Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 01:55 PM #22
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-
 
Rampager2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoBaller1991 View Post
arnt you in high school?
Totally man.
__________________
Steam: N-Ur-Face
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Maktub

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:33 PM #23
Worr, the wee tot. (Banned)
WTF am I reading?!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Berlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
Totally man.
Date of Birth:
March 29th, 1980
Age:
32
Location:
East Texas


Sounds about right <3
Worr, the wee tot. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:44 PM #24
the real Muhammad
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
****ing liberals
the real Muhammad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:16 PM #25
Slayinpoon
2k6
 
Slayinpoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
but, peanuts are ****ing delicious?!
__________________
Lifted WJ

East Carolina University
Slayinpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:33 PM #26
BMcC13
Vatican Assasin
 
BMcC13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CA
BMcC13 helped look for balloons
BMcC13 is playing at Living Legends III
BMcC13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
BMcC13 supports Team VICIOUS
It's not an issue of intelligence or the kid with the allergy simply avoiding it.

This year in my highschool there's a freshman who can easily die from airborne peanut particles. How is he supposed to know where peanuts have and haven't been? He eats lunch a peanut-free room and carries his EPI-pen (sp?), but that's all he can do about it. He has the right to a free and safe education just like everybody else, and if that means having to ban peanuts, then I'm sure everybody in the building can get over it for the sake of the kid's life.
__________________
"It is absurd to hold that a man ought to be ashamed of being unable to defend himself with his limbs, but not of being unable to defend himself with speech and reason."
-Aristotle
BMcC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:54 PM #27
byarosh201
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
**** that he can walk around with a dust mask. Or get home schooled.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:08 PM #28
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 &amp;amp;amp;lt;3-
 
Rampager2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMcC13 View Post
It's not an issue of intelligence or the kid with the allergy simply avoiding it.

This year in my highschool there's a freshman who can easily die from airborne peanut particles. How is he supposed to know where peanuts have and haven't been? He eats lunch a peanut-free room and carries his EPI-pen (sp?), but that's all he can do about it. He has the right to a free and safe education just like everybody else, and if that means having to ban peanuts, then I'm sure everybody in the building can get over it for the sake of the kid's life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by byarosh201 View Post
**** that he can walk around with a dust mask. Or get home schooled.
This. I'm all for people having their rights, and doing what they may, and being safe and free. But the moment it infringes on my rights is when I have a problem with it.

If the kid can DIE from airborn peanuts, then he can't go to a mall, a circus, a fair, or any sort of a sporting event. He can never be in public for anything without being at fear for his life. Why the **** should public school have to cater to that? He can get the **** out of the school, eat in a separate room, or just die, because there's no reason to punish everyone else because he can't be around it. That's selfish. And I'd feel bad if I was the kid for everyone else.

You say public school should be able to cater to anyone? That includes kids bringing their own, healthy, cheap lunches with them to school. And some kids, like myself, are/were really picky eaters when they're younger. Try telling a kid who is super picky to eat a ham sandwich instead of a peanut butter. Try explaining to him he can't have it because poor Tommy over there wants to ruin it for everyone else. Try to explain that, it's okay, you can get over it to save a poor kids life.

Yeah, it won't go very well.
__________________
Steam: N-Ur-Face
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Maktub

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:13 PM #29
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child
 
ProtoBaller1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago
ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
I don't like peanuts enough to be a complete ******* and risk some kids life just because I want to eat a ****ty pb&j...
__________________
OG-Seven Deadly Sins
I do tv show things
320gb External Hard Drive F/S
PMR Frame/Board F/s
ProtoBaller1991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:14 PM #30
byarosh201
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
The whole thing is just like government. For the greater good if one kid has a serve hyper sensitivity. Accommodate for him by separating him or what not. If there's a large percentage of the student body with the same kind, then maybe something further should be done.

But all this liberal nonsense "oh poor Johnny will die if he's within x feet of peanuts. Let's ban peanuts so he doesn't have to worry". **** that. If that's how life worked nothing would get done because people would say "oh I'm not doing that I'll get dirty so I don't have to." or "I'll get carpal tunnel syndrome if I type that report up so I'm not doing it".

Don't cater to people's weaknesses or flaws, make them overcome them, so they become a better person in the end. If this is that the future holds for the next generations I hope I die young because there's no integrity in society these days.
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:16 PM #31
bushhog750
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodstock, GA
bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I myself have a peanut allergy and happen to know how serious it is. It is becoming the most rapidly growing allergy in kids these days. I however have had about 4 incidents in my life with them getting worse each time. After my last incident I quickly learned that i cannot eat any desserts that people make themselves. I just stopped unless it was made clear that said dessert was not made with peanuts, or any peanut product. But people with this allergy its not like hey dont eat peanuts you stupid *** and youll be ok..... There are foods that contain peanuts or peanut products that one with a peanut allergy would never suspect it having peanuts in it. The last episode I had involved me eating brunswick stew from a BBQ place. The ****ing moron that made the stew put peanut butter in it to thicken it up, who the **** thickens stew with peanut butter. Lol But I will say how serious it is and I understand that schools are banning it as its not just 1-2 kids anymore, its a very rapid spreading allergy and I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy or anyone of you guys children. My mom has watched me lay without a heartbeat/pulse 2 times with a nurse holding her hand saying we are doing all we can. I do agree with people being aggravated cause I have always thought of it as my problem and never wanted to bother others with it, but its so common now and no one wants to see a child die or hurt.

Last edited by bushhog750 : 09-15-2012 at 05:20 PM.
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:27 PM #32
Ryan3773 (Banned)
PoopScooper
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushhog750
I myself have a peanut allergy and happen to know how serious it is. It is becoming the most rapidly growing allergy in kids these days. I however have had about 4 incidents in my life with them getting worse each time. After my last incident I quickly learned that i cannot eat any desserts that people make themselves. I just stopped unless it was made clear that said dessert was not made with peanuts, or any peanut product. But people with this allergy its not like hey dont eat peanuts you stupid *** and youll be ok..... There are foods that contain peanuts or peanut products that one with a peanut allergy would never suspect it having peanuts in it. The last episode I had involved me eating brunswick stew from a BBQ place. The ****ing moron that made the stew put peanut butter in it to thicken it up, who the **** thickens stew with peanut butter. Lol But I will say how serious it is and I understand that schools are banning it as its not just 1-2 kids anymore, its a very rapid spreading allergy and I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy or anyone of you guys children. My mom has watched me lay without a heartbeat/pulse 2 times with a nurse holding her hand saying we are doing all we can. I do agree with people being aggravated cause I have always thought of it as my problem and never wanted to bother others with it, but its so common now and no one wants to see a child die or hurt.
Hey do u have a smoking hot girlfriend who makes a ton of money? And if so why do u have two kids?
Ryan3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:43 PM #33
bushhog750
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodstock, GA
bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan3773 View Post
Hey do u have a smoking hot girlfriend who makes a ton of money? And if so why do u have two kids?
Cause I like sex. Lol
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:52 PM #34
Ryan3773 (Banned)
PoopScooper
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushhog750 View Post
Cause I like sex. Lol
pic or shens
Ryan3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:53 PM #35
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child
 
ProtoBaller1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago
ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
pics of wife and kids on vacation
__________________
OG-Seven Deadly Sins
I do tv show things
320gb External Hard Drive F/S
PMR Frame/Board F/s
ProtoBaller1991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:18 PM #36
bushhog750
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodstock, GA
bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I can't see how this pertains to the topic.... But at the same time I'm not gonna post a pic for the entire world to agree or disagree with me. But I can say no dude gay or not would kick her out of the bed.
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:24 PM #37
Ryan3773 (Banned)
PoopScooper
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushhog750
I can't see how this pertains to the topic.... But at the same time I'm not gonna post a pic for the entire world to agree or disagree with me. But I can say no dude gay or not would kick her out of the bed.
Shens.
Ryan3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:31 PM #38
BMcC13
Vatican Assasin
 
BMcC13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CA
BMcC13 helped look for balloons
BMcC13 is playing at Living Legends III
BMcC13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
BMcC13 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
This. I'm all for people having their rights, and doing what they may, and being safe and free. But the moment it infringes on my rights is when I have a problem with it.

If the kid can DIE from airborn peanuts, then he can't go to a mall, a circus, a fair, or any sort of a sporting event. He can never be in public for anything without being at fear for his life. Why the **** should public school have to cater to that? He can get the **** out of the school, eat in a separate room, or just die, because there's no reason to punish everyone else because he can't be around it. That's selfish. And I'd feel bad if I was the kid for everyone else.

You say public school should be able to cater to anyone? That includes kids bringing their own, healthy, cheap lunches with them to school. And some kids, like myself, are/were really picky eaters when they're younger. Try telling a kid who is super picky to eat a ham sandwich instead of a peanut butter. Try explaining to him he can't have it because poor Tommy over there wants to ruin it for everyone else. Try to explain that, it's okay, you can get over it to save a poor kids life.

Yeah, it won't go very well.
Not being able to eat a peanut butter sandwich is not the same thing as your "rights being infringed".

And yes, he has to be very careful in the real world. He doesn't have the opportunity to go to circuses, but he can go to malls...as long as he stays away from the food court. If he sees somebody mowing down on a peanut butter sandwich in Hot Topic, he sees it in time to get away. I imagine there's been a couple situations where he had to inject himself, but that's part of his reality.

Why SHOULDN'T a public school cater to that? Is kids having Reese's Cups and PB&J worth the possibility of a fatality? Absolutely not--just eat something else. That sucks if you're picky...but picky is a choice, his isn't. He didn't choose to be deathly allergic to a common thing. I highly doubt his parents can afford to cater especially to his needs, and is it REALLY that big of a deal if you can't bring peanuts in the school?

I can't understand your logic. Why should a kid's life be put in danger just because you want to eat something at lunch?
__________________
"It is absurd to hold that a man ought to be ashamed of being unable to defend himself with his limbs, but not of being unable to defend himself with speech and reason."
-Aristotle
BMcC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:52 PM #39
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite
 
dualimpact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 817
Annual Supporting Member
dualimpact helped look for balloons
I need a tl;Dr on the last 10 posts.
__________________
SIG
GOES
HERE
dualimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:13 PM #40
Ryan3773 (Banned)
PoopScooper
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualimpact View Post
I need a tl;Dr on the last 10 posts.
tldr: peanuts hurt kids. Also, some guy said he had a hot girlfriend but wouldn't provide pictures. So she is probably a cave troll.
Ryan3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:18 PM #41
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 &amp;amp;amp;lt;3-
 
Rampager2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMcC13 View Post
Not being able to eat a peanut butter sandwich is not the same thing as your "rights being infringed".

And yes, he has to be very careful in the real world. He doesn't have the opportunity to go to circuses, but he can go to malls...as long as he stays away from the food court. If he sees somebody mowing down on a peanut butter sandwich in Hot Topic, he sees it in time to get away. I imagine there's been a couple situations where he had to inject himself, but that's part of his reality.

Why SHOULDN'T a public school cater to that? Is kids having Reese's Cups and PB&J worth the possibility of a fatality? Absolutely not--just eat something else. That sucks if you're picky...but picky is a choice, his isn't. He didn't choose to be deathly allergic to a common thing. I highly doubt his parents can afford to cater especially to his needs, and is it REALLY that big of a deal if you can't bring peanuts in the school?

I can't understand your logic. Why should a kid's life be put in danger just because you want to eat something at lunch?
Because it's a danger that unrealistically can't be controlled. If he can really DIE from a few particles of peanuts in the air, then he is so ****ed that he can barely travel in public or he will die. That is unrealistic.

It's like anything else. Sitting in a building, there's a chance the structural support will crack and it all tumble on you. But, we understand it's safe enough to go. However, if I knew the building had cracks everywhere and was waiting to fall, I wouldn't go. Same thing. I have a slight peanut allergy. I can eat peanuts and be around them. If someone had a severe SEVERE one where they couldn't be around them at all, they shouldn't be in public school. They shouldn't be in public at all. They're a danger to themselves and the more they are out the more likely they are to die.

Also, his parents money matters not to the situation. The matter of suck it is because his life is ****ed because he rolled the unlucky number matters not. Not being able to eat something I want to eat is ridiculous. And, being a picky eater is not a choice. Well, with some things it is. With others it's not. For example, I have diagnosed (not really, but confirmed by a doctor) that I really can't stand the taste of green vegetables. There are 3 categories of people who respond to the glands in them: those who love it, can't taste it, and despise it.. Greens make me throw up. Gag. Vomit. I can't eat them. As such, I'm a "picky" eater and won't eat a lot of foods. That is not a choice. I got dealt a ****ty hand. But I don't ask Chickfila, Wendys, or Burger King to quit having vegetables in their restaurant. I just ask them not to put it on mine. It's a logical solution to the matter, as there are logical solutions to keeping a severe peanut allergy safe. One of those is not sending them to public school.

I ****ing love peanut butter. It's a right of mine to be able to eat whatever the **** I want, so long as it's not an endangered animal or something. If some little twit wants to take that away from me, **** him, I'll be sure to rub peanut butter all over his *** during recess and see how much he likes it.

notrly
__________________
Steam: N-Ur-Face
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Maktub

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:24 PM #42
bushhog750
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodstock, GA
bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampager2000 View Post
Because it's a danger that unrealistically can't be controlled. If he can really DIE from a few particles of peanuts in the air, then he is so ****ed that he can barely travel in public or he will die. That is unrealistic.

It's like anything else. Sitting in a building, there's a chance the structural support will crack and it all tumble on you. But, we understand it's safe enough to go. However, if I knew the building had cracks everywhere and was waiting to fall, I wouldn't go. Same thing. I have a slight peanut allergy. I can eat peanuts and be around them. If someone had a severe SEVERE one where they couldn't be around them at all, they shouldn't be in public school. They shouldn't be in public at all. They're a danger to themselves and the more they are out the more likely they are to die.

Also, his parents money matters not to the situation. The matter of suck it is because his life is ****ed because he rolled the unlucky number matters not. Not being able to eat something I want to eat is ridiculous. And, being a picky eater is not a choice. Well, with some things it is. With others it's not. For example, I have diagnosed (not really, but confirmed by a doctor) that I really can't stand the taste of green vegetables. There are 3 categories of people who respond to the glands in them: those who love it, can't taste it, and despise it.. Greens make me throw up. Gag. Vomit. I can't eat them. As such, I'm a "picky" eater and won't eat a lot of foods. That is not a choice. I got dealt a ****ty hand. But I don't ask Chickfila, Wendys, or Burger King to quit having vegetables in their restaurant. I just ask them not to put it on mine. It's a logical solution to the matter, as there are logical solutions to keeping a severe peanut allergy safe. One of those is not sending them to public school.

I ****ing love peanut butter. It's a right of mine to be able to eat whatever the **** I want, so long as it's not an endangered animal or something. If some little twit wants to take that away from me, **** him, I'll be sure to rub peanut butter all over his *** during recess and see how much he likes it.

notrly
**** heads like you are the reason some species eat their young. Lol
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump