PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-15-2012, 06:31 PM #1
bigggmann

bigggmann supports DLX Technology
Angry Hydro info. HELP!!!

Whats the cheapest places to get your tank hydro'd at. I've searched crossfire, ninja and hydrotest.com and they all charge around $35-50. and i have heard they screw up regs.
I have a 92-4500 fiber crossfire tank

Plz help
bigggmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2012, 06:46 PM #2
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
What do you mean by 'they screw up regs'?
Paintball manufacturers are the best place to send them because they have the proper tools in which to remove the regulators. Especially if you send it back to the original manufacturer as they definitely know how to take off their own regs. You run a higher risk of having your regulator chewed up by say a dive shop who may outsource it and that place is not familiar with paintball regs. They'll just take a pipe wrench to it with the only thought of getting it off.
Now if you mean about the threads potentially being snapped off from the cylinder or regulator that's an inherent risk with any regulator removal that may have loctite involved. Even then the aluminum threads could gall together without the presence of loctite.
The website you want is actually hydrotester.com, not hydrotest.com. Note the 'er' at the end.

Also did you read Crossfires hydro test statement? If they damage the threads on your cylinder and can not repair them they replace your cylinder with the same aged or newer cylinder. That's a pretty awesome guarantee in my book. So, is it the price that's really bothering you?

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:50 PM #3
Drayven

Check Crossfire's site again. Last I saw, they had a coupon on there as well, and it's only like $25 with that, plus shipping. I've been doing business with them for years with absolutely no complaints.

INSIGHT OWNERS GROUP
Drayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:41 PM #4
munki3b0i

munki3b0i owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
munki3b0i owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
crossfire is the best deal for hydro. 25 plus return shipping.
munki3b0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:44 PM #5
boomerrw

My personal experience with hydrotester.com was not good at all. They lost my regulator & refused to take any responsibility. I was nothing but kind about the situation when i called them & was yelled at on the phone by the gentleman who runs the place.

Thats a great price from crossfire. Ninja is an option too
boomerrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:30 AM #6
Necrogen98
:D

Necrogen98 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Necrogen98 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Necrogen98 supports Empire
I recently had a good experience having mine done at a local fire extinguisher service company. Took 2 days and 30 dollars. However I can also vouch for Crossfire.

Ego 9 / DM7 / JOLE Blackout________________Bunker Mafia________________ NotSoLucky
Necrogen98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:53 AM #7
chris@CrossFire

chris@CrossFire works for a Paintball manufacturer
If they nare not in it for paintball they usually mess it up. For some reason they think they need to take the regs apart and then do not know how to put them back together. They forget where parts go. We get a lot in just to fix the reg from the hydro they got somewhere.
I know what you are saying.
I think we are fair priced and we are in it for the players no matter what brand of system you send.

CrossFire only makes 5 YEAR HYDRO CARBON FIBER TANKS. No more guessing or finding out you got a glass 3 year bottle. You can TRUST CrossFire Hydro to know everything about your bottle and keep you in the game.
chris@CrossFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:53 AM #8
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigggmann View Post
Whats the cheapest places to get your tank hydro'd at. I've searched crossfire, ninja and hydrotest.com and they all charge around $35-50. and i have heard they screw up regs.

Plz help
Cheapest is not always best. Go with a reputable PAINTBALL HYDRO FACILITY and not a facility that specializes in dive equipment. Not all hydro facilities know how to properly remove or install PAINTBALL regulators and ive seen way too many pictures of regulators that have been destroyed by facilities that dont specialize in paintball air systems.

just my .02
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:51 PM #9
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigggmann View Post

Plz help
Hydro is less than that, at least at hydrotest.com. I get my stuff done there at $18 a bottle, less if I have three or more tanks at the same time. But, you still have to pay for shipping, which is where the cost is coming from as well. Try looking around local to you, see what stores and scuba shops do for their hydro.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote