Things I would do...
- New Energy, Duracell or Energizer battery. The gun needs a good amount of power to run the marker properly. A lessor brand of battery may read fully charged but doesn't have the upkeep to sustain the power needed to run the gun. This is the #1 cause of all issues in an EGO.
- Change #11 rammer oring. Even if it looks good. It will be the largest black oring towards the rear of the rammer.
- Change the #11 oring on the rammer cap.
- Set your dwell to factory 14 with Virtue.
- ASA On/Off knob turned in to far? When you add your air system to the gun you want to turn the knob until you hear the initial gas transfer. Do not turn it more then one complete turn more or you will actually restrict the airflow coming out of your air system.
- Check the LPR. Make sure it is assembled and lubed properly. There are 5 pieces within the LPR cap. Adjuster screw, adjuster piston (small silver cup-like part), silver spring, followed by the piston and gold spring (See page 46/47 of the manual). Put the adjuster screw flush to one turn out, see if this affects the velocity at all.
- Check the HPR. Make sure it is assembled, lubed. Make sure there are 16 shim springs properly assembled.
- While you have the HPR apart, check the HPR Piston reg seat. Make sure it is there and not cracked (See page 44/45 of the manual). Perfect pressure would be 325 psi. It can be achieved by properly assembling it then spinning the adjuster screw all the way out and then 3.5 turns in. This will give you the approximate pressure.
- Check the rear QEV. Make sure it is not loose or cracked. Loctite if loose. Replace if cracked.
- Check the airline from the rear QEV to the manifold. Take the hose off the QEV and take the solenoid off the manifold. Blow thru the hose. It should flow freely.
- Check the Solenoid. Make sure there is no physical damage. When a solenoid is coming to the end of its life it will often loose velocity and become very inconsistent. If it isn't leaking, 99% of the time you can change just the rear section...
- Brass valve guide. If you look at the front of teh rammer housing there is a brass guide that is loctited in place. if it starts to unthread it will limit the airflow causing low velocity.
- Did you install a new bolt? The bolt may have been installed upside-down. The air passage should be facing down so the air can flow from the valve area out the front of teh bolt.
- If none if this works, it could be the rammer sleeve has a serious scratch or severely worn on the inside...
Oring kit: http://paintballshowcase.com/planete...gkitego56.aspx
That is pretty much all the possible issues with a stock EGO.
Online Manual: http://www.planeteclipse.com/folders...s/EgoVol2a.pdf