive mr1, diablo mongoose, silver icd b2k2, blue ion, red ion, shocktech ion, ans ion, blue sft shocker, silver impulse, psycobalistics superbolt, acidwashed karnivore, black karnivore, pink system x nme le, blue 05 ego, green 06 ego, black ego7, xsv ego, diablo matrix, red lcd matrix, black lcd matrix, red punisher matrix, custom milled dm3, ironmen matrix, silver pm5, blue pm5, black pm6, black pmr, blue dmc, red dmc, black dm7, gold dm8, current and favorite: dangerous power e1)
IronmenFan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:42 AM #8
InfiniteMotors

Finally put a case through her last weekend at Ambush. Performed flawlessly. Kept a steady 12 ish bps on semi all day with no problem thanks to the polished trigger.

Couldn't be happier for the money.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:32 AM #9
InfiniteMotors

Added update to OP.