Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-10-2012, 07:50 PM #1
GMF

Shooting Hot

Why do people have to shot hot, i don't understand why they do crap like this and by hot i mean 320 ,340, 360.It's a GAME PEOPLE A GAME!!!!. Can anynody who shoots hot give me one good reason why the H**L you have to do this??? If you cheat at playing a simple game of paintball where you get no money or anything else what is the reason for shooting hot?? and if you do this in a paintball game where else do you cheat at ??good chance at everything else you do in life or your just a plain A** . You ever get hit by a person shooting at 360 + people who get caught should be tied to a tree and have a person shoot them at 40 ft or maybe closer to see how it feels to get hit by a gun shooting at 360+ say maybe a hopper.Maybe it may teach them a lesson but i doubt that cause they are just plain A**'s.I am out for a weekend of fun and do not to go home with no eyes. SO all you so called paintballers who shoot hot let me see your reasons for doing this if you can even give me one good reason which really their are no good reson for shooting that hot in a pickup game or any other game, People bring their kids out to play and your shooting hot at 360 at a 10 to 14 year old first time out Yeah your a big bad person!!!!
GMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2012, 08:34 PM #2
LaxPB
'07 DP Fusion LE

I've never experienced this. It really sucks that people would do that intentionally. I did it by accident the first time I ever paintballed.
LaxPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:43 PM #3
paintballoliver

paintballoliver plays in the PSP
paintballoliver is playing at Living Legends VI
paintballoliver plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballoliver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Maybe someone can reword this, it sounded like it was typed by a third grader. Thoughts were just really scattered...
I think the main reason people shoot hot, is they are new to the sport and do not know how to chrono their marker. Being new to the sport most people do not know regulations, if they see that their marker is shooting 340 fps, most shrug it off because they do not know better.
I have never encountered and expirenced player that intentionally shot at over 300 fps
Old 09-10-2012, 08:56 PM #4
Tempted (Banned)

You will never deal with this on a good field. I chrono every marker before it is used on the field.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:00 PM #5
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballoliver View Post
Maybe someone can reword this, it sounded like it was typed by a third grader. Thoughts were just really scattered...
I think the main reason people shoot hot, is they are new to the sport and do not know how to chrono their marker. Being new to the sport most people do not know regulations, if they see that their marker is shooting 340 fps, most shrug it off because they do not know better.
I have never encountered and expirenced player that intentionally shot at over 300 fps
I agree with this. Most people who shoot hot are newer players who don't know the rules. If you are playing at an organized field and you feel that a player is shooting over the chrono limit, inform the ref that a player may be shooting hot and ask the ref to chrono that player. If you are playing a pick up game with some friends or a group of people and not at an organized pay-to-play field, then it may be wise to invest in a handheld chrono so that you can chrono players before they go on the field. Most players are happy to chrono their markers to ensure saftey. If someone does not want to chrono, then get the rest of the group behind you on kindly inform the player that they will not be allowed to play with the group since it is a safety issue.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:06 PM #6
LaxPB
'07 DP Fusion LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballoliver View Post
Exactly what happened my first time. Was shooting like 320 ish.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:27 PM #7
Tempted (Banned)

After a rebuild on my Automag my first shot was near 400, the guys behind my in the chrono area crapped their pants.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:30 PM #8
Woodsball666

First time playing speed ball my alpha black (Newb I know ) chrony'd at just about 390.. the ref say'd " Wtf, your gonna put holes in our bunker" but he was just making jokes and helped me set it to 275.
Woodsball666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:26 AM #9
DB-1071
ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!

DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends V
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VI
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
DB-1071 is a top reviewer
Never had this problem at any of my local fields.

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.

GO ON, I DARE YOU!! GO ON I DARE YOU, AGAIN!!!
" Physician heal thyself!! " The War Doctor
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:40 AM #10
BJYourk
The rippin' and tearin'

Often times, newer players will be using CO2 as well. This is a real problem, especially in the summer months. Fields need to chrono multiple times a day to prevent this.
BJYourk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:29 AM #11
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJYourk View Post
Often times, newer players will be using CO2 as well. This is a real problem, especially in the summer months. Fields need to chrono multiple times a day to prevent this.
This is a real big reason right here. Co2 with no regulation system can jump up and down in velocity like nobody's business. And when someone sets the gun right to the limit in the morning and doesn't rechrono later in the afternoon when the temp has warmed up 20 degrees...well, you can figure it out.

Also, some guns (*cough* Tippmanns *cough*) have a tendency to self-adjust while firing. Usually in the "increased velocity" direction.

Finally, the people who intentionally shoot hot are typically rednecks with no future interest and/or knowledge of the sport; they just figure it would be fun to go hurt some people.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:48 AM #12
Tempted (Banned)

They also think shooting hot gives them more range and accuracy. While it does increase the range potential, it makes it so inaccurate that you'll never hit anything.

This of it like a paper plane. Toss it with moderate force and it glides straight and easily. Rare back and throw it with all you got and it probably won't go 10 feet before dive bombing into something.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:04 AM #13
GMF

I know all are checked before going out on the field or should be.It's the people who turn it up once they are out in the field playing That the bigger problem i can understand things happen out on the fields but to turn it up on purpose once your out of site of the ref.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:09 AM #14
arab305
Miami Top Shottaz

arab305 is playing at Living Legends V
arab305 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
arab305 supports Pev's Paintball
arab305 is attending Decay of Nations VI
ive come to notice that its either noobs that shoot hot, or people that really suck so they turn their guns up to make them feel better about having no skills on the field
arab305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:24 AM #15
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMF View Post
I know all are checked before going out on the field or should be.It's the people who turn it up once they are out in the field playing That the bigger problem i can understand things happen out on the fields but to turn it up on purpose once your out of site of the ref.
If they turn it up after the ref checked them, then inform the ref that someone may be shooting hot. The ref should have a handheld chrono and can chrono the player there before they can turn it down. If you inform the proper people, they can help you and those that are caught should be suspended for one game at least, second offense being suspended for the rest of the day. If the refs don't do anything about, then kindly go speak with the field manager about the issue and how it is affecting everyone's safety. Can almost guarantee the manager will be all over it when safety is a concern.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 AM #16
GMF

Oh they did catch from what i remember at least 2 and tossed them for the whole day.Plus they weren't new player just i guess people have to shot hot for what reason , That,s the point of the thread why do you have to shoot hot after your gun was tested the Ref's did check but kinda hard to check everybody.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:25 AM #17
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Wouldn't that be the day when someone actualy stepped forth here and tried to defend "hot shooting" LOL. And I'm sure there are some on this site somewhere who intentionally do it. Maybe one or two are reading this thread right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
This is a real big reason right here. Co2 with no regulation system can jump up and down in velocity like nobody's business. And when someone sets the gun right to the limit in the morning and doesn't rechrono later in the afternoon when the temp has warmed up 20 degrees...well, you can figure it out.

Also, some guns (*cough* Tippmanns *cough*) have a tendency to self-adjust while firing. Usually in the "increased velocity" direction.

Finally, the people who intentionally shoot hot are typically rednecks with no future interest and/or knowledge of the sport; they just figure it would be fun to go hurt some people.
Seen a number of Tippmanns do this. Most recent was when I was at a field and a kid actually exploded someones hopper. Yes as unbelievable as it sounds it happened. He was moving to shoot out of a window at the exact time an opposing player was walking by the window. The players hopper, regular rental gravity hopper, passed less than a half of an inch in front of the shooters barrel at the precise moment he shot. The shell didn't just crack but literally blew off. Never seen anything like that before. It had to be maybe the perfect angle on a stress point or something. a 1 in 1000 type of event.
Refs immediately stopped the game and pulled everyone, markers owners AND rentals, to get re-chrono'd. Turns out the shooter wasn't shooting hot, at least nothing more then normal flucuation, but they did find 2 players with X7's shooting upwards of 360. Gave them a stiff warning and kept the chrono on hand for every game for the rest of the day.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:39 AM #18
stlpaintballer3020

I know this last weekend I was chrono'd 4 times, as soon as I get to the field I set myself at 280. First group chrono was 280, bout 3 hours later gun jumped too 320. Re adjusted to 280. Next chrono was 290. It's all about temp and regulators. I shoot a 07 ego and not only was I have problems. But everyone was having problems keeping the guns consistant. I'm talking geo's dye's any high end gun was shot and one time they could pass another they would be shooting 310+
stlpaintballer3020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:42 AM #19
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpaintballer3020 View Post
I know this last weekend I was chrono'd 4 times, as soon as I get to the field I set myself at 280. First group chrono was 280, bout 3 hours later gun jumped too 320. Re adjusted to 280. Next chrono was 290. It's all about temp and regulators. I shoot a 07 ego and not only was I have problems. But everyone was having problems keeping the guns consistant. I'm talking geo's dye's any high end gun was shot and one time they could pass another they would be shooting 310+
Yeah that happens. As the weather warms up so does the marker. Paint is probably affected too.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:13 AM #20
htownseanthomas
R.I.P. SPACEBAT :'(

htownseanthomas is playing at Living Legends V
htownseanthomas is for the Gunfight
htownseanthomas has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas is attending Decay of Nations VI
My Vanguard Creed does a pretty good job of staying in an equal range of the chrono test I do each morning. I usually take one of the field's handheld chronos and put it on my table. My first test is about 9am, second is 11am, third is 2pm, and final test is at 4pm. I chrono quite often because people always tell me I'm shooting hot. I show them the numbers and blame it on cheap paint being tough to break. The weather in Las Vegas definitely has an effect on most guns/paint and Tippman 98's have proven to be the most notorious at 30-40fps jumps in both directions with a series of 10 shots.

Edit: I also forgot to mention I keep my guns air pressured throughout the day. Even when I'm airing up the tank, that regulator on the bottle is there for a reason. I normally don't release the pressure unless I'm switching guns or packing up to leave. If you have the regulator under constant pressure it helps the springs maintain consistency. Maybe not in certain guns without regs, but quite a few can be improved by that trick. Turn off your gun with the electronics or safeties.
http://tinyurl.com/GearbagSale702

VegasXtremePaintBall, be there.

"Originally posted by "pbmink": You better dodgy that **** RIGHT ****ING NOW"

Last edited by htownseanthomas : 09-11-2012 at 11:20 AM.
htownseanthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:30 AM #21
htownseanthomas
R.I.P. SPACEBAT :'(

htownseanthomas is playing at Living Legends V
htownseanthomas is for the Gunfight
htownseanthomas has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack & Coke
When I spoke with Bob on the phone, he gave me a few tips on how to gas up the Timmy for optimal and consistant performance. Will the Timmy work if you just gas it up? Sure!
But what follows is what Bob believes and practices...

HOW TO GAS UP YOUR GUN FOR A WHOLE DAY OF PAINTBALL

1. When you first gas up your Timmy for a day of paintball, screw in your tank (or turn on the on/off ASA). Your gun will pressurize and you will be able to fire it.

2. Take a hex wrench and back the set screw of your LP Reg out (counter clock-wise) until it is flush with the end cap. Do the same to the HP reg. Fire your marker a few times as you do this and you will immediately notice that the system loses pressure to the point that it will not cycle (Kinda like when you de-gas a CO2 bottle from a marker).

3. After both reg screws are flush and the gun cannot fire, slowly begin turning the LP reg screw in (clock-wise) in small increaments (i.e. 1/16 of a turn) as you fire the gun. Keep doing this until your main gauge reads 85 psi. Now your opperating pressure is set.

4. After you have set the operating to 85 psi, slowly screw in the set screws in the the HP reg (clock-wise), until you see about 4 threads. This should put you in the neighborhood of 250-310 fps.

5. Go to a chrono and fine turn the HP reg setting until your marker is shooting at the velocity you want.

6. DO NOT DE-GAS YOUR GUN FOR THE REST OF THE DAY. Bob keeps his marker pressurized until his is done for the day. Only use your power on/off switch to disable your gun.

What this does is reset the tensions on the HP and LP reg springs. When you first gas the gun up, the gas pressure in your tank slams full force into the HP and LP regs. It takes time (i.e. many shots) for the springs to correctly adjust from a state of non-pressure, to a state of consistant pressure.

The idea of steps 1-5 is to slowly introduce pressure into your gun's system instead of 'shocking' it. Just think of the Regs as faucet valves in your sink. Be nice to them !

The idea of step 6 is to keep the springs in your regs under consistant pressure so your gun will have consistant velocities throughout the day. Good consistant spring pressure = good consistant regs = good consistant air pressure on the balls = good consistant ball trajectories = good consistant ACCURACY! Let's say you play 10 games, and after each game you de-gas your gun. That's 10 times your reg springs have to reset! How do you expect your regs to be consistant?

Bob says he does this every time he plays. But if you just want to goof around and shoot the gun, it's ok to just gas it up and rock and roll. Just don't expect super duper consistant velocities.

Hope this helps.
Specific parts of this post don't have to be exact. You can use this guide for almost any gun, it was just inside a thread based on Intimidators. I do this every now and then just to tune in my gun for about a week, then repeat it the following week.
http://tinyurl.com/GearbagSale702

VegasXtremePaintBall, be there.

"Originally posted by "pbmink": You better dodgy that **** RIGHT ****ING NOW"

Last edited by htownseanthomas : 09-11-2012 at 11:40 AM.
htownseanthomas is offline   Reply With Quote